Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Augmentation Discussion

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Augmentation Discussion This forum is for general questions about breast augmentation and breast implants.

Implant exchange - Allergan free replacement textured to smooth??

Old 01-08-2021, 11:47 AM

ittybittytittie is on a distinguished road
Implant exchange - Allergan free replacement textured to smooth??

Hi! I haven't been on this forum in ages. I got my implants done in 2014 and I absolutely love the results but I have the recalled BIOCELL implants for Allergan. I am asymptomatic but I have a lot of anxiety about developing the BIA-ALCL cancer even though I know the incidence is really low and the FDA recommendation is to keep them in if there are no symptoms.

However I found that Allergan will cover the cost of a new pair of silicone implants until July 2021 and while the surgery/facility fees will be out of pocket, that will at least cover 1/3-1/2 the total cost of the surgery so it seems like a good time to do it. I also have noticed a lot more rippling over the years which I don't love. They look fantastic but don't feel super great to the touch in certain positions.

Has anyone used this warranty? And if not, how is an implant exchange compared to the initial surgery? What is it like going from textured to smooth?

Mine are 253cc R 272cc L, over the muscle, textured round, moderate profile, peri-areolar incision. I would like them to look as close as possible to how they look now but hopefully minimize rippling and maybe increase by 50-100 CCs if possible.

Thanks!

ittybittytittie's plastic surgeon is Michael Tantillo, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE