Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Augmentation Discussion
 
|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


General Breast Augmentation Discussion This forum is for general questions about breast augmentation and breast implants.


Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Bri505co
  • 1 Post By Natali
  • 1 Post By A714

Weird, Very Specific Question about BA vs Hysterectomy

Old 01-12-2022, 06:49 PM
  #1  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 8
Bri505co is on a distinguished road
Question Weird, Very Specific Question about BA vs Hysterectomy

Hi!

This is such a specific question, but I have my BA in 3 weeks and I am getting freaked out reading about the recovery stress/pain. I have generally decent pain tolerance, but I am starting to worry about how intense people report it being. I have had a hysterectomy, and that was a fairly long/stressful healing process, and I wonder how it compares to a BA.

Has anyone here had a BA and a hysterectomy? How do the two compare pain-wise?
Bri505co is offline  
Old 01-13-2022, 04:43 AM
  #2  
 
twinpearls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: OH, USA
Posts: 234
twinpearls is on a distinguished road
I had a hysterectomy, but not a BA yet. So I can't compare. I do know the hysterectomy was pretty rough though. It was basically bed rest for about 6 weeks. Hubby had to handle most of the household. But after healing, I'm so glad I did it and got rid of those issues that it was causing! I've been in BA research mode for many years. From reading BA stories of hundreds of women, I would surmise that the BA is not nearly as bad as the hysterectomy. But that's just my speculation.
twinpearls is offline  
Old 01-13-2022, 06:05 AM
  #3  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 8
Bri505co is on a distinguished road
I agree; the hysterectomy is totally worth it! I know the BA will be too, but I like to be prepared for what to expect!

Do you have your BA scheduled? I totally get being in the intense research phase!

twinpearls likes this.
Bri505co is offline  
Old 01-13-2022, 09:15 PM
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 6
Ccbug is on a distinguished road
I am almost 6 weeks post op. I know everyone Is different but I felt completely fine. I was never in a lot of pain I was just sore. The first 5 days I took my pain meds round the clock and it just made me sleep. I was the most sore on day 3 but after day 5 I really felt fine. The worst part was finding comfortable positions to sleep. Iím normally a side slipper so it was hard to get comfortable on my back / sitting up. For me the ďpainĒ felt like (if you have kids and know the feeling ) it felt like when your milk comes in and they are so full and a lot of pressure and you just want to pump /feed to release the pressure.
I normally feel like I donít have a good pain tolerance and j was terrified for how much pain I thought I was going to be in. But I felt fine
Ccbug is offline  
Old 01-14-2022, 05:13 AM
  #5  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 8
Bri505co is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Ccbug View Post
I am almost 6 weeks post op. I know everyone Is different but I felt completely fine. I was never in a lot of pain I was just sore. The first 5 days I took my pain meds round the clock and it just made me sleep. I was the most sore on day 3 but after day 5 I really felt fine. The worst part was finding comfortable positions to sleep. Iím normally a side slipper so it was hard to get comfortable on my back / sitting up. For me the ďpainĒ felt like (if you have kids and know the feeling ) it felt like when your milk comes in and they are so full and a lot of pressure and you just want to pump /feed to release the pressure.
I normally feel like I donít have a good pain tolerance and j was terrified for how much pain I thought I was going to be in. But I felt fine

Thanks so much for the response! That is encouraging to hear for sure. Do you have unders? I donít have kids so I donít have a point of reference for milk coming in, but pressure sounds much better than pain!
Bri505co is offline  
Old 01-14-2022, 07:48 AM
  #6  
 
twinpearls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: OH, USA
Posts: 234
twinpearls is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Bri505co View Post
Do you have your BA scheduled? I totally get being in the intense research phase!
No, it's not scheduled yet. I've been saving $$ and getting various things in order in my life. Hopefully soon!
twinpearls is offline  
Old 01-14-2022, 01:49 PM
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 7
Natali is on a distinguished road
I had a BA exactly 1 month ago now. I also had to get a correction of tuberous breast which makes it more complicated than a regular BA. I took my pain medication around the clock and I never had pain. Not sure where you are located but the cold is what has been bothering me. When I get cold, my chest muscle tenses up and I really hate the stiff feeling. Also you wake up stiff from your sleep. I honestly think the hardest part of all of this has been my mental. I don't have any patience so waiting weeks to 6 months to feel like myself again is a blow lol i wish time would just fly. But nonetheless, no pain just a feeling of heaviness the first few weeks. Just make sure you take your pain medication on time and you will be fine. Mine were done under the muscle.

Bri505co likes this.
Natali is offline  
Old 01-14-2022, 03:49 PM
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 2
A714 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by twinpearls View Post
I had a hysterectomy, but not a BA yet. So I can't compare. I do know the hysterectomy was pretty rough though. It was basically bed rest for about 6 weeks. Hubby had to handle most of the household. But after healing, I'm so glad I did it and got rid of those issues that it was causing! I've been in BA research mode for many years. From reading BA stories of hundreds of women, I would surmise that the BA is not nearly as bad as the hysterectomy. But that's just my speculation.
Wow six weeks of bed rest after the hysterectomy? Iím on the list to get one due to all the issues Iíve had (there is a backlog due to Covid, so it has yet to be scheduled). I canít imagine being bed rested for so long. Luckily with my lift/augmentation, my husband has been able to help out with so much, but I canít imagine him having to do most of it again for six weeks after a hysterectomy, though I guess heíll have no choice.

twinpearls likes this.
A714 is offline  
Old 01-14-2022, 07:10 PM
  #9  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 8
Bri505co is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by A714 View Post
Wow six weeks of bed rest after the hysterectomy? Iím on the list to get one due to all the issues Iíve had (there is a backlog due to Covid, so it has yet to be scheduled). I canít imagine being bed rested for so long. Luckily with my lift/augmentation, my husband has been able to help out with so much, but I canít imagine him having to do most of it again for six weeks after a hysterectomy, though I guess heíll have no choice.
Not the original person youíre responding to here, but hysterectomy recovery is so different for everyone (like BAs I guess!). I wasnít on bed rest, but was pretty limited in the first few weeks, but I took a 3 hour flight and presented at a conference at one month after the surgery. I was still really tired, but for the most part I was OK. There were lifting restrictions, but you can get back to some activity before six weeks it just depends how you are feeling.
Bri505co is offline  
Old 01-14-2022, 08:24 PM
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 2
A714 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Bri505co View Post
Not the original person youíre responding to here, but hysterectomy recovery is so different for everyone (like BAs I guess!). I wasnít on bed rest, but was pretty limited in the first few weeks, but I took a 3 hour flight and presented at a conference at one month after the surgery. I was still really tired, but for the most part I was OK. There were lifting restrictions, but you can get back to some activity before six weeks it just depends how you are feeling.
Okay phew, thatís good to hear. Was hoping that might be the case, depending on the person. 6 weeks is a long time to be out of commission. Thank you for the info!!
A714 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off