Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Augmentation Discussion

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Augmentation Discussion This forum is for general questions about breast augmentation and breast implants.

If implants are removed soon after surgery, is there less chance of needing a lift?

Old 08-01-2022, 12:49 AM
Mez

Mez is on a distinguished road
If implants are removed soon after surgery, is there less chance of needing a lift?

3 weeks ago I had anatomical implants. I knew anatomicals would be firmer than normal but my breasts feel literally like oranges and don't move at all. I also know it's still early days and they *may* soften up and that it could take up to a year. However after a year the skin will be well and truly stretched, whereas if I explant now they may go back to normal with no issue.

I really like how they look but I can't stand how they feel. I don't think I'd ever touch them again if they stayed like this.

Has anyone had experiences like this? Or even just general advice? I know it's early and don't want to rush into anything due to panic but I really, really hate them.
Old 08-01-2022, 09:36 AM

twinpearls is on a distinguished road
An explant so soon? Wow, seems like a lot of money and setback to throw down the drain so soon! Not to mention, your body just underwent a major trauma (the medical community considers breast augmentation a major surgery). Subjecting it to that again could create other issues.

Me personally, I'd ride it out. Like you said, it could take up to a year for everything to settle. And yes, they typically soften during that time. If they are "unders" they will be particularly firmer in the early days since the muscle needs to relax and find its new "normal."

Supposing you still hate them at 1yr, an explant/lift isn't a traumatic event. If you shop carefully and find the right surgeon, a lift can be done so well that you never see the scars. I have seen some extraordinary lifts with nearly-invisible scars. Of course, I've seen butcher jobs too. It depends heavily on the surgeon's skill level.

My hope is that you'll just sit tight and ride this out. But that's your choice.
Old 08-10-2022, 10:56 PM
Mez

Mez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by twinpearls View Post
An explant so soon? Wow, seems like a lot of money and setback to throw down the drain so soon! Not to mention, your body just underwent a major trauma (the medical community considers breast augmentation a major surgery). Subjecting it to that again could create other issues.

Me personally, I'd ride it out. Like you said, it could take up to a year for everything to settle. And yes, they typically soften during that time. If they are "unders" they will be particularly firmer in the early days since the muscle needs to relax and find its new "normal."

Supposing you still hate them at 1yr, an explant/lift isn't a traumatic event. If you shop carefully and find the right surgeon, a lift can be done so well that you never see the scars. I have seen some extraordinary lifts with nearly-invisible scars. Of course, I've seen butcher jobs too. It depends heavily on the surgeon's skill level.

My hope is that you'll just sit tight and ride this out. But that's your choice.
Yes but I'm terrified of losing sensation. I never realised just how bad having numb breasts could be until this experience. Luckily my sensation has mostly come back but I know lifts carry a greater risk of sensation loss. So if I strongly suspect I'm not going to like the outcome of this surgery, I really just want to get them out ASAP.
Old 08-11-2022, 05:26 AM

twinpearls is on a distinguished road
Hmm, I've seen some of your other posts in the forum about your disdain. Have you talked to your surgeon about it? My conclusion is that only a small fraction of you is happy with the upgrade. The much larger fraction of you wants them out STAT. If it is really bothering you that much, then get the explant.

They do typically soften, but you have painted yourself into a corner where you are unwilling to wait, for fear that other unwanted side effects will need dealt with. Life is a journey. Life has ups and downs. Life has good and bad. Nothing this side of the pearly gates is perfect, including breast augmentations. But you have to find happiness in the messy journey, which may mean an explant. You had an idea in your head about the exact softness you expected and were disappointed unfortunately. If you are after an exact softness as measured by a penetrometer, you likely won't get it. I'm really sorry you are facing this. :-(

One last thing...also realize that the surgeon may have excavated some of your breast tissue during the augmentation. They do this to create the pocket and help achieve symmetry. So an explant is not likely going to restore your exact pre-augmentation condition. You will likely have less volume. In that case, you may consider fat transfer to add some back.