Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Augmentation Discussion
 
|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


General Breast Augmentation Discussion This forum is for general questions about breast augmentation and breast implants.


Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By isitsafe
  • 1 Post By twinpearls

Help!! They look larger than expected post-op and feeling pretty helpless

Old 09-22-2022, 06:20 AM
  #1  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: 2
sunshinegirl08 is on a distinguished road
Help!! They look larger than expected post-op, feeling helpless

Hi everyone! I just got my BA today, I am 5í7Ē and 110lb and during all of my consultations I insisted on being a small C. I have been a 34AA my whole life (think just a regular torso with two nipples) and Iíve always wanted to get them a bit bigger but still natural looking. Thus, my doctor recommended 425cc because of my wide frame but then I started researching a little more and was more inclined to do a mini boob job and go up one cup size to a B, which Iíve read is typically 150-300cc. So, I changed the CC down to 275 and he told me this would bring me down to a normal B, even a small B which I was more than okay with.
After I woke up I looked down and just freaked out at the size. They look like Cís but the doctor reassured me that it was just really swollen and that they will shrink down to Bís in a couple months. Can anybody give me some relief and let me know if they looked really big post surgery because of swelling and if they shrunk? I canít even look in the mirror right now and Iím really considering just getting them taken out at this point as Iím really insecure that theyíll be super noticeable.

Last edited by sunshinegirl08; 09-22-2022 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Shortened the title
sunshinegirl08 is online now  
Old 09-22-2022, 07:58 AM
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 823
heymom3 will become famous soon enough heymom3 will become famous soon enough
hang in there

Originally Posted by sunshinegirl08 View Post
Hi everyone! I just got my BA today, I am 5í7Ē and 110lb and during all of my consultations I insisted on being a small C. I have been a 34AA my whole life (think just a regular torso with two nipples) and Iíve always wanted to get them a bit bigger but still natural looking. Thus, my doctor recommended 425cc because of my wide frame but then I started researching a little more and was more inclined to do a mini boob job and go up one cup size to a B, which Iíve read is typically 150-300cc. So, I changed the CC down to 275 and he told me this would bring me down to a normal B, even a small B which I was more than okay with.
After I woke up I looked down and just freaked out at the size. They look like Cís but the doctor reassured me that it was just really swollen and that they will shrink down to Bís in a couple months. Can anybody give me some relief and let me know if they looked really big post surgery because of swelling and if they shrunk? I canít even look in the mirror right now and Iím really considering just getting them taken out at this point as Iím really insecure that theyíll be super noticeable.
I have been through this surgery so many times it isn't even funny. I can promise that what you see now is not what your final results will be. You are very swollen and the implants are high up under the muscle. The swelling will go away 1st then the muscle will relax allowing the implants to drop into place. I suggest taking photos once or twice a month in the poses you did at your surgeon's office. This will help you track & see the changes. There are times the changes are so small we don't notice them because we see our breasts every day but with pictures you can compare and will see them.

May your recovery go smooth and your results perfect
heymom3 is offline  
Old 09-23-2022, 09:42 AM
  #3  
 
twinpearls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: OH, USA
Posts: 481
twinpearls is on a distinguished road
I too suggest taking frequent photos, perhaps weekly.

Yes, you are swollen. Yes you need about 3-12mth to see the final results. The other aspect that is not often talked about, is the emotional shock that occurs when you wake up. Almost every woman encounters it. You go to sleep at one size, and wake up another. It's very tough for some woman to cope with that sudden change. Not to mention, you are drugged up. It usually takes about a month for the emotional rollercoaster to settle.

Give it time. Don't make a rash knee-jerk decision.
twinpearls is offline  
Old 09-23-2022, 05:43 PM
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: California
Posts: 32
isitsafe is on a distinguished road
I felt the same way with my BA in the sense I felt they were so muich bigger than what I wanted. The first few days I was really upset and depressed and regretful esp having gone thru all the research, talking to the PS, etc etc . I posted here about that even bec I really needed to get my angst ouyt. For the next few days/weeks, they did not get smaller, and I continued to fret about them.

Fast foward 8 weeks as I am 8 weeks post op .. (p.s. long story below .. maybe this will make you feel better bec i know i was very worried 8 weeks ago)

Here are the things my PS said that I can share if they help ...
1. My PS said the shrinkage is about 10% from post op till final state. I do not know if this is real or estimate or what, but that is what he said when I pressed him on how much is swelling so consider it some kind of estimate.
2. My PS said when the drop and fluff, they are not really dropping directly down, they are down and AWAY from chest. This means they will look bigger as they further away from chest and not held tight/restricted. This might offset the "10%" reduction from swelling going down ;-(
3. In his over 20 years of experience, those who thought they were big at first, were ok in the end, not because what is done is done, but because if you picked a good PS (sounds liek you did as he was considering your breast width), they do this for a living, they know what the sizing + and - should be to arrive at your desired results when ALL healing are done.

Here are the things I FELT and SAW in my body that I can share if they help....
1. I am a super small 5 feet, 94 lbs person. I DID NOT WANT my boobs to be all of what is seen .. so naturally, I felt super down when they looked like huge melons the first few days/weeks ... BUT
2. The first time I wore normal clothes, as in not tight fitting, not low cut, to meet friends and family, some who knew and some did not know of surgery ..., those who did NOT know said nothing, absolutely nothing, those that did know, said they did not look big and they looked natural... and they are long time good friends, so they would tell me the truth
3. The first time I wore a slightly more tight-fitting clothes, had to go to wedding, I could not even zip the back of my dress, bec my big boobs were in the way. I was so so self conscious. But I had to wear THE dress .. again, those who did NOT know said nothing, absolutely nothing, those that did know, said they looked great. I saw myself on the wedding pics and honestly, they did not look big, they looked great and quite proportional.
4. The first time I wore gym bra for hot yoga, as in just the bra, no top (since it was way too hot), again no one said anything.. not even those who knew. No one looked at me funny, not teh women not the men! It was as if they were normal.
5. So at 8 weeks post op, I am 100% ok with my boob size because... if I take my own self-consciousness out of the picture and just consider what I have noticed where if no one is saying anything or looking at me weird or acting like they suspect I got BA, then I am glad they ARE THIS BIG, else anything else MGHT BE TOO SMALL for all the hassle, money, surgery, recovery etc etc.. so by then I will feel cheated and have made the wrong decision the other way and put myself for something i then regret the other way..

So bottom line, unless you are going to be in a bikini or naked your boobs, based on my experience, you are not going to look as big as you are worrying about now. And if you want them to look big, then wear super tight / low cut clothes bec they will look big for sure like that. Yes, when I see myself naked, yes they look huge but that is naked, so that is a different story..

I hope you feel better.... and hope this helps!

twinpearls likes this.
isitsafe is online now  
Old 09-24-2022, 02:40 AM
  #5  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: 2
sunshinegirl08 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by heymom3 View Post
I have been through this surgery so many times it isn't even funny. I can promise that what you see now is not what your final results will be. You are very swollen and the implants are high up under the muscle. The swelling will go away 1st then the muscle will relax allowing the implants to drop into place. I suggest taking photos once or twice a month in the poses you did at your surgeon's office. This will help you track & see the changes. There are times the changes are so small we don't notice them because we see our breasts every day but with pictures you can compare and will see them.

May your recovery go smooth and your results perfect
Thank you so much!! Hard for me to take pictures right now but I will definitely try and stay diligent!!
sunshinegirl08 is online now  
Old 09-24-2022, 07:13 AM
  #6  
 
twinpearls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: OH, USA
Posts: 481
twinpearls is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by isitsafe View Post
So at 8 weeks post op, I am 100% ok with my boob size because...
Yay, I'm so thrilled you got past that hurdle! I remember reading all of your posts. I know that was a rough spot for you.

isitsafe likes this.
twinpearls is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to twinpearls For This Useful Post:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off