Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Augmentation Discussion

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Augmentation Discussion This forum is for general questions about breast augmentation and breast implants.

Best implant to avoid rippling....

Old 06-07-2010, 04:47 PM

Tluver is on a distinguished road
Best implant to avoid rippling....

So I have the picture of exactly the boobs I am looking for (mix between Shyla Stylez/Sophia Rossi). What implants are the best to go with to avoid rippling. I know there are many types....any suggestions?
Old 06-07-2010, 05:53 PM

Victorious* has a spectacular aura Victorious* has a spectacular aura
HI!
It really depends on a lot of things. Most surgeons will give girls who have little to no natural breast tissue silicone implants under the muscle. That would give you the least chances of rippling. However if you really have NO tissue before hand, you still may get some.
If you have a lot of breast tissue to start with than I dont think rippling should be an issue. Speak to your surgeon to find out what is right for you, and go from there!
GL
Old 06-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Loving the new boobs!

Sugarlove will become famous soon enough Sugarlove will become famous soon enough
Your PS is really the only person that can give you advice on that because he is the one that will see you and feel your tissue. Silicone traditionally ripples less than saline but silicone can ripple as well. Under the muscle tends to ripple less than overs but again, rippling is still possible with both. Are you asking about brands of implants or sil vs. saline?
Old 06-07-2010, 08:52 PM

Not so much brands as much as types. I am 99.9% sure I want saline but wondering about the high profile, moderate high profile, round, smooth, etc. I went for a consultation a while back and was told I have a lot of breast tissue so he wanted to go over the muscle. I would prefer under though.....hmmm.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:09 PM

sftbaby1 is on a distinguished road
My PS definitely recommended silicone under the muscle to avoid rippling.
He said rippling is much more common with saline. Still, choosing saline does not mean you WILL have rippling. The silicone DOES feel really nice though. However, i chose saline, cuz, 1)it was cheaper and 2) i can avoid those expensive MRI's.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:16 PM

EyesFixdSkyward is on a distinguished road
only advise I can give ya is that silicone is better. Also overfilling saline implants helps .GL! talk to your PS
Old 06-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Its true what they say... Bigger IS Better ;)

**Babs** has a spectacular aura **Babs** has a spectacular aura **Babs** has a spectacular aura
if you have alot of breast tissue and were told to go over the muscle that might be your only choice, i have alot of breast tissue as well and i am going with what my PS suggested, round textured silicone overs, he said that will give me the best results so i am trusting him!
Old 06-07-2010, 09:58 PM

blessing is on a distinguished road
I am very concerned about rippling as well. One PS told me that I had enough breast tissue that it would not matter if I used silicone or saline -of course, I only want to move 2 bra sizes up so I'm not getting too big. It may be different if you want very large breasts. You probably are gathering that the decision is very individualized and you need to consult several PS's to weigh your concerns
Old 06-07-2010, 10:12 PM

loveya is on a distinguished road
Well first of all the more breast tissue you have the less likely you'll have rippling. If you do under the muscle it'll be a less chance of rippling. Silicone is also a better choice. And I suppose the larger u go the more chance you'll have of rippling because it'll be a bigger implant. And if you lose weight along the road..... whcih means you'll have less NATURAL breast tissue, u could get rippling..maybe.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:49 PM

Yes, the weight loss is also a concern of mine. I am currently doing weight watchers and my goal is to lose at least 40 lbs. by October 1st. That is why I am putting off the consultation until I get to my goal weight. As far as size, I am currently a b/c but want to go to a FULL D at least but not too big. I just want them much more full but also natural looking.....
Old 06-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Much to be Thankful for :)

Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all
There's currently a thread going on rippling with silicone, and it is much more common than you'd think.

My surgeon told me saline High Profiles, by Mentor, gave the best result/least amount of rippling in her experience.

Go to this thread and look at my post (3rd one down). It shows pix of silicone implants, and one of Mentor's saline HP's. The saline HP's clearly look least likely to ripple...
http://www.justbreastimplants.com/fo...silicones.html

There are gummy bear cohesive implants, which probably also have little rippling, but they are only available in the US through a study. HTH
The Following User Says Thank You to Dare For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2010, 10:28 PM

Vic*Tori is on a distinguished road
Gummy bears cant ripple - the gel and outer shell are too firm for rippling. Well thats what I have been told anyways..... Good Luck with whatever you choose!
Old 06-08-2010, 11:13 PM

erin24 is on a distinguished road
My ps showed me and told me that mentor moderate plus silcione ripple the least out of mentors silicone implants. If you take a moderate, moderate plus and hp implant all in silicone and lay then on a table the moderate plus will be smooth. The other two will have rippling in the top of them.

But mentor hps in saline ripple the least.

My ps was going to switch my unders to overs and use moderate plus, but because I wanted 700 hps he felt like I would have too bad of rippling and kept them under the muscle.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:10 AM

But with the Saline, does it matter is they are round, smooth, anatomical, etc.??? Or does it matter if they are overs or unders???