Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Reconstruction

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Reconstruction If you're having breast reconstruction, please post your questions and experiences in this forum.

Like Tree75Likes

I had breast cancer

Reply Subscribe
Old 05-22-2012, 07:46 PM

Stix is on a distinguished road
I had breast cancer

I had a double mastectomy March 16th, took nipples and all my breast tissue. Had implants done May 17th. I was diagnosed with breast cancer Feb 28th. It's all gone by so fast, feel like I have been through the ringer, but glad it happened fast so I can get on with my life.
I had NO history of breast cancer in my family. I see so many women on this site say they are not worried about breast cancer because it is not in their family history!! NEITHER WAS MINE!!!! No history at all!!! I had Ductal Cell Carcinoma In Situ, the cancer was in my milk duct and had not spread thankfully!! I was able to get a dbl mast. and not have to do chemo or radiation.
So here I am healing up from my implant surgery, will need new nipples tattooed on, but was told that would be months away.
I will be so glad to put this all behind me. I lost my 3 year old son to cancer in 1994.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Stix For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2012, 07:51 AM

BlondeQT is on a distinguished road
I just wanted to stop by to give you some healing thoughts and big hugs. You have been through a lot!

rlg2012, Stix, gingy and 1 others like this.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:40 AM

motorxmomma will become famous soon enough
so very sorry! Lots of positive thoughts coming your way. hugs!!!

Stix likes this.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:57 AM

buttercup79 is on a distinguished road
WOW, of everything that is out in this world I wish we could find a cure for Cancer above them all. It affects everyone one way or another.
I am so glad you caught yours early. I wish you the best with your recovery and want to tell you I admire your outlook. You are here, no chemo no radio.. and on the mend. THANK YOU GOD FOR THAT.
I can not phathom what you have been through. I worry about cancer all the time, as it does run in my family. I wish you the best, and let us know how it goes ok?

rlg2012 and Stix like this.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:57 AM
The twins have arrived!

akristakat will become famous soon enough
I'm so sorry for the loss of your son and your diagnosis. Thank you for sharing such an important message, I think sometimes we can settle into a mindset of "oh that will never happen to me," so it is an essential reminder to stay on top of your health. I hope you have a quick and healthy recovery! Many hugs to you!

hereigo, ceegee and Stix like this.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:20 PM

fancy63517 is on a distinguished road
I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad your health is doing better and wish you all the best. Thank you for taking the time to post. I'm sorry for all you had to go through.

Stix likes this.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:24 PM

AllieOop is on a distinguished road
I am so sorry for the loss of your son and for your own cancer battle. I wish you nothing but good health and best wishes from here on out.

Stix likes this.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:37 PM

calicocat is on a distinguished road
have you been in touch with anyone else that has gone through breast cancer?

Stix likes this.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:47 AM
32C with 150cc's and lift

beckybee is just really nice beckybee is just really nice beckybee is just really nice beckybee is just really nice
I'm sorry to hear all you went through, but you have a great attitude about it. I'm glad that you were able to go through it so quickly also and that it was contained with no need for chemo or radiation. That's excellent. You are a brave woman.

I had a friend who had a masectomy on one breast. She opted to have a prosethesis but this was years ago. She gets checked regularly and is still cancer free.

My best wishes to you!

Stix likes this.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:24 PM

zumbajaime is on a distinguished road
Your post made me cry. I'm sorry for you and the loss of your son. I have 3 children and it's a profound love you have for them, I'm sorry for you.

Thank you for sharing your story and I hope nothing but good things to come your way.

ChristeenaMarie and Stix like this.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:32 PM

MissW is on a distinguished road
Oh wow...you've been through so much..sorry to hear about your son too. What can I say? You have an angel watching over you now. Thank God your mastectomy and surgery went well too. Hang in there and be strong.
God's blessings...

Stix likes this.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:35 PM
Enjoy life for the fullest. It has an expiration date.

Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of
You've been through a lot!! Double mastectomy....... was the cancer in both breasts or just one? Often, it is in one and many women opt to have both removed. I have a very close friend. She had ovarian cancer (treated and in remission) and was tested for the BRCA gene. She tested positive and opted to have both breasts removed since her risk for breast cancer was 80+%. She has had a difficult time with her reconstruction/expanders. Her skin doesn't have much elasticity, so she had some tenting and concerns about whether her body could handle the implants. Things are looking up for her and she's moving ahead with her final surgery. Yay!

I guess my point in all this is that those of us who choose to have a BA for cosmetic reasons do not go through the difficulties that a mastectomy brings. I admire you so very much, for having the courage to choose what you want and follow through with it. I know it is NOT an easy choice. I wish you the best of luck. And thank you for sharing with us and becoming a part of the JBI family.

Slinky

Georgia Peach and Stix like this.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:43 PM

finally@41 will become famous soon enough
Blessings for a great physical and emotional recovery. U have been thru so much. I can't imagine the pain of losing a baby, especially to cancer. Thank you for sharing your story, and again I'm wishing you the best possible recovery!!! (((hugs)))

Stix likes this.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:03 AM
Worth the Wait :)

never2late is on a distinguished road
Ms.Finally, you are just a breathing miracle!

Thank you for sharing the information about early detection for breast cancer.
Not all cancers are geneticly linked.
By virtue of your due dillegence, and type of cancer your life was spared. You will go on to be a tremendous possitive example of strength, and courage.

Life is so fragile, and you have experiances first hand losses that most never have to endure. In spite of all you have been faced with, it is evident you are a special, beautiful woman, inside and out!!!

Best of luck in your recovery, and reconstruction.

Stix and Richele like this.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:23 AM

Lyn26 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Stix View Post
I had a double mastectomy March 16th, took nipples and all my breast tissue. Had implants done May 17th. I was diagnosed with breast cancer Feb 28th. It's all gone by so fast, feel like I have been through the ringer, but glad it happened fast so I can get on with my life.
I had NO history of breast cancer in my family. I see so many women on this site say they are not worried about breast cancer because it is not in their family history!! NEITHER WAS MINE!!!! No history at all!!! I had Ductal Cell Carcinoma In Situ, the cancer was in my milk duct and had not spread thankfully!! I was able to get a dbl mast. and not have to do chemo or radiation.
So here I am healing up from my implant surgery, will need new nipples tattooed on, but was told that would be months away.
I will be so glad to put this all behind me. I lost my 3 year old son to cancer in 1994.
You are SO strong. I wish you the best

Stix likes this.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:34 AM

ldoprincess is on a distinguished road
Thank you so much for sharing your message. I am very sorry for your loss of your son and thankful they found your breast cancer as quickly as they did.

Stix likes this.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:32 PM

danzn16 is a jewel in the rough danzn16 is a jewel in the rough danzn16 is a jewel in the rough
what were your symptoms that you were able to catch it so early? Thank goodness that you did!! That is so great you don't have to do chemo or rad, they are truly horrible.

Stix likes this.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:40 PM
look at these puppies!

gingy is on a distinguished road
Thank you so much for sharing it is very important to keep a close eye for cancer. I am so sorry for your loss!!! BIG HUGS!!!!

Stix likes this.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Welcome to the new "Me"

asiankitty72 is on a distinguished road
I'm so sorry for your loss and everything that you've been through. Breast cancer runs in my family but I sure hope that I will be fine. I had mine checked and I am fine thank goodness. But sending my hugs and prayers to you for a speedy recovery and healing.

Stix likes this.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:55 AM

Cali8 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for sharing your story with all of us! Sounds like you have a wonderful perspective on life. I think all of us should be more cautious and diligent in doing cancer screenings. I usually think to myself that it could never happen to me, so not true! Thank you.

Stix likes this.
Reply Subscribe