Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Reconstruction

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Reconstruction If you're having breast reconstruction, please post your questions and experiences in this forum.

Like Tree75Likes

I had breast cancer

Reply Subscribe
Old 11-02-2012, 03:26 PM

Islandgirl is on a distinguished road
I'm sorry for everything you have been through. As a mother, I cannot imagine the pain.

Thank you for sharing your story. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:38 PM

survivorgirl is on a distinguished road
isn't it the same.....I have bottoming out- I think. I have lateral displacement.....its the same for revision anyway, isn't it????It's not the same initially, but it is for revision isn't it?? I am asking because I have some issues, and i am researching women that have had revisional problems post aug's because i am having some of the same issues...mine are behind the muscle of course, like a lot of augs now...

Last edited by survivorgirl; 04-06-2013 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:43 PM

survivorgirl is on a distinguished road
tndiamonds

how is everything now....who was your plastic surgeon for this last surgery??
Old 04-06-2013, 05:52 PM

joyful has a spectacular aura joyful has a spectacular aura joyful has a spectacular aura
I like what all the women who posted above have said.

and I will repeat their message, Thank you for having the courage and kindness to share your story. I am very sorry for the loss of your child. And I am sorry that you have gone through this challange, you are coping with it with grace and courage.

blessings and all the best.

Richele likes this.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:06 PM

Richele will become famous soon enough Richele will become famous soon enough
Sending positive hugs your way. (((Hugs))) Life sure hands some of us more than our share.

We never know what story there is behind the humans we meet in life...so be kind to each other always. ♥ ♥ ♥
Old 04-06-2013, 06:12 PM

BORIGIRL is on a distinguished road
First of all, my respects to you... i take my hat off. You are a warrior a soldier and im very happy that i can tell you this. Not everybody can fight cancer and you did. Im so sorry about your baby i can imagine your pain. like i said you a warrior!!! My grandma was a survivor also... God bless your heart!! im so happy and glad that you ok and everything is going good with you... God Bless You and your Familia xoxoxo

Richele likes this.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:56 AM

EmEm is an unknown quantity at this point
Sad to hear a story like yours, but unfortunately that's life. Be strong from now on too...
Old 04-12-2013, 12:31 PM

mytwogirls is on a distinguished road
I am so sorry for your loss of your son and what you had to go through. Glad it was dealt with promptly!!

Interestingly enough. I had a concern about one breast feeling something different on one side as opposed to the other. I had brought it up to my doctor a couple years back. He said it was extra breast tissue but ordered me a mammogram anyway just to rule anything out. Nothing came up.

Yesterday I was at my PS office for my weekly check in. He wants to see me weekly to see how progress is going. But anyway, I had brought it up about this extra breast tissue right before my revision and jokingly said if he could remove just that, it would even out my breasts more. I showed him again yesterday and he said while in surgery he didn't notice anything. But this morning he called me and seemed concerned about it and said it was rather prominent so he wants me to go in for an ultrasound. He thinks it's getting bigger but I sort of think it make be more noticeable because the bigger implant is pushing it out more.

You are right, it is good to get checked out, even the small things!!! It's much better to catch it early rather then too late.

Thank you for sharing!!
Old 04-15-2013, 02:22 PM

Madeiran84 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Stix View Post
I had a double mastectomy March 16th, took nipples and all my breast tissue. Had implants done May 17th. I was diagnosed with breast cancer Feb 28th. It's all gone by so fast, feel like I have been through the ringer, but glad it happened fast so I can get on with my life.
I had NO history of breast cancer in my family. I see so many women on this site say they are not worried about breast cancer because it is not in their family history!! NEITHER WAS MINE!!!! No history at all!!! I had Ductal Cell Carcinoma In Situ, the cancer was in my milk duct and had not spread thankfully!! I was able to get a dbl mast. and not have to do chemo or radiation.
So here I am healing up from my implant surgery, will need new nipples tattooed on, but was told that would be months away.
I will be so glad to put this all behind me. I lost my 3 year old son to cancer in 1994.
Congratulations on your breast reconstruction i'm really happy for you that all went well, and that you r cancer free. I went through a similar situation with double mastectomy and nipples removed and reconstruction, but had chemo before that and I am now waiting for another op for a bigger expander. so sorry that your little boy passed away. My cancer is genetic although only one auntie on my dads side had it.
Wishing you all the best and that you carry on being healthy and strong xxxx

Mandizzy329 likes this.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:18 PM

peace&balance is on a distinguished road
so sorry for your loss

thank you for sharing your story.

It looks like it's been about a year since your BA surgery. How are you doing now?
Old 05-26-2013, 07:19 PM
Always be YOU-don't try to be me, story ends bad..

HottBlondie77 will become famous soon enough
I had a double mastectomy March 16th, took nipples and all my breast tissue. Had implants done May 17th. I was diagnosed with breast cancer Feb 28th. It's all gone by so fast, feel like I have been through the ringer, but glad it happened fast so I can get on with my life.
I had NO history of breast cancer in my family. I see so many women on this site say they are not worried about breast cancer because it is not in their family history!! NEITHER WAS MINE!!!! No history at all!!! I had Ductal Cell Carcinoma In Situ, the cancer was in my milk duct and had not spread thankfully!! I was able to get a dbl mast. and not have to do chemo or radiation.
So here I am healing up from my implant surgery, will need new nipples tattooed on, but was told that would be months away.
I will be so glad to put this all behind me. I lost my 3 year old son to cancer in 1994.
Thank you for sharing your story. I hope you are doing well.
I often find myself crying over my Left side explant, and then I think about cancer survivors and try and change my outlook,
Im so sorry for all you have been trhough.
xo
Sarah
Old 05-26-2013, 08:38 PM

superscared! is on a distinguished road
Omg I Am So Sorry... I Am So Happy You Are Ok And I Am So Sorry For Your loss
Old 05-27-2013, 05:57 AM
I got boobies YAY

Lyra is on a distinguished road
Sorry about your loss of your son, I couldnt imagine what thats like...then battling your own cancer your brave and strong and thanks for posting this
Old 07-02-2013, 07:40 PM

Vanna is on a distinguished road
Wow, yes, I agree, you definitely have been through the ringer! I'm so happy to hear it was in situ and has not spread. You can call yourself a strong survivor! I'm so sorry to read about the loss of your son, life has for sure dealt you more blows that one should have to experience.

A year ago, I found a lump myself, in my areola, it's still there ( unchanged, I think, might even feel softer) but I just refuse to have it looked at. My last mammogram was 2007, it was all clear.

My reason to be this stubborn, is that a year prior to finding my lump, I underwent a huge and horrible ovarian cancer scare. All the tests, symptoms, even my rised tumor marker indicated ovarian cancer and I was forced to undergo surgery, biopsy and hysterectomy for a cost of 40K without any health insurance ( which is a story on it's own) It was such a horrible, horrible time in my life that left me paralyzed with fear of ever going to the doctor again.

Luckily, it turned out to be just a "stupid" cyst, totally benign, and I got to keep one of my ovaries so I didn't had to get thrown into acute menopause.
I was expected to feel grateful for all of this, when I was actually left feeling angry, bitter and in shock.

I KNOW what they would do, if I went to the Doc with this lump, and that is to cut me open, again, and I just refuse! Can't do it!

Trust me, I have been on the verge of insanity of worry over this lump, especially in the beginning. Also, two of my aunts have had BC, which of course makes me even more paranoid, but i just cant do it. I will never do another mammogram or even let any Doctor examine my breasts. But now, I hardly
think if it anymore. It is what it is...

Anyhow, enjoy your "new" breasts, I'm sure you look fabulous and your nipple tattoos will be the perfection.

Good luck with everything!

/Vanna
Old 07-06-2013, 12:51 AM

Time2swapup has room for improvement
Thank you for sharing your story! Far too often ladies blow off self-exams and mammograms because BC doesn't run in their family.

I know that Angelina Jolie's story was blasted everywhere but I just couldn't stop thinking that why weren't those outside of Hollywood featured? Let's face it Angelina has enough money to have had the best breast removal and reconstruction out there. Am I happy that she is cancer free? Of course, I am a woman and wouldn't wish that upon anyone. But does she leave me inspired? No! YOU do! Maybe you're filthy rich, maybe you're not. Yet here you are sharing your story with other women. Not in pre-screened and edited interview but raw, uncensored for others to relate to and learn from. For that I thank you and I hope that every woman who has come across your post does a more diligent job on self-exams and doesn't put off that mammogram appointment.

I have no words to comfort the loss of your son. I have friends who have lost parents, siblings, best friends, and other close knit family members but the one loss that I have seen hurt more than anything is the loss of a child. So here is big hug from Georgia and a prayer that your heart heals with each day.

Here's to your continued good health and being brave enough to share your story with others!
Old 07-27-2013, 05:34 AM

chubbs110970 is on a distinguished road
You've been through alot. My mom also had breast cancer twice. Had double mastectomy. They wouldn't even do my BA until I went and was cleared with a mammogram. Good luck to you.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:13 PM

JBOOBIE is on a distinguished road
I realize this is an older post, but thank you for sharing. I am going to have a bi-lateral mastectomy soon, am a natural 34DD, and outside of the most important and #1 desire, (ridding my body of cancer), I am concerned with my resulting breast size post reconstruction. I'm just not sure what an 800 cc silicone high profile implant will look like on me.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:23 PM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JBOOBIE View Post
I realize this is an older post, but thank you for sharing. I am going to have a bi-lateral mastectomy soon, am a natural 34DD, and outside of the most important and #1 desire, (ridding my body of cancer), I am concerned with my resulting breast size post reconstruction. I'm just not sure what an 800 cc silicone high profile implant will look like on me.
You should start a new thread. Most everyone that posted on this is no longer active. You'll get more feedback on a new thread.
Old 12-01-2016, 12:18 PM

Ella.bea is on a distinguished road

Bless your heart! ❤️❤️❤️
Reply Subscribe