Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Reconstruction

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Reconstruction If you're having breast reconstruction, please post your questions and experiences in this forum.

Like Tree85Likes

wanting new boobs saved my life

Reply Subscribe
Old 11-18-2013, 07:46 AM

Bostongrl44 is on a distinguished road
Jessica- Best of luck to you and your family. I am glad your PS was proactive and that you discovered this cancer while it was manageable. You are so brave to share your story. I will keep you in my thoughts!
Old 11-18-2013, 08:25 AM

newyearboobs will become famous soon enough
Major hugs to you. You will beat it!!! I'm so happy your surgeon sent you for a mammogram! Mine didn't but I took it upon myself to make sure I had healthy breasts before getting surgery and I set up the apt on my own.

And I often think the same thing about my choice to get implants. They caused me to finally go see my OBGYN and now I actually feel them regularly and I'd definitely know if I developed a lump these days (implant is under the muscle). As far as I'm concerned, they've made me more in tune with my body which is a GREAT thing for my health and well being.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:30 AM

Diditforme28 is on a distinguished road
Wow, you are so brave and so strong. Thank god they found it early. I am praying for you sweetie. Hugs!
Old 11-18-2013, 12:52 PM

july2013 will become famous soon enough july2013 will become famous soon enough
Wow. What an amazing story. I would totally make the same decision as you have - a bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction.

Best of luck to you, and I am so glad that you found out early. I hope there is no further involvement (lymph nodes, etc.) and that this is the beginning of your successful journey towards being cancer-free!
Old 11-18-2013, 12:59 PM
aja

aja is on a distinguished road
Hugs to you!!!

My sister beat stage 4 breast cancer. You are about to start a new journey. You will find out how really strong you are! Remember everything will be normal again, take each day as it comes, life does go on and is wonderful. Best wishes for a speedy recovery from your coming surgery!
Old 11-18-2013, 01:05 PM
WannaBigBoobies

SugarGrl is on a distinguished road
Bless your heart!! You can beat this; keep your chin up girl and lean on us when you need to!!
Old 11-18-2013, 01:14 PM

nursej0583 is on a distinguished road
I'm so sorry you're going through this. You and your family will be in my thoughts & prayers. Stay strong. *hugs*
Old 11-18-2013, 05:36 PM

Rdhmama is on a distinguished road
*Wow*

Great big hugs to you!
Thank you for sharing your story. Things wont be the same for you, but there are options, and like others have said, you get the gift of life. Your babies need you! Get healthy first, then take care of you and what you want.
We are here.
Please keep us posted in your progress.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:06 PM

joyful has a spectacular aura joyful has a spectacular aura joyful has a spectacular aura
Thank you for your courage in sharing your story. and, so very sorry that you have cancer.

all the very best to you. post as much as you need to because JBI women are very very kind.

blessings.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:19 PM

Swtblonde is on a distinguished road
Thank you for your story.

I'm so sorry you are going through this and send HUGE hugs from Canada.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:22 PM

chocaholic is on a distinguished road
thank you ladies so much!!! Now that I'm not so upset I can add some more info I wasn't thinking about at the time. The mammogram was a choice made by my PS that is routine for her and all patients no matter age or family history. No mammogram, no surgery. Glad that is her way of doing things! I have gotten genetics testing done, just waiting for results. I have talked to my PS and she has some good ideas as to what she can do. I'm not excited about loosing all feeling in my breasts but I don't get a choice so I will just have to deal with that. I will loose both my nipples so the last surgery will be to add them on how ever she does that then get them tattooed to be darker and get an areola tattooed on too. Right after the mastectomy my PS will add expanders under the muscle and we will do that for I think 6 months then do a surgery to take them out and add in the implant. In total about 9months due to healing time in between the surgeries. My PS said I could still have the size I was looking for but different shape and feel and overall outcome since it's reconstructive surgery. So if I can learn to love myself in the mirror no one else will ever know when I have a bra or swimsuit or shirt on....and I will have the bigger boobs I want! She did talk about Alloderm for "regenerative tissue matrix" to help thicken the skin wall and hold in the implant.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:41 PM

chocaholic is on a distinguished road
Can I just say you ladies are the best?!!!! Thank you so very much for all the kind words, thoughts, and prayers. The family and I have been drained of our positive energy so it is so nice to regain some from you ladies. So I have gone to see my PS and learned a little bit more. It looks like it will take about 9months until I'm all done with surgeries. someone asked about the mammogram...My PS won't do surgery without a mammogram 1st no matter age or family history. I have gone and done the genetics testing and just waiting for results. I'm not happy about loosing all feeling in my breasts but I don't have a choice so I will learn to deal with it. I will loose both my nipples and have surgery to add new ones on later and have them tattooed darker along with areolas. My PS will be using something called Alloderm "regenerative tissue matrix" to thicken the skin that is left behind and to help hold in the implant after the expanders come out. My PS said I could have the size I wanted to get originally but the look and feel will be different. So, for today, I'm hanging in there. Next step, picking a surgery date we can all be happy with.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:17 PM

Sratchet is on a distinguished road
I am so so sorry to hear about this happening to you! I had a scare when I was 21 that lead to many mammograms and such, thankfully it turned out to be nothing but it was definitely terrifying. Additionally, my ex boyfriend died earlier this summer after battling cancer for 5 years, so I've seen up close and personally what type of strength it takes to get through this, no matter what form or stage. You are an incredibly strong person and I am so glad that you caught it on time!!
Old 11-19-2013, 10:30 PM
BFH
My name is babyfromheaven and I am a bra-aholic.

BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by chocaholic View Post
I want to stomp my feet and cry and say no like a little girl but I have to do as I'm told and deal with all the emotional stuff when it's all over.
Do this. Do what you need to do to have an outlet. JBI does not currently have much for a breast reconstruction forum, but it is there. You can share as much or as little of your journey as you'd like. The ladies here will do our best to support you. You've already shown so much strength, let us do what we can to help when things feel hard. Please let us know what you need, what ever part of the process you are in.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:27 PM

JaDaisy is on a distinguished road
I am stunned and this brought tears to my eyes! You're so young! I am truly so sorry you are going thru this. Big hugs to you.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:15 AM

romeromel is on a distinguished road
I just got chills from reading your story, Bless your heart for sharing! Sending good vibes your way and praying that you come out of this with great results and as a stronger women, Please if you can, keep us posted because you will be in my thoughts! Easier said then done but lift your head up high and fight like the strong women you are to push through this!
Old 11-21-2013, 11:18 AM

BlondeQT is on a distinguished road
I'm so sorry you are going through this.

((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))
Old 11-30-2013, 10:41 PM

yalin is on a distinguished road
I am so sorry to hear this, but I wish you the best for a smooth recovery - I'm so glad that your prognosis is good. I have dealt with cancer before as well - for awhile I was so anxious about everything that I really couldn't think about anything else other than my cancer treatments - it can get better with time.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:57 PM

Mountain Momma is on a distinguished road
Big hugs! My mother-in-law has just finished her recovery from BC and reconstruction. She had a double mastectomy straight to implants. One implant, the non cancerous side, became infected and she had to have it taken out. After it healed she had to have expander and then final reconstruction. She said if she had to do it over she would have gone traditional route with expanders on both sides. She went a bigger size to keep nipples but doesn't think she should have. The hardest part for her is the loss of feeling but she loves her new boobs and is supporting me in getting implants. They had to use some amazing techniques because of her low fat and skin damage but they did a great job. Thank goodness for modern medicine and amazing surgeons! You will survive this and become even more beautiful! Stay strong, we are here for you!

chocaholic likes this.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:15 AM

Itsjustme13 is on a distinguished road
Million hugs and kisses to you. I'm sorry you went thru this but I am happy that you found out sooner. Hang in there. We are all here for you.
Reply Subscribe