Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Reconstruction

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Reconstruction If you're having breast reconstruction, please post your questions and experiences in this forum.

Like Tree85Likes

wanting new boobs saved my life

Reply Subscribe
Old 12-01-2013, 04:55 PM

YanniSo is on a distinguished road
Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I will pray for you and your family, and I'm not just saying it, I truly mean it.

I also want to tell you that you do not always have to hold it all together. You have the right to cry, stomp your feet and whatever you need to do in order to beat this. I'm sending tons of good thoughts for joy, strength and healing your way.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:03 PM

chocaholic is on a distinguished road
wow! Thank you all so very much! I got the docs to put off surgery until January 2nd at 1pm. Check in at 9am!! Gonna be a long wait! So far I know I will be having a bilateral mastectomy without nipple sparing to ensure all the cancer is out of the left breast. I will immediately have tissue expanders put in. A few months later we will put in the implants and then a month later add nipples that will later get tattooed to darken the nipple and add the areola. I still get to have the original size I wanted but I have 1 more appt with my PS to get all my questions answered. Since I won't have any tissue between the muscle and skin I'm thinking it will feel very obvious to my husband (I won't feel them anymore since the nerves will be removed too). I was wondering about how bad the rippling will look. If silicone or saline is better for a more natural feel or if it matters with so little to cover them up. And if round mod+ is still the way to go or if high profile tear drop shaped ones are better since I will lose my natural shape. Once I have those questions answered I wait until January 2nd. They are still waiting for the genetics results. The cancer is being fed by my estrogen and progesterone so they are thinking about Tamoxifen. My doc says with the aggressive surgery I shouldn't need it but with my age I should so she is looking into it more. So...that's the latest for now. The only things I'm worried about is the scaring and the lack of feeling but I know that I will get over both with time. At least it was caught early and I will live to be old and see my kids grow and have their own kids. God is good!
The Following User Says Thank You to chocaholic For This Useful Post:
BFH
Old 12-15-2013, 06:23 AM

SexiShan77 is on a distinguished road
Yes, you are very fortunate. Insurance won't pay for a mammogram until you're, unless there are factors that precipitate an earlier one, which is sad. It's not a 40+ woman's cancer! it is all women. We really have to proactive with our health, because insurance/government/greed is not. So happy this turned out to be one of the stories with a happier ending, especially for those 2 little ones you have. Best of luck and do keep us updated. Hugs!!!!
Old 01-03-2014, 07:59 PM

Home from surgery

Well, I had my bilateral mastectomy yesterday and I got home today. I will get to take the bandages off tomorrow and see the damage. I have 4 drainage tools in that will come out within the next 2 weeks. Pain isn't to bad, better than I expected.

Scorpia likes this.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:24 PM

juicy01 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by chocaholic View Post
Well, I had my bilateral mastectomy yesterday and I got home today. I will get to take the bandages off tomorrow and see the damage. I have 4 drainage tools in that will come out within the next 2 weeks. Pain isn't to bad, better than I expected.
Wow you've been through so much, I'm glad you're feeling good today. Take care, get enough rest & keep us updated on your progress. Xxx
Old 01-03-2014, 08:28 PM

2005wrangler is on a distinguished road
Thank you for sharing your story & experience. I hope you have a speedy recovery!
Old 01-03-2014, 08:57 PM
BFH
My name is babyfromheaven and I am a bra-aholic.

BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of
Thinking of you love. I hope you are testing and healing as well as possible. I know it's a hard time, but there is no way I can understand what you are going through. It must be so hard for you.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:51 PM

AlieCat is on a distinguished road
Good luck will keep you in my prayers!
Old 01-05-2014, 06:50 PM

fitnessmom76 will become famous soon enough
I truly admire your strength!! Wishing you a quick recovery!! <3

ps...I think I'm going to shut up about my "complications" for awhile now! Thank you for reminding me what's important.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:15 PM

Scorpia will become famous soon enough
Thanks for sharing. I hope everything goes well and that your recovery is merciful.I wouldn't want to emagine what it would be like to go thru what you are going thru. unfornatly this is very common for a lot of women.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:58 AM
New Boobs January 2014!!

reefybaby21 is on a distinguished road
Good Luck with your recovery!!

You've been through so much and still seem so upbeat and positive. An inspiration!
Wishing you a speedy recovery and luck with everything in the future!

BA is always seen as 'taboo' or frowned upon, but look at this, the 2nd case in two days ive heard of where it has actually saved someones life.

Good luck with everything!
xx

Scorpia likes this.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:12 AM

Eve13 is on a distinguished road
Thank God they found it. I'm so sorry you're going through something like this. Praying for you!
Old 01-12-2014, 12:16 PM
Lara Croft

MadisonM will become famous soon enough
I am just seeing your entire story. My prayers are with you and your family during your recovery. Stay positive but know we are here for you when you need to let your feelings out. Thank goodness this was caught and is being treated aggressively and early. Your family needs you and you will now be able to enjoy watching them grow and spread their own wings.

Don't be afraid of cosmetic tattooing either. My areolas are both cosmetically tattooed after complications from a surgery. No one has ever been able to tell they are not natural. I have public albums whenever you feel up to viewing.

Continued prayers..
Old 02-02-2014, 04:35 PM

4 weeks post-op

Well, it has been 4 weeks, almost 5 since my bilateral mastectomy. From all the stories I heard from all the people I talked to about their journey I'm so blessed in my walk. I have had an almost pain free recovery and feel like I'm almost back to normal. I got all 4 drains out within 10 days of surgery and rarely need any type of meds for pain. Usually reserved for hard physical therapy days. I will be starting the expansion process on 2-7-14 so we'll see how that feels, but I'm excited to finally start on the path to new curves!! My family, friends, and my church family have been a God-sent in my recovery process! Sleeping is still difficult but at least I can sleep in my own bed and not a recliner anymore! My surgery went perfect and the scars are smaller than I expected, very smooth, thin red lines that will lighten as time goes on. The sentinel node biopsy came back clean, hooray!! I don't need Tamoxifen, radiation, or chemo. The genetics test came back BRACA1 and BRACA2 negative!! they want to redo the test to look at P53 to make sure they didn't miss anything. In a few months I will have another surgery to remove the expanders and put in the implants. It may take a while since I only have 50cc right now and wanted 360cc under what God gave me. (Very small bumps right now! Not even big enough to be called breasts. Only skin and muscle over with no tissue in between. You should see the bumps and points from the hard expander! So very glad it's not the final result!!) 3 months after that I get to tattoo on my nipples and areolas and be done with my journey with breast cancer. All I can say is "God is so very good"
Old 02-05-2014, 03:16 PM

iloveteax is on a distinguished road
Wow, I just read all of this, and I must say you are one strong woman! I'm so happy to hear you're doing well. My prayers are going out to you!
Old 02-05-2014, 04:24 PM

boob1es4me is on a distinguished road
I am so sorry you are going through this and I wish you the best of luck and a positive attitude to help you through it all. I want to mention that although it's horrible if they take the nipple, they can make you a new one. My friend just got hers done and although it still has to heal I really think it's going to look good when it does and they've added the tattoo too.
Good luck and I wish you all they best. I will be sending you positive energy often in the days and months to come.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:08 PM

Dare2Compare is on a distinguished road
I have wanted breast augmentation since I was 12. Yep, 12. I started doing research when I turned 18 and decided to wait until I was done having kids before I got "new ones". Well, the day came for my 1st consultation in Feb. I scheduled my ba for Nov 13th. My ps was very thorough and wanted a mammogram as part of the pre-op work-up. I didn't think anything of it so it was literally the last thing on my list to do before my pre-op appt. I got the mammogram on Oct 21st. That let to a phone call a few days later asking me to come in for another mammogram. I had it the next day, the 29th, the same day as my pre-op appt. The second mammogram was done and before I left the doctors office they asked to do an ultrasound. That lead to the conclusion the doc wanted a biopsy. I went to my pre-op appt directly after that. The biopsy was done on Monday Nov 4th. the doc took 5, 1cm chunks via vacuum needle. The next day I missed a phone call from my ps but didn't think anything of it. She called me on Wed morning as I was driving to work. She asked me to pull over so I could take notes and write some names and numbers down of the doc she wanted me to see. She told me I have DCIS (ductal carcinmona in situ). That was Wed Nov 6th which happened to be my husband's birthday. I went to work after getting off the phone with her and told my boss what I found out and that I will be taking a leave of absence instead of my scheduled "vacation" to recover from surgery that was scheduled just 7 days later. From that point on everything has been moving pretty fast. I have seen 2 different surgeons, a medical oncologist, had an MRI, and worked on a treatment plan. I am still waiting on the genetics test results. The cancer that I have is estrogen and progesterone positive meaning my body feeds the cancer cells and tells them to make more. That means I will be on hormone therapy for a while too. I'm not sure how long though yet. That will be determined after surgery. My surgery was to be a single mastectomy but I am opting for a double, or bi-lateral, mastectomy. Being only 32 and with two young children (ages 5 and 7) I do not want to go through this again nor do I want the look of uneven breast. I go see my ps tomorrow for the 1st time since learning about the cancer and learning about reconstructive surgery. On Tues (or Mon afternoon) I will be scheduling my new surgery date to remove both breasts and hopefully do reconstructive surgery at the same time. I hope they can save my nipple on the left side where the cancer is but that is yet to be determined. They will only know that when we are in surgery. I have been handling it pretty well until today. Today is my first day of crying about it. Now that I have learned about what will happen and talked to others who have gone through it and seem before and after pics I don't want to go through this. I want to stomp my feet and cry and say no like a little girl but I have to do as I'm told and deal with all the emotional stuff when it's all over. Anyway, just wanted to share my story. and to tell everyone, no matter your age...PLEASE get a mammogram! Thanks for reading. -Jessica
OMG I'm so sorry you are having to go through that. I want to thank you so much for being strong and brave enough to share your story with us. You and your family are in my prayers. I praying on nothing but the best outcome for you.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:07 AM

getterdone is on a distinguished road
As hard as this journey must be/have been for you, you sound like you're doing amazingly well...only given what you could handle Also, congrats on the results coming back clean, it must feel amazing that you're on your road to being healthy and getting curves!!
Old 02-10-2014, 09:54 AM

lgm_24 is on a distinguished road
Your story definitely has made me happy that I decided to go see a PS when I did, which was only last Tuesday.

However with saying that, at my first consult my PS found something close to my chest wall on my left breast that is painful to the touch and suggested that I get a mammogram before we go any further with implants.
Being that I am only 23 I would have never NEVER thought that I should get a mammogram or check up or anything, I have self-tested before but honestly didnít know what lumps should be there or what foreign ones should even feel like.
Now that I have to try and schedule a diagnostic mammogram getting someone to help me seems like pulling teeth!!
I donít know if you went through this same issue but I have to have a referral to get a test done and it seems like my PS doesnít even want to call me back! I have an appt with a regular doctor to get a referral today however I feel very discouraged by the lack of persistence from my hopeful PS. I have a feeling now that I should go see someone else after I get tested for the mammogram.

Not to mention what steps should I even think of taking, in the case that something negative be found.

I want to tell you that I personally am very proud of how well you seem to be handling something like this ESPECIALLY since you are only in your 30s!!

I am glad to think that I can find or even give support to those who have issues that looks like I might be having as well since I donít know anything other than he found a lump that needs to be checked on.

I am definitely sending positive vibes your way!!
Old 03-16-2014, 11:49 AM

mentorbumps is on a distinguished road
Chocaholic,
Sorry about what you're going through. I'll pray that all goes well for you and your family. Keep us posted. Look up for your strength.:
Reply Subscribe