Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Reconstruction

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Reconstruction If you're having breast reconstruction, please post your questions and experiences in this forum.

Like Tree85Likes

wanting new boobs saved my life

Reply Subscribe
Old 03-24-2014, 01:43 AM

olymoly is on a distinguished road
Hi,

I have only just found your post. Thank you for sharing your story.

I can completely relate to you, although my case is different. I have a multiple fibroadenomas in both breasts. It is fairly common to have 3-4, I have over 20 Also I have no healthy tissue in my breasts and keep on getting more lumps. I have seen many oncology surgeon before was told the best solution is to undergo double prophylactic mastectomy (scheduled for 4-4).
So far all biopsies taken were clear, however the last scan I had showed one lump that doesn't look too good. As the surgery is soon, doctors decided to test tissue post mastectomy and give treatment accordingly, if needed.

I have a strong family history with cancer and have been referred to have BRAC1 and 2 test done. As the cost of mastectomy and reconstruction is already very high, I have decided not to have the genetic test done. It all happened in just under one year and started with one lump near nipple (just like in your case). First scan showed 6, then it was just out of control.

I have now a week and a half until op and am really looking forward to it. I found it very helpful to think about it as a straightforward BA, I am less anxious and actually getting excited.

I hope you keep on recovering well. Would like to stay in touch with you to share experience.

Best wishes xx
Old 03-24-2014, 07:48 PM

Momma2four2012 is on a distinguished road
Praying for you and your family! Hugs
Old 03-29-2014, 12:52 PM

chocaholic is on a distinguished road
Wow ladies! Thanks for the support and glad I can be helping some of you. Sorry I haven't been on here in a while. I have a doc apt once a week and a physical therapy apt once a week and the random medical or surgical oncologist apt mixed in. I have finally finished the expansion process and got to 300cc before my skin got to thin to go any further. My next surgery date is for 4-10-14 to take the expanders out and put in silicone implants. I will be talking to my PS on Mon about high profile since I like my new shape (kind of) and would like it to be close to the same. The physical healing process is going very well. I even got to be a model for Legacy hospital BRAVE Day on 3-20-14! It was a blast! The mental part of the healing process is slow going. I'm thinking it will help a lot once I get the nipples and areolas tattooed on 4months after surgery. It's hard to describe what I currently look like under the clothing. With clothes on I just look like I need to nurse! The expanders are rock hard softballs stuck on to my body. Not a great look when the clothes come off. Then to only have red scar lines across them and not nipples it looks odd. I'm hoping the implants will help in the shape and give them a little bit of sag and movement and more life like. I like the projection but not the extreme hardness and non movement I currently have.

a side note: if you have not gotten a mammogram please look into getting one this year. Since I got diagnosed 2 of my friends (age 24 and 33) got mammograms and were diagnosed with breast cancer. Stage 1 and stage 2 and they both need chemo. The younger girl became pregnant since her bilateral mastectomy so chemo will wait a while. But man, we are getting so young for breast cancer and the need for bilateral mastectomies!
The Following User Says Thank You to chocaholic For This Useful Post:
BFH
Old 03-29-2014, 04:15 PM

Moly370 has a spectacular aura Moly370 has a spectacular aura
Believe!

Wow, you are very blessed to have caught this before it got any worse. It may not feel like it now and none of us who have never been through it cannot know truly what emotions you are going through. But I honestly believe if you go in with a positive attitude and a great support system you will come out a better person for your family. Many tough days ahead but the fact that you will definately be there to raise your children is something to be thankful for. Take care and believe, it will get better and easier each day !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (75.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 08-19-2014, 06:22 PM

Meechy112 is an unknown quantity at this point
I loved this story, I'm so glad they found it and I pray you continue down the road cancer free! I see so many young women with horrible aggressive cancer that's spread throughout the body and it's really upsetting to watch young women you can relate to face such a scary thing. Please continue to get checked for other cancer that affect young women. I'm not sure if you've been on lately but please update! Also just wondering, I've heard that the implants can feel like ice packs without the fatty breast tissue around, what is your experience with them? I had a professor that said every time the weather changes her saline goes to different portions of the implant. Thanks for sharing your story I hope it inspires everyone to get their mammos or do their self breast exams
Old 08-31-2014, 09:58 PM

heartsalchemy is on a distinguished road
You are so amazing and brave. Thanks for sharing your story. I can't imagine having this happen and how it must have changed your life. I'm so glad your doc caught this.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:27 AM

KateMe is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by chocaholic View Post
Wow ladies! Thanks for the support and glad I can be helping some of you. Sorry I haven't been on here in a while. I have a doc apt once a week and a physical therapy apt once a week and the random medical or surgical oncologist apt mixed in. I have finally finished the expansion process and got to 300cc before my skin got to thin to go any further. My next surgery date is for 4-10-14 to take the expanders out and put in silicone implants. I will be talking to my PS on Mon about high profile since I like my new shape (kind of) and would like it to be close to the same. The physical healing process is going very well. I even got to be a model for Legacy hospital BRAVE Day on 3-20-14! It was a blast! The mental part of the healing process is slow going. I'm thinking it will help a lot once I get the nipples and areolas tattooed on 4months after surgery. It's hard to describe what I currently look like under the clothing. With clothes on I just look like I need to nurse! The expanders are rock hard softballs stuck on to my body. Not a great look when the clothes come off. Then to only have red scar lines across them and not nipples it looks odd. I'm hoping the implants will help in the shape and give them a little bit of sag and movement and more life like. I like the projection but not the extreme hardness and non movement I currently have.

a side note: if you have not gotten a mammogram please look into getting one this year. Since I got diagnosed 2 of my friends (age 24 and 33) got mammograms and were diagnosed with breast cancer. Stage 1 and stage 2 and they both need chemo. The younger girl became pregnant since her bilateral mastectomy so chemo will wait a while. But man, we are getting so young for breast cancer and the need for bilateral mastectomies!

I am praying for you and your family and I wish you all the best, I am thinking about you. God Bless you!
Reply Subscribe