Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Reconstruction

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Reconstruction If you're having breast reconstruction, please post your questions and experiences in this forum.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MidwestHopeful

Non surgical breast reconstruction (fat transfer)

Old 11-30-2013, 09:45 PM

yalin is on a distinguished road
Non surgical breast reconstruction (fat transfer)

I'm just wondering if anybody has experiences with this - it seems like some doctors in Miami are the experts (not affiliated) - http://www.miamibreastcenter.com/rec...stectomy-miami

It just seems like it is a breakthrough in breast reconstruction post mastectomy, especially with regards to sensation in the new breasts post reconstruction.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:19 PM

MidwestHopeful is on a distinguished road
Hi! I can't speak from personal experience but before I came here I had decided on fat transfer to fix my tuberous breasts. I was dead set on Dr. Khouri! There is an entire forum dedicated to women who had reconstruction done by him. He really does seem to be THE surgeon to use if you are in the US. He pioneered the technique using BRAVA. I wish I could help more, good luck!
Old 12-01-2013, 06:01 PM

yalin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MidwestHopeful View Post
Hi! I can't speak from personal experience but before I came here I had decided on fat transfer to fix my tuberous breasts. I was dead set on Dr. Khouri! There is an entire forum dedicated to women who had reconstruction done by him. He really does seem to be THE surgeon to use if you are in the US. He pioneered the technique using BRAVA. I wish I could help more, good luck!
Wow - thanks for the info!! Did you ultimately go with the fat transfer reconstruction?

ETA: just so I'm not unclear, I'm interested in the fat transfer personally for augmentation, not reconstruction - but I posted in the reconstruction forum as well just because I thought it was useful info for people here!
Old 12-01-2013, 07:13 PM

MidwestHopeful is on a distinguished road
Sorry, I probably wasn't very clear with my last post! I had my heart set on fat grafting but this last month shifted gears and think I am going to go the implant route, instead. I was quoted $10,000 for the first procedure (which wouldn't have included travel and airfare for me) so for the first procedure I was looking at around $12,000 and fat grafting typically requires more than one to achieve good symmetry. A couple of other things I took into account: Dr. Khouri uses the BRAVA bra which requires a pretty substantial time commitment before and I think after surgery. I also took into account my increased risk of breast cancer because of significant asymmetry and the potential for calcifications which would require a biopsy. Honestly, I still am not 100% decided either way but I think for us right now, implants make more sense. Because they are less expensive, I can get them sooner. I hate to be the person who makes a decision because I will get it sooner, but my tuberous breasts weigh heavily on me and I am ready to feel normal. I think if you have the time and money it is a really amazing way to improve bust size naturally. As a side note, I think the most you can expect to get is a cup size of growth with the fat transfer.

Are you just wanting a modest size increase? Are you still considering implants?

anna1954 likes this.