Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Reconstruction

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Reconstruction If you're having breast reconstruction, please post your questions and experiences in this forum.

Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By betty3
  • 2 Post By futurestar1
  • 4 Post By FitnessJunkie
  • 3 Post By FitnessJunkie
  • 1 Post By iloveteax
  • 1 Post By Yogalover

Ready... set... umm, wait no??

Old 01-05-2014, 03:26 PM

betty3 is on a distinguished road
Ready... set... umm, wait no??

Hello ladies! I am new to the forums, scheduled to have breast augmentation in about 15 days. I have been wanting to get this done for quite some time & have actually been in the doctors office and left twice. This time I have already paid & now it is just a waiting game.
HOWEVER, I would like to ask the general consensus of does anyone regret having implants placed? I have tuberous, small breasts ( A cup ). I chose 421cc Allergen implants. I truly believe it will make me feel better about myself. I know that sounds bad but besides my breasts I am completely confident. My husband says I don't need them but he supports whatever I do. My own mother has called me "vain" for wanting them. Ultimately, I could care less what anyone else thinks as long as they make me feel better about myself, my breasts. I want to feel like a woman and be comfortable nude. Has anyone else had a similar experience and do you regret getting your augmentation? All opinions are appreciated. Thank you for reading. <3
EDIT: I would also like to add that my surgeon seems very knowledgeable and has decided to place the bottom half of the implant under the muscle and the upper portion above to create a better more natural look due to the fact that I have very little breast tissue below my nipple.

TexasHulaGirl and anna1954 like this.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:39 PM
Loving my ladies!!!

futurestar1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I was also an a/b cup with tuberous breasts and I have never once regretted getting implants. I occasionally wish I went smaller but never that I didn't have them. I am sooooooo much more confident about my body now. I spent years not knowing that what I had was a breast deformity. I just thought I had "ugly" breasts. I now love them. They balance out my tall curvy figure so much better than before. Don't let anyone stop you from getting them if they are what you really want. In the end, you will be the one every day who either loves your new body or is unhappy allowing someone else to dictate your happiness on a matter that should be of no concern to them. Best of luck to you Hun

anna1954 and Countdown4ba like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to futurestar1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2014, 04:00 PM

FitnessJunkie is on a distinguished road
My only regret is waiting so long to do it! My DH was like yours; didn't think I needed them, but told me for years to do what I wanted. I live in tight workout clothes & finally got tired of being so flat. Make sure you're 100% ready, as a positive attitude will be key in your recovery. And also VERY important to remember: this whole "BA thing", is a process. I'm so thankful for JBI, because I would've freaked out over every "ooh & ahh", had I not had the advice of the ladies on here. Good luck!!

The Following User Says Thank You to FitnessJunkie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2014, 04:31 PM

betty3 is on a distinguished road
Futurestar1: Thank you for your reply. I am glad to know that you have the same style breast that I do and you are pleased with your results. Your pictures look great. I am also 5'9 160lbs. Very tall but active and would say I have an athletic body type. I really appreciate your input & value your opinion. I will try my best not to let others dictate my decisions.

FitnessJunkie: Thank you! I enjoy working out as well. I am in the gym everyday. On other sites I have seen where some women have experienced pain while working out due to the implants and had them removed because they were so bothersome. Do you have these same issues?
I really think that a positive attitude is key, as well. I am ready to do this.. I know that I won't be happy until I do. I just wanted some advice. I hope it is normal to be this nervous!!
Old 01-05-2014, 05:05 PM

FitnessJunkie is on a distinguished road
Other than just the recovery process & having to ease back into workouts, I haven't had any problems. I lift heavy, do HIIT workouts, sprint intervals, plyo's, etc., no problems. Granted, I eased back into those things & there are still a couple things, like tricep dips & hanging abs that I still can't do without pulling at the incision site, but I know with time it will come back. I don't work chest anymore, but that's ok, I'm not training for anything & I don't want to cause lateral displacement by working it; besides, I get enough chest indirectly to satisfy me.

anna1954, betty3 and getterdone like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to FitnessJunkie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 07:40 AM

anna1954 is on a distinguished road
me too

I am feeling super anxious, but I will go through with it. Just wish I didn't have to, I have tuberous breasts too. Im worried about all the complications, I know thousands of women have implants and no problems so Im hoping that will be me. I have literally been reading blogs/ forums about this for 15 years and I will tell you one common issue. A huge majority of the problems I read about are from girls with larger implants. So for me, no boob greed, I will be thoroughly banging it home to my surgeon to use only enough implant to fix the deformity. So Im hoping for less than 300cc Personally I would reconsider your decision to have 400cc plus. I am 5ft tall and weigh 109lbs so want to stay small.

A few years ago I lived in California, so many girlfriends had BA. All the ones who needed revisions, got capsular contracture, had problems with theway they looked were the girls with 700cc plus.

I really think the body accepts smaller implants better.

I wish you lots of luck, keep us updated xxxxxxxx
Old 01-31-2014, 04:53 PM

iloveteax is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by anna1954 View Post
I am feeling super anxious, but I will go through with it. Just wish I didn't have to, I have tuberous breasts too. Im worried about all the complications, I know thousands of women have implants and no problems so Im hoping that will be me.
Saaame here! Just please, let me be one of the ones whose results look wonderful! I've been keeping myself away from all of the horror stories so I don't psych myself out. I'm naturally an anxious person, so it's easy for me to start obsessing about the "what ifs." My breasts look pretty bad as it is, though (loose skin due to losing 70+ lbs), so unless I face some sort of complication or the surgeon is just terrible, odds are high that whatever results I end up with will look better than what I currently have.

anna1954 likes this.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:33 AM

Yogalover is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FitnessJunkie View Post
Other than just the recovery process & having to ease back into workouts, I haven't had any problems. I lift heavy, do HIIT workouts, sprint intervals, plyo's, etc., no problems. Granted, I eased back into those things & there are still a couple things, like tricep dips & hanging abs that I still can't do without pulling at the incision site, but I know with time it will come back. I don't work chest anymore, but that's ok, I'm not training for anything & I don't want to cause lateral displacement by working it; besides, I get enough chest indirectly to satisfy me.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU! This is the most helpful and reassuring thing fitness-wise that I have read from someone who obviously prioritizes being able to move and train but also has unders. I've talked to so much people who reassure me about the overall impact on my training, but they either have overs and have no issues training or have unders and have never really trained. So happy I found this thread!

FitnessJunkie likes this.