Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Reconstruction

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Reconstruction If you're having breast reconstruction, please post your questions and experiences in this forum.

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By CupANoWay
  • 2 Post By CupANoWay
  • 1 Post By misskyagirl
  • 1 Post By CupANoWay
  • 1 Post By misskyagirl
  • 1 Post By CupANoWay

So Irritated!!

Old 01-09-2014, 04:46 PM

CupANoWay is on a distinguished road
So Irritated!!

Okay so I've posted a little bit about my issues with thick, ugly areola scars and have finally talked over the phone with my ps. He was so dismissive! He went on to explain that a revision might not be worth it and might even make things WORSE. Now he was the one who talked me into this crap incision site in the first place - I wanted crease, but he reassured me that this was the best way to go. Then at my 6 month mark when it was clear that my scars were awful he made it sound like no biggie - we'd check it out in a year and do a quick easy revision if necessary then. Now he's making it sound like this big deal that may not even work. I knew I'd have scars, and I realize that every procedure carries risk, I just feel like it would have been great if he had laid out potential risks/complications beforehand. Now I feel like I'm being difficult - I've called and emailed this guy less than 6 times including to set up the original app and ba. Sorry for the rant. I'm just now sort of facing the idea that my nipples might look like this forever. I know it could be so so much worse, but I'm bummed about it.

misskyagirl likes this.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:00 PM

misskyagirl is on a distinguished road
I wish I could say something to help.....that is terrible. I would be wanting to scream myself! I don't understand why he can't fix it??? Hugs!
The Following User Says Thank You to misskyagirl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2014, 05:04 PM

Thank you so much - honestly this is the first time in this whole process that I've just wanted to cry my head off. I've been so positive and pretty much just avoided looking at them or thinking about it, now that I'm addressing it I really needed him to take me seriously. I also needed a bit more hope, you know? Oh well, he sounded sick so I should probably throw him a bone. Oh wait, I threw him over 7 grand. Poopyhead doctor, fix this now!! Okay tantrum over

misskyagirl and TEDDYv like this.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:09 PM

You are hilarious!! Made me laugh out loud!! If I was you I would ask one of the surgeons on here...send them a photo and see what they say about it!

I just read your post again and laughed out loud again..sorry...to funny!!!

Even if your PS is sick you should not feel pushed aside...you paid a lot of money for your new boobs!! You have a right to be upset...those are your boobs forever!! I really think that you should try one of the surgeons on here...just send them photos and see what they say!! Hugs!

CupANoWay likes this.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:13 PM

Excellent idea! I just read a post from Princess_Daphie about how she did that and talked to her own ps armed with the solid advice from one of the docs on here - it straightened him right up, from what it sounded like! Thank you for the good advice and more importantly for laughing at my goofy a$$!! Always makes me feel better when I'm not the only one who thinks I'm funny

misskyagirl likes this.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:16 PM

I have to admit that I also use the poopyhead comment in my life..and my nephew uses it often too! Keep me posted if you could...I would be curious as to what another PS would say! Also...I am going to send you an FR if that is okay with you!

CupANoWay likes this.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:17 PM

You're on, sister!

misskyagirl likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to CupANoWay For This Useful Post: