Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Reconstruction

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Reconstruction If you're having breast reconstruction, please post your questions and experiences in this forum.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dex
  • 1 Post By Snugg-uk

Question about downsizing surgery

Old 02-28-2014, 08:08 AM
dex

dex is an unknown quantity at this point
Question about downsizing surgery

I haven't spoken to my PS yet but does anyone know what my chances are of exchanging my 650's for 500cc's under local anesthesia only.
I don't want to be put out again and go through all of that pre-op crap. I'm guessing that with the pocket already made, I should be ok to go through this revision without being knocked out. I'm almost 6 months post op now.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:12 AM

Dizzysnooker will become famous soon enough
When I had my surgery to fix my bottomed out right implant I just did it with a local anesthesia. He gave me a Xanax to relax me one hour before. He removed the implant, sutured the pocket, replaced the implant and closed the incision. I imagine downsizing would not be that much different than what I had done. It was not that bad and when I felt any thing he just gave me more local. I definitely think it is totally doable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dizzysnooker For This Useful Post:
dex
Old 02-28-2014, 08:39 AM

Greekgirl70 is on a distinguished road
Ive done it. Totally easy. Shot of Demerol. Wide awake but loopy. Went from 425 to 300's years ago. Got up and walked out after, took a nap and was 90% by dinner. Only took a day or two to be 100%. I would do that again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greekgirl70 For This Useful Post:
dex
Old 02-28-2014, 10:54 AM
dex

Originally Posted by Greekgirl70 View Post
Ive done it. Totally easy. Shot of Demerol. Wide awake but loopy. Went from 425 to 300's years ago. Got up and walked out after, took a nap and was 90% by dinner. Only took a day or two to be 100%. I would do that again.
Were you able to drive home?
Old 03-01-2014, 09:20 AM

Greekgirl70 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dex View Post
Were you able to drive home?
No. Still loopy. I was able to drive the next day though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greekgirl70 For This Useful Post:
dex
Old 03-04-2014, 05:01 PM

bf_mama is on a distinguished road
I will be downsizing in April under local. I'm nervous about it, but the Dr. assured me it would be fine and that I would be perfectly comfortable. I like idea only because my Dr. mentioned he would let me see the sizers in me and then I could make my decision while on the operating table.....Yikes! Still anxious though and I'm hoping I'm still lucid enough to make the best decision....,.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:01 AM
dex

Update

Update
I went for my six month check up and asked the nurse about downsizing. She said that according to my BWD I couldn't go smaller because if I did my boobs might end up looking like a 'ball in a sock'. She said I had too much excess skin before my BA from being a D cup during pregnancy and when I had gained weight years later. That's why the PS suggested 650cc would fill up all of the loose skin and not get that effect she said may occur if I downsized.
So, it seems I will just have to get used to my bigger than expected new boobies and suck it up.
Hmmmm, now to decide how to spend the money I had saved for the revision! I think I will renovate my ensuite washroom. Get rid of the bathtub and get a nice big shower only installed.
Yes, I think that will be my next project.

annabellanguyen likes this.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:00 PM
3rd time lucky!

Snugg-uk is on a distinguished road
Hope you are happy with this and get used to them.They look awesome

dex likes this.