Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Reconstruction

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Reconstruction If you're having breast reconstruction, please post your questions and experiences in this forum.

Like Tree11Likes
  • 4 Post By Rainbow_Cat
  • 3 Post By INOGirl
  • 3 Post By AussieGal80
  • 1 Post By TaraJean

3 days to decide on a discounted augmentation!

Old 04-25-2014, 08:57 AM

Sara Lina is on a distinguished road
3 days to decide on a discounted augmentation!

I've just come back from the clinic for the first time. Based on my height of 5'5", petite hour-glass figure, and mildly tuberous breasts which are measured 32/34A; my potential surgeon had me try a pair of M+ 225cc, 250cc, and 275cc implants from Mentor, as I wanted to increase my bust size and improve their shape, while keeping the look natural.

All in all, the ones which were 250cc seemed to fit my body best in terms of proportion. 225cc was a bit too small for my liking. I have mixed feelings about the 275cc implants; although bigger is better, I don't want to have boobs that look way too big to be natural on my body. The reason why I am a bit careful about this, is that mom has implants which seem too big for her rib cage and frame, and I managed to guess they weren't real before she told me.

Upon getting home, I began to do some research about the implant brand and size recommended by the surgeon, and looked up some before and after pictures. The average results with 250cc implants would bring me up to a large B cup based on what I have to begin with, although my goal is to boost my bust size to a C or D cup. I would really like having larger breasts that still look natural, but on the other hand I don't feel completely satisfied with the idea of 250cc implants, because I feel like they won't be big enough.

Of course changing my mind on size is as easy as coming back to the same clinic, but as I continued researching, I suddenly remembered stumbling on a website with special offers on surgeries in Denmark. I tried to find it again, and found that there was a deal for a surgery that was 14% off. Being the poor and currently jobless university student that I am, this deal sounds pretty catchy. It is quite far away from where I am staying, however it is definitely much cheaper than the options I am seeing everywhere else in the country.

I will be taking a loan with 4% annual interest to fulfill my wish for bigger boobies.

Someone please tell me if paying for these would be worth it, if I would have to take a loan in order to get;

A reservation fee costing 800kr ($148)
Two-way travel tickets costing 824kr ($153)
The consultation, operation, round implants from Eurosilicone, support bra, and capsule insurance for 3 years - all in a package costing 24,100kr ($3,967)

The average price for breast reconstruction in Denmark ranges from 30,000 to 40,000kr ($5,564 to $7,417).

On the page of the offer, there is a phone number, address, surgeon name, and official website for the hospital. For some reason, I cannot find any before and after pictures, so I'm a tad bit skeptical - but this offer all in all seems too good for me to pass. The offer expires in 3 days, so I basically have that long to think and calculate.

Ladies, what would you do if you were in my shoes?
Old 04-25-2014, 03:20 PM

Rainbow_Cat will become famous soon enough Rainbow_Cat will become famous soon enough
I know saving money seems like a great idea but I would be wary, especially if you cannot find any before and after photos.

Are there any reviews you can find about him or even the practice in general? Although lots of people get BA's nowadays this is still a pretty serious surgery and you wouldn't want just anyone to do it.

I have been researching enough and been spooked by enough stories of terrible results from rushing into these things that I think it would be worth spending a little more money and feeling 100% confident.

I wouldn't even think to go to a laser hair removal place that does Groupons in the states because I just assume that means the facility isn't good enough to attract clients based on skill , just on price.

So yeah, ultimately I would be very very careful going forward with this discounted surgeon.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:24 PM

INOGirl is on a distinguished road
WHY is it discounted? This sounds suspicious to me.... You don't want to risk your body, or the money! You could pay this discounted price, get a botch job and then spend so much more for a revision from a 'regular' surgeon! Scary stuff!

Itsjustme13, TaraJean and kpasta like this.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:44 PM

AussieGal80 is on a distinguished road
I'd be very careful with a surgeon offering a discounted rate as I would think any good surgeon doesn't need to do that. In the long run I think it's much safer spend a little more and go with someone you know will do a good job. The trauma and pain of fixing mistakes is just not worth it.
As for size if you're looking at the difference of 25cc I'd go the bigger as it's only really a small difference in size.
Good luck!

olymoly, Rainbow_Cat and kpasta like this.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:46 AM

Sara Lina is on a distinguished road
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post!

I've done plenty of research, first on the clinic, and then the surgeon (Troels M. Tei). Still could not find any before and after pictures from him or the clinic. What made me even more skeptical was that all the reviews were really mixed. Most women payed the first 800kr, and decided to drop out of the operation. One woman spoke well of him, on the behalf of two friends that have gotten him to do the surgery. Another, whom has had a bad case of breast asymmetry, has ended up with a horrible result, and an equally discomforting experience. The doctor apparently made a black joke right before the surgery as well, which I find unprofessional - "I'm going to be making ugly breasts today" is not the kind of thing I'd like to hear, right before I pass out from the anesthesia.

Going for the deal would have been like playing Russian Roulette, in the sense that I wouldn't truly know what I'd be getting at the end of it. I'm not so keen on playing the wait and maybe get disappointed game, thank you very much - and I'd much rather spend the extra bucks on a job that I have confidence in being well done.

On another note, this "promo" has run through two cycles since I've posted this up so I never had to really rush in the first place. :S
Old 05-01-2014, 10:15 AM

olymoly is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by AussieGal80 View Post
I'd be very careful with a surgeon offering a discounted rate as I would think any good surgeon doesn't need to do that. In the long run I think it's much safer spend a little more and go with someone you know will do a good job. The trauma and pain of fixing mistakes is just not worth it.
As for size if you're looking at the difference of 25cc I'd go the bigger as it's only really a small difference in size.
Good luck!
I completely agree. A good surgeon doesn't need to reduce the price, also any surgeon proud of his/hers results would definitely put before and after photos for potential clients to see. Better to pay more in first place and go with experienced and checked surgeon

Good luck x
Old 05-01-2014, 10:38 AM
kpasta

kpasta is on a distinguished road
Personally I would be weary of someone offering a discount for something that is going to be altering my body, if they had a portfolio of happy clients then I would possibly consider it, have you emailed or spoken with them to see what before/after work they have done?
Old 05-01-2014, 10:44 AM

Dadabos is on a distinguished road
Be very carefull with that stuff. After all its your body and you want to make sure you get the best. It is an investment. Good luck!
Old 05-01-2014, 09:33 PM

fire.and.ice is on a distinguished road
Always go slightly bigger! You won't be disappointed. I went 250 the first time and I felt the same as before, wore the same bras even. I'm 5'7", 140 lbs. I got 350 for my revision and it is much better.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:47 PM

TaraJean is on a distinguished road
I just don't feel like "discount" and "surgery" should ever be in the same sentence. I agree—a good surgeon should never need to offer a discount. I'd definitely steer clear!

Good luck!!

Houstonmom likes this.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:41 PM

Houstonmom is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TaraJean View Post
I just don't feel like "discount" and "surgery" should ever be in the same sentence. I agree—a good surgeon should never need to offer a discount. I'd definitely steer clear!

Good luck!!

I agree. Similar to discounted LASIK eye surgery. I would just wait till you can find a doctor with a more solid reputation.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:15 AM
It's finally done! :D

Launi is on a distinguished road
Hi saralina, some surgeons offer payment plans. Maybe if you looked around and found one you really liked the results of you may be able to make affordable monthly repayments. I haven't done it this way myself, I saved for a solid 8-9 months, literally working an going home, no new anything.. It was crappy, not going lie but a "weight off the chest" not worrying about a loan. Got myself into a little trouble with that when I was 18 and don't wanna go back there! Second thing is research until you're sick! Lol there's too many bad stories out there, and with it being your first BA you're naturally going to have a lot of concerns. But plan it well and you should be happy hope this helps x
Old 09-09-2014, 11:53 AM
On Wednesdays we wear pink

SuperBoob is on a distinguished road
With no before and after pictures, especially ones of tuberous breasts in your case, I personally wouldn't do it.