Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Reconstruction

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Reconstruction If you're having breast reconstruction, please post your questions and experiences in this forum.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By lol1337a
  • 1 Post By Daisy01
  • 2 Post By sunshine2014
  • 1 Post By reddnecked

Two different textured Implants?

Old 07-20-2014, 06:47 PM

sunshine2014 is on a distinguished road
Two different textured Implants?

Hello wonderful ladies,
I am new to this site so please excuse me if i'm not posting this correctly.
I had my Pre-op appointment and I felt very pleased with my surgeon and what she was recommending for my body. She pointed out I was slightly asymmetrical and would like to use one textured implant and one smooth. She explained to me that this was simply because of the size difference. I was slightly hesitant with this decision because I didn't think I was that asymmetrical. I also didn't know if they would feel the same, or even drop the same. She also assured me that she would bring a pair of both smooth and textured into to operating room and would use whichever looked best if she didn't like the results of one smooth and one textured. I trust her and believe that she will help me achieve the best look.
However, after doing more research I have discovered that textured implants sometimes don't drop the same and some doctors don't recommend messaging them.
Has anyone else had this done? or does anyone have any advice? I am getting increasingly more anxious the more I learn how different smooth and textured implants are.

Sorry for my rambling!
Old 07-20-2014, 07:17 PM

lol1337a is on a distinguished road
Did she give any more details about what this would do for you? It sounds strange to me. From what I've heard it sounds like you might have issues when you're not standing up because smooth implants fall to the side while textured's usually don't.

sunshine2014 likes this.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:49 PM

Daisy01 is on a distinguished road
From what I have read the smooth usually drops to the side when laying down as the textured doesn't. I think a second opinion would help to reassure you .

sunshine2014 likes this.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:54 PM

The only thing she said about it was that the difference in my breasts where so minimal that she would prefer using one smooth and one textured. Because the texture would add a very slight amount of volume. I asked her if they would feel different and she said no. However the more research i'm doing the more different they seem and the more unsure about it I am.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:57 PM

I have an up-date!
Thank you guys for advising me to look further into it. It seems that I had a "blonde" moment or a serious misunderstanding in my Pre-Op. I was convinced she had told me one smooth and one textured, but she meant both textured at different CC's because she preferred the minimal difference in size. I'm so much more relieved now that it's all cleared up! ( I thought my boobs where gonna be freaky! not okay :P )
Sorry for the misunderstanding everyone, but i wouldn't have double checked on my own because I was convinced I knew what she meant. So once again thanks!

TEDDYv and azmomof4 like this.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:33 PM

TEDDYv is on a distinguished road
My textured aren't dropping well.. They still aren't filling out lower pole as well but they look good but no idea about how one of each would do.. But I like mine lots!
Old 07-29-2014, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by TEDDYv View Post
My textured aren't dropping well.. They still aren't filling out lower pole as well but they look good but no idea about how one of each would do.. But I like mine lots!
Sorry I didn't see this comment till now! I have a theory that textured implants might take a while longer than smooth to drop. Simply because they "stick" to the muscles more, I could be wrong though. I'm sure they drop and the lower poll will fill I'm sure one of each would be really weird and that's why I was panicking. But turns out i seriously misunderstood and I am indeed getting a pair of textured boobs
Old 07-29-2014, 03:15 AM

nikstar will become famous soon enough
My understanding is that textured don't drop at all because of the fact that they adhere to the breast tissue. Usually they have to be place in the exact spot they need to be during surgery.
The Following User Says Thank You to nikstar For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2014, 02:14 PM

reddnecked will become famous soon enough reddnecked will become famous soon enough
I can not think of any names for the life of me but I have seen women on here with textured unders and they have said that they dropped and fluffed the same as smooth implants. I have textured overs and I can say from my experience that they dont just stick in one spot. My breasts fall to the sides just like smooth implants. They also jiggle and wiggle and move.

sunshine2014 likes this.