Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Reconstruction

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Reconstruction If you're having breast reconstruction, please post your questions and experiences in this forum.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By JMOM
  • 2 Post By KayKay1206
  • 1 Post By BicoastalGal
  • 1 Post By twinmama24
  • 1 Post By bama0813

Activities for post BA

Old 08-05-2014, 03:44 PM

EmmaFaye is on a distinguished road
Activities for post BA

I've been trying to think of some stuff to go do the week of my BA, because sitting at home for more than a couple days drives me kind of crazy and I have 9 days off. I plan on going out to eat, and doing a small amount of shopping. (All my clothes are xxs and tight so I doubt they'll fit me after).
I was thinking of going to a spa and getting a nice back massage, buttttt I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to lay on my breasts for that. Haha they'll be hurting too much.

What did you ladies do to pass the time sitting at home?

~EmmaFaye~
Old 08-05-2014, 09:26 PM

JMOM is on a distinguished road
Do not, I repeat DO NOT lay on your stomach and get a massage! The pockets won't be healed, and you could cause bottoming out or lateral displacement. Also, I suggest waiting until you and D&F to do most of your shopping, although you'd probably be ok if you buy xs or size small tops. I have a 28 inche rib cage, went from a 32B to a 32DD with 397cc implants and I still fit into *most* of my xs tops still although I am going up to 500cc HP with a pocket adjustment/internal bra on August 13th so we shall see.

As far as post op activities, schedule lunches/dinners with friends, manicures and pedicures are good, obv renting movies. I also scheduled every 3 days to go to the salon to get my hair washed and styles as it's hard to do for awhile after BA. You could of course go get a reflexology massage where you sit in a chair and they massage you like that.

Other than that I suggest complete compliance with your PS's post op instructions to ensure you enjoy the best result possible. HTH!!

Originally Posted by EmmaFaye View Post
I've been trying to think of some stuff to go do the week of my BA, because sitting at home for more than a couple days drives me kind of crazy and I have 9 days off. I plan on going out to eat, and doing a small amount of shopping. (All my clothes are xxs and tight so I doubt they'll fit me after).
I was thinking of going to a spa and getting a nice back massage, buttttt I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to lay on my breasts for that. Haha they'll be hurting too much.

What did you ladies do to pass the time sitting at home?

~EmmaFaye~

EmmaFaye likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to JMOM For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2014, 09:33 PM
JBI's Recovery Freak of Nature.

KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold
just be prepared to NOT be able to do anything and having to sit/lay at home for a few days or a week! not everyone is able to feel good enough to go and do anything! a lot of ladies have posted that they had no idea what they did for the first 3 days because they were in an anesthesia and pain med fog and had no memory of events. ladies have also said they were in quite a bit of pain and didnt want to do anything.

BUT, there is a chance where none of that will happen and you'll be absolutely fine to go out and about. I was christmas shopping at the mall the very next day, driving day 2 and more shopping, grocery shopping, friends christmas parties, etc. The entire week postOP, i was up out and about running the roads every single day! i was never home laying around except at night to sleep! i'll also add that i had rapid recovery, and i felt like i never even had surgery. that makes a huge difference to it all as well.

salsa and EmmaFaye like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to KayKay1206 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2014, 08:02 AM
With great boobs comes great responsibility

BicoastalGal is on a distinguished road
I'm planning to do things on the computer and around the house that aren't strenuous. I'm going to organize my file cabinet (yay!), organize and backup thousands of photos from the last year that I've been procrastinating on, and use the Duolingo app to learn French. My new boobs and I want to go back to Paris!

EmmaFaye likes this.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:06 AM

twinmama24 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by KayKay1206 View Post
just be prepared to NOT be able to do anything and having to sit/lay at home for a few days or a week! not everyone is able to feel good enough to go and do anything! a lot of ladies have posted that they had no idea what they did for the first 3 days because they were in an anesthesia and pain med fog and had no memory of events. ladies have also said they were in quite a bit of pain and didnt want to do anything.

BUT, there is a chance where none of that will happen and you'll be absolutely fine to go out and about. I was christmas shopping at the mall the very next day, driving day 2 and more shopping, grocery shopping, friends christmas parties, etc. The entire week postOP, i was up out and about running the roads every single day! i was never home laying around except at night to sleep! i'll also add that i had rapid recovery, and i felt like i never even had surgery. that makes a huge difference to it all as well.
ahhh I so wish I could do rapid recovery!! but b/c of my lift and muscle work for tube boobs I have to do it the old fashion way. oh well, maybe I can milk the recovery !

I'm planning on watching movies, maybe reading a book or two. I do want to go out to dinner with hubby and show them off a bit (if they look half way decent).

EmmaFaye likes this.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:25 PM

EmmaFaye is on a distinguished road
Talking

Thanks ladies, you're awesome!

I paid off my surgery today so it's officially starting to feel real. Can't wait!

~EmmaFaye~
Old 08-06-2014, 07:18 PM

bama0813 is on a distinguished road
I'm on day 3 post-op and I don't feel like doing anything but lay around and nap. I've cut down on the pain meds because I'm having more pressure rather than shooting pain. But everyone is different!

EmmaFaye likes this.