Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Reconstruction

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Reconstruction If you're having breast reconstruction, please post your questions and experiences in this forum.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By mango2014
  • 1 Post By BC A2C
  • 1 Post By Wintery
  • 2 Post By Mandy910

BRAVA system & Fat transfer

Old 10-22-2014, 09:56 PM
Finally getting BA! Fall 2015

mango2014 is on a distinguished road
BRAVA system & Fat transfer

I've received a fat transfer to my tuberous boobs last fall. It made about a good 40% difference at the beginning. Now I would say only about 25% of the fat has remained -better than nothing, I suppose. But it was pricey enough to be even better -_-
I've heard that you have to do it a few times for better results. Has anyone tried fat transfer?
There is also this breast expanding machine I've been reading up on that's supposed to stretch out your breast to make room for more fat to be transferred. Has anyone tried that?
That,on top of getting another fat transfer, can be quite $$$$. Idk if i would want to go through it just to get less-than-optimal results ....

YogaAddict and RocketGirl218 like this.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:48 PM
5'1" & 125lbs

BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mango11 View Post
I've received a fat transfer to my tuberous boobs last fall. It made about a good 40% difference at the beginning. Now I would say only about 25% of the fat has remained -better than nothing, I suppose. But it was pricey enough to be even better -_-
I've heard that you have to do it a few times for better results. Has anyone tried fat transfer?
There is also this breast expanding machine I've been reading up on that's supposed to stretch out your breast to make room for more fat to be transferred. Has anyone tried that?
That,on top of getting another fat transfer, can be quite $$$$. Idk if i would want to go through it just to get less-than-optimal results ....
The Brava system doesn't stretch skin out for fat transfer. The breast can accommodate fat transfer naturally...much like an implant placed under the skin, the tissue will expand with the fat transfer. The Brava system stretches the skin/tissue which encourages the body to replicate cells, thus creating its own breast tissue and increased breast volume. Brava isn't done in advance of fat transfer, Brava in itself is intended to increase breast size. Sometimes it is used along with fat transfer. There are also examples where breasts do not increase in size at the same rate which can be a bit of an issue.

Most info shows that you can gain 1/2 to 2 cup sizes (with 100cc of volume = 1 cup size)...so likely 200cc in volume max, that's with 10 hours a day of use for 10+ weeks.

YogaAddict likes this.

Last edited by BC A2C; 10-22-2014 at 10:53 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BC A2C For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2014, 08:48 AM

Wintery is on a distinguished road
I remember looking into the brava system back in the early 2000 and I remember seeing TONS of complaints about it, even down to where people were getting open sores from it. Do plenty of research on reviews before deciding on purchasing it. I would hope the technology changed since then but I did a quick search and it looks the same.

YogaAddict likes this.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:15 AM

Mandy910 is on a distinguished road
I looked into the Brava system and fat transfer. The one thing that turned me off from fat transfer was the fact that the fat injected can look like cancer while getting a mammogram. I have very dense breasts already that makes it hard to see cancer, I didn't want to add one more thing to complicate things. I also didn't like the cost and non guaranteed results. If not done correctly, the fat cells will just die. The Brava system is a huge commitment, with small kids, I didn't know how inconspicuous it would be under clothes.

Wintery and YogaAddict like this.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:29 AM

YogaAddict is a jewel in the rough YogaAddict is a jewel in the rough YogaAddict is a jewel in the rough
Very interesting. I had never heard of this. Good posting, everyone!
Old 11-03-2014, 09:10 AM

mistyrose will become famous soon enough
Back when I never considered getting a BA and didn't realize I had tuberous breasts, I bought the Noogleberry system. It's similar to Brava, but it's manual and MUCH cheaper. I'm not sure how effective it is, I never stayed consistent because of the commitment it requires. But there is a forum on the website that's very helpful.

I don't think it will do much to help shape, though, which I think is the primary concern with tuberous breasts. Only an experienced surgeon can change that. But you might want to look into Noogleberry if you're adamant about looking for an option other than a BA
Old 12-23-2014, 11:54 AM

dogsneverlie has a spectacular aura dogsneverlie has a spectacular aura dogsneverlie has a spectacular aura
Before moving forward with lift/implants, I did a lot of research and met with a different PS on doing fat transfer. We talked about that system and it can be painful. Many people don't stick with it I guess and since it costs so much $$$$............I was not going to use the Brava, was just going to do fat transfer and was really excited about it but I am happy/adjusted now to move forward with lift and implants.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:51 PM

Eli309 is on a distinguished road
If you do the research and you have small breasts the brava site says if you plan to do a fat transfer you should use the brava system if you have smaller boobs or not enough breast tissues and no kids, that could be why your results didn't stick.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:54 AM

MidwestHopeful is on a distinguished road
Brava actually is done in combination with fat transfer but it is a seriously time consuming process. I have done a ton of research on it prior to deciding on implants. Dr. Khouri from http://www.miamibreastcenter.com developed the combination of brava + fat transfer and his results are impressive. The brava increases blood supply and allows for more of the fat to survive which creates less calcifications. Still, you have to commit something like 12 hours a day every day for weeks leading up to the fat transfer and it is really expensive. It's definitely a good option for some people!