Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Reconstruction

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Reconstruction If you're having breast reconstruction, please post your questions and experiences in this forum.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mango2014
  • 2 Post By mistyrose

Best incision for tuberous breasts?

Old 10-28-2014, 09:44 PM
Finally getting BA! Fall 2015

mango2014 is on a distinguished road
Best incision for tuberous breasts?

I'm just wondering what your PS recommended as the best incision for tuberous boobs as far as aesthetically pleasing results (rounded out,less scarring, etc)

Falling2Grace likes this.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:03 PM

mistyrose will become famous soon enough
I haven't had surgery, but I think periareolar incision is best for the most aesthetically pleasing result so the PS can also fix the herniation in the nipple. I know some people don't want to risk messing with their areolas, but I figured I probably won't be able to breastfeed anyway so might as well go for the look that will make me the happiest
The Following User Says Thank You to mistyrose For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2014, 09:06 PM
Finally getting BA! Fall 2015

mango2014 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mistyrose View Post
I haven't had surgery, but I think periareolar incision is best for the most aesthetically pleasing result so the PS can also fix the herniation in the nipple. I know some people don't want to risk messing with their areolas, but I figured I probably won't be able to breastfeed anyway so might as well go for the look that will make me the happiest
I'm thinking the same thing, mistyrose. Sometimes i go back and forth between wanting to at least try breastfeeding, or just go ahead and do the surgery before I have kids,very well knowing that there might not be a chance at even providing them nourishment ): ...it's a sad & complicated business.
The ladies on here keep telling me how happy they were tgat they finally went through with BA & that the only thing they regret is not doing it sooner....it makes me wonder...
So glad I joined this community!
Old 10-30-2014, 05:00 PM

mistyrose will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by mango2014 View Post
I'm thinking the same thing, mistyrose. Sometimes i go back and forth between wanting to at least try breastfeeding, or just go ahead and do the surgery before I have kids,very well knowing that there might not be a chance at even providing them nourishment ): ...it's a sad & complicated business.
The ladies on here keep telling me how happy they were tgat they finally went through with BA & that the only thing they regret is not doing it sooner....it makes me wonder...
So glad I joined this community!
I go back and forth too--if I do have kids, I am inevitably going to be really upset that I probably won't be able to breastfeed them. It's something I've ALWAYS wanted to do. I really think it's beautiful. But something else I've always wanted was breasts I love. I figured the latter is more attainable and the tradeoff is worth it in my case, lol.

As for this community, I also am so glad it exists! I think it's a really smart move to join and be active enough to become a member before you go through with your BA, just so you have a realistic idea of how BAs can turn out.

mango2014 and Imjustme like this.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:55 PM

ohyogachic is on a distinguished road
Hi ladies, I saw your conversation shifted a bit to aerola incision and breast feeding after tuberous breasts and thought I'd share my experience. I have tuberous breasts and had two children. I desperately wanted to breast feed them and after regular visits with a lactation consultant, reading every book, pumping, supplimening, herbs, and every other trick in the book, I was only able to produce about a tenth of the amount of milk they need. And now Im not sure whether we'll have a third child but knowing there are 101 ways to bond with a baby and how little milk I can actually produce, I'm going ahead with the surgery even though it means no breast feeding for baby #3. I'm 29 and have now wanted this surgery for about 10 years so I'm going for it. just thought I'd share my story in case it helps.

Also....have you heard of supplimentory nursing systems? It's a way to feed babe on the breast even if you do have low supply caused by tuberous breasts or scaring after surgery. I did it with babe #2. There is the risk that having baby latch post-surgery could damage the beautiful work you've had done. But still...you could have that cuddly nursing relationship.
The Following User Says Thank You to ohyogachic For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2015, 07:37 AM

treschic is a jewel in the rough treschic is a jewel in the rough treschic is a jewel in the rough
I had my BA after I had my kids, and was only able to successfully breastfeed the 3rd one. I'm so glad I was able to have that experience, but as was said, there are SNSs that you can use (although I tried that with my first and HATED it) and of course you can bond with your baby in other ways. statistically, most ladies with tuberous breasts can BF at least some, if not exclusively. With my 3rd, I had to supplement in the beginning until I could ramp up my production. It was a lot of hard work: BFing, topping off with a bottle, then pumping for 15 min every 1.5-2 hours. It was exhausting! But so worth it in the end. As far as BAs, I completely understand wanting it before kids. If I had had the money, i would've done it before. Tuberous breasts can be corrected with a crease incision, but it depends on how much your nipples / areolas bother you. There are a few ladies on here (penny lane comes to mind) that didn't have anything done to their nipples and I think they look amazing! If it's just the breast shape that bothers you, and you don't need a lift, then crease would be a great option. As far as scarring, I think it's a matter of preference. Areola incisions do tend to heal beautifully, but you don't really see the crease, so it's usually fine too. Feel free to FR me and look at my pics. I'm 5 weeks out and have a lot of dropping to do, but I'm very happy so far. I needed a donut lift after having 3 kids so I had mine done through areola incision.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:38 AM

treschic is a jewel in the rough treschic is a jewel in the rough treschic is a jewel in the rough
I just realized, I think we're already friends! Sorry, I forget who I talk to on here sometimes!