Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Reconstruction

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Reconstruction If you're having breast reconstruction, please post your questions and experiences in this forum.

Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By bella84
  • 1 Post By TlynnL
  • 1 Post By UniKitty
  • 1 Post By Titan
  • 2 Post By AshlieRose
  • 2 Post By jocomama
  • 1 Post By Subaru
  • 2 Post By bella84

Scared sick

Old 01-20-2015, 09:12 PM

bella84 is on a distinguished road
Scared sick

So surgery is in about one day (January 22 @ 9am) and I'm beyond scared. This will be my first surgery and second time having anesthesia, last time I was 10 years old and it was for a minor procedure. I am scared out of my mind for the whole process especially the whole going to sleep part. I'm in desperate need of reassurance. Have any of you felt this way before surgery? How did you calm yourself down? Any words of advice? Thanks for everything ladies

TexasHulaGirl and TlynnL like this.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:21 PM

TlynnL is on a distinguished road
I have had surgery multiple times, so I do not know what that fear is like. Just wanted to wish you the best. And let you know, you'll be fine. You'll do great. Try to find some peace before going under. I really believe mental attitude is important. For the best experience try to stay positive. There are meditation tapes for pre surgery, on of my Dr's made me listen every night for a week before surgery. I don't think it mattered for me, but would totally recommend something like that for you. Relax! You will do great!

bella84 likes this.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:23 PM

Thank you TlynnL, I think I need to do some serious meditating lol
Old 01-20-2015, 11:00 PM

UniKitty is on a distinguished road
I've been under for my wisdom teeth, laproscopic surgery, a gum/tooth surgery, and then I've had two other conscious surgeries. I never had any complications with any, I just got the shakes so bad before all of them. They always thought I was cold, but at my last surgery my surgeon said it's some people's "Fight or Flight" kicking in! So once they settled my nerves I was fine

bella84 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to UniKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2015, 06:08 AM

Titan is on a distinguished road
I've only had two other surgeries besides this last one (tonsils out when I was 5 and wisdom teeth out) . I also was scared but the nurses reassured me that I would be fine. I do not remember falling asleep at all. They gave me something right before they wheeled me out of my room. Last thing I remember was waving to my husband. Then I woke up and thought when are they going to get this thing started! It was already done.

One thing I would definitely ask about is anti nausea medicine. Anesthesia makes me very nauseous and I did not want to wake up sick. They put a patch on my neck and I had no nausea except one time when I stood for too long early after my surgery. I got really dizzy.

I think the anticipation of the surgery is far worse than the actual surgery and recovery. At least it was for me. I'm a worry wart! Good luck! You will do fine!

bella84 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Titan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2015, 08:23 PM

AshlieRose will become famous soon enough
I was so terrified of being put to sleep under anesthesia that I put off surgery for 10 !years!!!The days before I started having nightmares.I was so scared. When they took me in to the surgery room I looked back at my sons and it felt like it was the last time I was ever going to see them. I had to pull myself together in the bathroom when I changed into my surgical gown, socks, and cap because I felt like I was going to totally break down. Then I went to my bed and had the nicest nurse and doctor ever so I felt better. She gave me a gossip rag magazine to read and thats the last thing I remember. Then I woke up and it was all done and I was so happy I was brave enough to go through with it \
Piece.of.cake!!

bella84 and EasyTiger like this.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:51 PM

mellen4152 will become famous soon enough
I had my tonsils out in 2nd grade and that was the only procedure I had done till my BA. I was so freaked out I wrote up a love letter to my SO because I was terrified of going under. Take deep breaths because everything will be ok! My legs were shacking when I went in I layed on the table probably spoke a sentance to my PS and I was out! Woke up and waaahla I had a new me if you really want something go and get it! You dont want to question the what ifs just because your nervious system is on over drive!
The Following User Says Thank You to mellen4152 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2015, 02:02 PM

jocomama is on a distinguished road
I just had to go under for the 2nd time in a year because my right implant deflated! My biggest fear in the world (no joke) was going under...until I had to for my first BA in Feb of 2014. It went so smooth that I wasn't nervous at all about it this past week. Probably because I really disliked having only one boob. Lol! Piece of cake. It is a nice, long uninterrupted nap. I never get those anymore with 2 babies.

AshlieRose and bella84 like this.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:35 AM
Looking for the Ba-Bam!!

Subaru is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bella84 View Post
So surgery is in about one day (January 22 @ 9am) and I'm beyond scared. This will be my first surgery and second time having anesthesia, last time I was 10 years old and it was for a minor procedure. I am scared out of my mind for the whole process especially the whole going to sleep part. I'm in desperate need of reassurance. Have any of you felt this way before surgery? How did you calm yourself down? Any words of advice? Thanks for everything ladies
How did you make out?

bella84 likes this.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Subaru View Post
How did you make out?
I lived! Lol! The surgery went great! The anesthesia was no big deal! No I'm at home just resting up and healing then back to work next week (I took I few extra days off)

TexasHulaGirl and Subaru like this.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:54 PM

JayCee24 is on a distinguished road
I'm glad you got on ok! That also my biggest fear too, because i've actually NEVER had anesthesia. The closest i've come is a local numbing agent at the dentist =/