Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Reconstruction

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Reconstruction If you're having breast reconstruction, please post your questions and experiences in this forum.

Weight things...

Old 03-09-2015, 09:33 AM

Falling2Grace is on a distinguished road
Weighty things...

Has anyone here ever had reconstruction whilist overweight? did your PS deny you Sx bc of it?
i am 5foot 2 and currently 179lbs. my limbs are skinny. i have an hour glass figure. but my belly is big, to say it nicely.
I know it is typically frowned upon, especially if you intend on losing weight, however i have a constant battle with weight gain and weight loss due to a congenital thyroid issue. Luckily for me i have been successful with losing weight (for now). i have lost over 30lbs but i still have about 30lbs more to go to be at a healthy weight. (my HW was 209lbs and i am diligently working to lose more)i just dont want to keep pushing off Sx until i meet my weight goal bc that day may not ever come. As well, i have IGT and tuberous breasts, they have never grown bigger when i gained massive amounts of weight (hypothryoid issues). nor have they ever shrunk when i lost all of this weight. So, could i be the exception to the rule? Has anyone ever went under with a bit of extra weight? I get a little self conscious knowing that a PS is seeing how big my belly is..but i really am trying my best.

i am saving for the Sx, so it will be about a years time. i am hopeful that my thryoid has stablized through meds and i will continue to follow Weight Watchers, as to try to lose as much weight as ppossible before the reconstruction, but its always hard to tell with this disease how the weight will be. i anticppate goal weight by december, but sometimes it has to be changed due to thryoid weight gain. Id really like to get the Sx done in about a years time.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:06 PM

dogsneverlie has a spectacular aura dogsneverlie has a spectacular aura dogsneverlie has a spectacular aura
I don't think a PS would deny surgery due to weight, I am most certainly overweight.

I am 5' 1" and weight about 185 - - mostly in my belly as well.

Did someone say something to you?
Old 03-19-2015, 02:06 PM

LadyBug86 is on a distinguished road
I'm 5'5 and 170 with a belly. I got 700cc on February 11
Old 03-19-2015, 02:51 PM
32D -> ?!?!

Catjlg is on a distinguished road
I don't think you'd be denied, but if you're actuvely trying to lose weight, they might suggest waiting as it can change things.