Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Reconstruction

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Reconstruction If you're having breast reconstruction, please post your questions and experiences in this forum.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By ATLHousewife
  • 1 Post By TexasHulaGirl

downsizing question about breast crease/fold

Old 04-29-2015, 06:50 PM

hope4smaller is on a distinguished road
downsizing question about breast crease/fold

If my surgeon lowered my crease, or if i feel it is low in general, will downsizing with a lift also vertically lift the breast implant, fold, etc to a position that is slightly higher on the chest wall? I just don't want my fold to be so low and shorten my torso. It might be an obvious answer but I've read that the crease stays in the same place?
Old 04-30-2015, 04:50 AM
+Viva La Vida+

ATLHousewife has a spectacular aura ATLHousewife has a spectacular aura ATLHousewife has a spectacular aura
From what I've read, a lift just repositions the nipple. I know PS can raise or lower a crease, but I think it's a separate thing and would tack on some extra cost to your surgery, more than likely.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:42 AM

TexasHulaGirl is just really nice TexasHulaGirl is just really nice TexasHulaGirl is just really nice TexasHulaGirl is just really nice
Like ATLhousewife said, a lift will only reposition the nipple and possibly make the hang or breast crease fold sag less. It doesn't change the breast crease at all. I've heard of Internal Bras being placed to help lift and support the implants but I'm not sure if that changes the position of the breast crease at all.

You might want to post this question in the 'ask a plastic surgeon' board.

ATLHousewife likes this.