Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Reconstruction

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Reconstruction If you're having breast reconstruction, please post your questions and experiences in this forum.

Nipple reconstruction?

Old 06-26-2015, 01:45 AM

Eveinca is on a distinguished road
Nipple reconstruction?

Unfortunately, during the healing from my nipple sparing bi-lateral mastectomy with immediate reconstruction, I lost a nipple. It lost too much blood flow and became necrotic. I needed to get chemo started so ultimately it and a small portion of skin was removed. I stil have one very nice nipple on my other reconstructed breast. I was wondering what my options might be besides, tattoo, or leaving it alone. Does anyone know where they get the skin for a fake nipple? I've heard the success rate isn't too good. My friend (one nipple left too) told me that they can split the one nipple and use it to make another nipple. Has anyone had this procedure done? M

Any and all experience and advice about alternatives to a 3-d tattoo would be welcome.

Thank you!
Old 06-26-2015, 06:21 AM

KikiV is on a distinguished road
I'm sorry that happened. I wish you healing! I just wanted to say my step mom had her missing nipple tattooed on and is very happy with it. I can tell it isn't your first choice but there are good results
Old 06-27-2015, 06:05 PM
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee

BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
You might want to post this question to one of the surgeons on here. They should be able to help out tremendously.

You should read this story: http://www.washingtonian.com/article...r-in-maryland/

It's about a tattoo artist that has devoted his life to tattooing nipples on women that have had a mastectomy.

Last edited by BooBitties; 06-27-2015 at 06:08 PM.