Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Reconstruction

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Reconstruction If you're having breast reconstruction, please post your questions and experiences in this forum.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BFH

Educate me

Old 06-26-2017, 09:52 AM

nursej0583 is on a distinguished road
Educate me

I'm having a reconstruction done on Weds, decrease in implant size, changing back to silicone (Natrelle Inspira), lift and internal bra. Here's my question is the internal bra different than the permanent sutures? My surgeon said that he does the internal bra automatically with the lift and implant exchange. I thought it was kind of a good idea but I am paying the price for it all. Thoughts? I want to make sure I'm not confusing permanent sutures and an internal bra..though I've asked to make sure it was an internal bra.
Thanks!!!!!
Old 06-26-2017, 11:44 AM

Mdlg1955 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by nursej0583 View Post
I'm having a reconstruction done on Weds, decrease in implant size, changing back to silicone (Natrelle Inspira), lift and internal bra. Here's my question is the internal bra different than the permanent sutures? My surgeon said that he does the internal bra automatically with the lift and implant exchange. I thought it was kind of a good idea but I am paying the price for it all. Thoughts? I want to make sure I'm not confusing permanent sutures and an internal bra..though I've asked to make sure it was an internal bra.
Thanks!!!!!
Many patients would assume that an "internal bra" means you're getting some kind of mesh (in between the skin and breast tissue) in addition to permanent sutures to hold it in place. However I've heard from some PS (in another forum) that this is not always the case, because these terms (i.e. internal bra, permanent sutures) can mean different things to different PS. So I certainly understand your confusion.

I think the key to getting your answer would be to ask your PS for clarification on what procedure/s is he doing and what materials he will be using? Is he placing some kind of "mesh" in between your skin and breast tissue in addition to using permanent sutures to hold it in place? Or if he simply narrowing your implant pockets with permanent sutures (along with a lift) and referring to that as an "internal bra". I've even heard of a case where someone was told they were going to get a "mesh" but after the surgeon got in there and tightened things up he decided the mesh was not necessary.

In any case don't be afraid to ask for details, especially since you're paying for it. If your surgeon says you're getting a "mesh" perhaps ask what it's made of and what the brand is. You have every right to know what materials are being placed inside your body and what they are made of. Good luck.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:24 PM
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee

BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by nursej0583 View Post
Thanks!!!!!
True IBs are NOT cheap. You may be getting internal sutures if your surgeon does that with every lift and implant exchange.

Call him in the morning to clarify what you're getting. Ask if you are getting an ADM (acellular dermal matrix - there are a few brands out there, Alloderm, Strattice, etc) or permanent sutures. If you have an issue with using pig derived tissue, Strattice may not be your #1 choice.

Last edited by BooBitties; 06-26-2017 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:55 AM
BFH
My name is babyfromheaven and I am a bra-aholic.

BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of
Agreeing with the above. And if you'll be having surgical scaffolding put in heres the JBI article that talks about the four most common ones used with a breast implant revision.

http://www.justbreastimplants.com/ar...fold-materials

Mdlg1955 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to BFH For This Useful Post: