Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Reconstruction

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Reconstruction If you're having breast reconstruction, please post your questions and experiences in this forum.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lillith

Tuberous breast help please

Old 03-21-2018, 04:22 PM

Boobieheaven is on a distinguished road
Tuberous breast help please

I have tuberous breast and have struggled with this all my life I am 28 years old. I am finally at a point where I can get implants and have the surgery to help me feel better about my breast. I will be doing saline implants under the muscle of course but I will be also having a think he called it a nipple reduction with a lift. My question is did any of you guys have this and have the implant inserted through the Areola and still come at with your desired breast size. I know that this will not make my breast perfect by any means . However the amount of money I am spending I would like to have the size I want DD at least.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:19 PM

Mariketa is on a distinguished road
So your lift will be only around the nipple, right? A donut lift?

I do not have tuberous breasts, but I did have a lollipop lift with a nipple reduction and silicone implants under the muscle. I know a lot of ladies on here have done that, but it might be a different story for tuberous breasts. I hope someone can give you some insight!
Old 03-21-2018, 11:12 PM

Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura
Previous tubbie boobie girl here

Have you already selected your PS or still in the consultation process of finding the right one? What did your PS say your BWD is? What amount of starting breast tissue do you have? What is the severity of the tuberous state?

Don't go by a cup size on the goal size you want, it's too subjective. Preop I always wore 34Bs-34Cs depending how my weight fluctuated, but in my correct bra size I should have been more like a 30DDD/F or a 32DD. Sounds big but they were far from big, most people would guess a "small to full B cup". Sizing while your breasts are still cone shaped with little to no lower pole is difficult also, it's very hard to imagine a bra fitting the right way... I know... I was there.

I had a donut lift basically, I was slightly tuberous preop. I had silicone anatomical implants placed under the muscle through the areola incision. Not to sway you on your implant choice but every before and after I saw of a previous tuberous gal with the lift with saline implants... the results weren't as good. The 2 PS's I consulted with that I liked the most and liked their before and afters the most BOTH said round implants wouldn't help my shape due to the little lower pole etc. They both said anatomicals. The PS I went with put two different sizers in me during surgery to determine whether round or anatomical was best and how many CC's. Show your PS goal photos. Look at before and afters on surgeon's sites that you really like and show those also. Try rice sizers at home in a tight sports bra until you get to the size you want that may be perceived as a "DD".

I have 34DD and 34DDD bras I've been wearing postop since I was measured incorrectly during bra fittings in stores... in my true size I would be a 30I or a 32H. My measurements right now are 29 underbust and 39 on the bust. Use this as a guide to find the right size that you actually are http://www.sophisticatedpair.com/bra-size-calculator/

I would say if you haven't found your PS yet to do your research and find one that is great with tuberous breasts. Usually a PS that also does reconstructive breast surgery is best. Like my PS for example fixes other PS's work, fixes complications, does reconstructive work, and is great with tuberous breasts.

I absolutely love my results, I have never been happy with my breasts until now.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:38 AM

Thank you for replying I have picked my surgeon and since I am out of town I will have to do my consult the day before my surgery. I’m going to do the rice test this weekend to get an approximate amount of cc’s I would like. I have no lower pole in my breast at all and the puffy Areola to go with them. I did breastfeed my children so a tad of saginess. I am very excited needless to say!
Old 03-23-2018, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Gummies4Me View Post

Have you already selected your PS or still in the consultation process of finding the right one? What did your PS say your BWD is? What amount of starting breast tissue do you have? What is the severity of the tuberous state?

Don't go by a cup size on the goal size you want, it's too subjective. Preop I always wore 34Bs-34Cs depending how my weight fluctuated, but in my correct bra size I should have been more like a 30DDD/F or a 32DD. Sounds big but they were far from big, most people would guess a "small to full B cup". Sizing while your breasts are still cone shaped with little to no lower pole is difficult also, it's very hard to imagine a bra fitting the right way... I know... I was there.

I had a donut lift basically, I was slightly tuberous preop. I had silicone anatomical implants placed under the muscle through the areola incision. Not to sway you on your implant choice but every before and after I saw of a previous tuberous gal with the lift with saline implants... the results weren't as good. The 2 PS's I consulted with that I liked the most and liked their before and afters the most BOTH said round implants wouldn't help my shape due to the little lower pole etc. They both said anatomicals. The PS I went with put two different sizers in me during surgery to determine whether round or anatomical was best and how many CC's. Show your PS goal photos. Look at before and afters on surgeon's sites that you really like and show those also. Try rice sizers at home in a tight sports bra until you get to the size you want that may be perceived as a "DD".

I have 34DD and 34DDD bras I've been wearing postop since I was measured incorrectly during bra fittings in stores... in my true size I would be a 30I or a 32H. My measurements right now are 29 underbust and 39 on the bust. Use this as a guide to find the right size that you actually are http://www.sophisticatedpair.com/bra-size-calculator/

I would say if you haven't found your PS yet to do your research and find one that is great with tuberous breasts. Usually a PS that also does reconstructive breast surgery is best. Like my PS for example fixes other PS's work, fixes complications, does reconstructive work, and is great with tuberous breasts.

I absolutely love my results, I have never been happy with my breasts until now.
I definitely posted this half asleep lol, my implants are placed through the crease incision, but I also had a donut lift. So I have scars around my areolas and in my creases, but they aren't bad at all. Even if they were more visible what I have now is waaayyy better than before, so I would still do it over again.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:18 PM

I think I will have both of those incisions as well..
Old 03-24-2018, 05:12 AM

Lillith is on a distinguished road
Slight tuberosity

Hi there. My PS is only doing Inframammary incission, as he has to “break the tuberous tissue” to develop the lower pole.

I am going subglandular, to correct this small tuberosity, but he is not touching my aureolas at all. They are a normal size, a bit puffy, but easily corrected from underneath.

I have read around and subglandular or even dual plane are the techniques used for tuberous breasts. Only under the muscle might make it very difficult to improve the shape of the breasts. Of course, that absolutely depends on each person.

Best of luck and let us know!!

Boobieheaven likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lillith For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2018, 08:01 AM

Thank you for replying I will definitely talk it over with my surgeon but my puffy areolas I don’t think will be fixed with overs. I have complete faith in my PS and believe he knows what he is doing. Which makes this process a lot easier. I really won’t know how many incisions until the day before my surgery but that’s okay with me.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
Hi there. My PS is only doing Inframammary incission, as he has to “break the tuberous tissue” to develop the lower pole.

I am going subglandular, to correct this small tuberosity, but he is not touching my aureolas at all. They are a normal size, a bit puffy, but easily corrected from underneath.

I have read around and subglandular or even dual plane are the techniques used for tuberous breasts. Only under the muscle might make it very difficult to improve the shape of the breasts. Of course, that absolutely depends on each person.

Best of luck and let us know!!
The majority of "unders" are not full unders, they are dual plane. Most PS's nowadays call dual plane just under the muscle placement. Not many PS's do full unders. So mine are dual plane. I have anatomicals, my PS said it filled in my lower pole best and with the top part of the muscle covering the top of the implant it helped for my upper pole to not be too much so I wouldn't get a more augmented look than what I wanted.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Boobieheaven View Post
I think I will have both of those incisions as well..
Yep, most under the muscle placements nowadays are primarily done through the crease incision. But of course donut lifts will also have a scar completely around the nipples. I'm 6 months postop and you cannot see my areola scars anymore, they are also flat. My crease incisions are flat also but still a little bit noticeable, but I'm sure that will fade more over time.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:58 PM

Babybat is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Gummies4Me View Post

I have 34DD and 34DDD bras I've been wearing postop since I was measured incorrectly during bra fittings in stores... in my true size I would be a 30I or a 32H. My measurements right now are 29 underbust and 39 on the bust. Use this as a guide to find the right size that you actually are Bra Size Calculator ? A Sophisticated Pair

If you dont mind me asking, who did you go to and what did you pay? Im comparing surgeons and dont mind travelling. Am currently located in vancouver, Canada
Old 11-15-2018, 05:44 PM

Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Babybat View Post
If you dont mind me asking, who did you go to and what did you pay? Im comparing surgeons and dont mind travelling. Am currently located in vancouver, Canada
If you’re willing to travel and want a doctor who has 30+ years experience with reconstruction of tuberous/constricted Breasts and Benelli/Donut lifts, Check out Dr. Ronald DeMars in Portland,OR while you’re Surgeon Shopping. He did mine for $9,065 and I am thrilled with the results. I’m 4 months out and my right nipple literally looks like it has never had surgery. There’s zero scar. It’s actually quite impressive. The left is thin but still a bit pink and he is doing laser revision for free. He also uses a No touch, Keller funnel insertion approach to avoid implant contamination which is a important consideration during your choosing of a surgeon for this procedure.

Good luck!
Old 11-15-2018, 05:55 PM

Babybat is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Lennev View Post
If you’re willing to travel and want a doctor who has 30+ years experience with reconstruction of tuberous/constricted Breasts and Benelli/Donut lifts, Check out Dr. Ronald DeMars in Portland,OR while you’re Surgeon Shopping. He did mine for $9,065 and I am thrilled with the results. I’m 4 months out and my right nipple literally looks like it has never had surgery. There’s zero scar. It’s actually quite impressive. The left is thin but still a bit pink and he is doing laser revision for free. He also uses a No touch, Keller funnel insertion approach to avoid implant contamination which is a important consideration during your choosing of a surgeon for this procedure.

Good luck!
Thank you so much! I live only a 4hr drive from there. Was that price the lift and the implants combined?
Old 11-16-2018, 10:03 AM

My PS is not known for being the least expensive. I went with him due to his skill, reputation, and bedside manner. Mine was about $12K+ I had the lift, anatomical implants, keller funnel, BLIS warranty, and I got the silicone scar treatment from his office. I went with Dr Robert Cohen, he has a office in Scottsdale AZ and in Santa Monica CA. I have been quoted lower from other PS's I consulted with but didn't feel as confident and comfortable with them.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:43 PM

Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
Thank you so much! I live only a 4hr drive from there. Was that price the lift and the implants combined?
Yes. $9065 covered lift, implants, 10 year warranty on implants, anesthesia, surgical suite, Keller funnel/no touch insertion approach, post surgery bra and lifetime of free aftercare. Dr. DeMars is one of the most expensive in town. Others in this town will do it for 6,000-8,000 but he is well worth the bit extra as he has 35 years experience.

It will be a extra 400$ if you want a post surgery non narcotic pain pump