Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Reconstruction
 
|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


General Breast Reconstruction If you're having breast reconstruction, please post your questions and experiences in this forum.


Tuberous breast surgery coming up

Old 05-12-2018, 11:11 AM
  #1  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 30
Lion is on a distinguished road
Tuberous breast surgery coming up

Hi!
Iím having tuberous breast reconstruction and BA under the muscle on 5/13
Iím petite and going with 195 or 200 cc round silicone
I would love to hear others stories about surgery, recovery and D&F process
Thank you!
Lion is offline  
Old 06-13-2018, 11:41 AM
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 71
swiftsally is on a distinguished road
So Lion, How did it go??
swiftsally is offline  
Old 10-08-2018, 04:00 PM
  #3  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 18
Jls2000 is on a distinguished road
Me too :)

Hi there! I too had tuberous breast that have seriously bothered me since puberty. I had a rather high fold, asymmetry and very little breast tissue with large areolas. So, I just had a Breast lift with implants (415 cc cohesive gel under the muscle) on Sept 25, 2018. At first they were rather hard to look at because they were so swollen, bruised high & pointy. At almost 2weeks post op now the swelling is down considerably and I can start to see them round out little by little. Really trusting that the waiting process is worth it. How are others results long term?
Jls2000 is offline  
Old 10-08-2018, 09:21 PM
  #4  
 
Gummies4Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Arizona
Posts: 941
Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura
Originally Posted by Jls2000 View Post
Hi there! I too had tuberous breast that have seriously bothered me since puberty. I had a rather high fold, asymmetry and very little breast tissue with large areolas. So, I just had a Breast lift with implants (415 cc cohesive gel under the muscle) on Sept 25, 2018. At first they were rather hard to look at because they were so swollen, bruised high & pointy. At almost 2weeks post op now the swelling is down considerably and I can start to see them round out little by little. Really trusting that the waiting process is worth it. How are others results long term?
Year postop here, slightly tuberous preop. I had big changes at 3 months then again at 6 months postop, then again at my 1 year mark. First by 3 months I dropped and fluffed, my areolas regained sensation (unfortunately lol), my scars looked a lot better, etc. By 6 months I increased in size unexpectedly, they became very soft at that point, jiggly, etc. Now at a year I increased another cup size and they are very much realistic, "normal" looking, and squishy. Hang in there, it gets better as time goes. It's hard now for me to remember what they were like before and I had my BA/BL at 30 years old. So for basically 15 years I lived with tuberous breasts.
Gummies4Me is offline  
Old 10-14-2018, 02:24 PM
  #5  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 18
Jls2000 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Gummies4Me View Post
Year postop here, slightly tuberous preop. I had big changes at 3 months then again at 6 months postop, then again at my 1 year mark. First by 3 months I dropped and fluffed, my areolas regained sensation (unfortunately lol), my scars looked a lot better, etc. By 6 months I increased in size unexpectedly, they became very soft at that point, jiggly, etc. Now at a year I increased another cup size and they are very much realistic, "normal" looking, and squishy. Hang in there, it gets better as time goes. It's hard now for me to remember what they were like before and I had my BA/BL at 30 years old. So for basically 15 years I lived with tuberous breasts.
Ahhh!!! So thankful for your reply. Cant wait to see where this year takes me 😊

Last edited by BooBitties; 10-14-2018 at 02:56 PM. Reason: fixed quote
Jls2000 is offline  
Old 10-16-2018, 01:31 AM
  #6  
 
Daisee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: California
Posts: 213
Daisee is on a distinguished road
Mine were tuberous. I had a periareolar mastopexy (basically he raised my nipple up) without lowering the crease. He did release some bands but only on one side (my breasts were very asymmetrical). A year and a half out, I love the shape of them. I finally feel ďnormalĒ except that the nipple he raised up is now larger than the other one. But no one will ever see it except hubby so I donít rwally care.

My recovery was easy, but I should point out that it was my second surgery as I had saline before. I hated the results of my first one because he didnít address the tuberous breasts so they looked awful. Drop and fluff continues on and Iím at 17 months now.
Daisee is offline  
Old 11-15-2018, 12:56 PM
  #7  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 46
Babybat is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jls2000 View Post
Hi there! I too had tuberous breast that have seriously bothered me since puberty. I had a rather high fold, asymmetry and very little breast tissue with large areolas. So, I just had a Breast lift with implants (415 cc cohesive gel under the muscle) on Sept 25, 2018. At first they were rather hard to look at because they were so swollen, bruised high & pointy. At almost 2weeks post op now the swelling is down considerably and I can start to see them round out little by little. Really trusting that the waiting process is worth it. How are others results long term?
I also have tuberous breasts. I am curious did you get an areola reduction too?? Or do they suit your breasts more naturally since they are larger and rounder now? I am on the fence about it because i have puffy and somewhat large areolas as well.
Babybat is offline  
Old 11-15-2018, 08:42 PM
  #8  
 
Gummies4Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Arizona
Posts: 941
Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura
Originally Posted by Babybat View Post
I also have tuberous breasts. I am curious did you get an areola reduction too?? Or do they suit your breasts more naturally since they are larger and rounder now? I am on the fence about it because i have puffy and somewhat large areolas as well.
Find a PS that specializes in reconstructive BA's and more specifically tuberous BA's. It will vary based on the look you want and what the PS thinks is best to achieve that. My benelli lift included slight areola reduction. I'm glad he did because they were big preop, still big compared to other girl's areolas, but they fit my breasts if that makes sense. It's definitely worth it. I wouldn't have the same result without the lift and areola reduction.
Gummies4Me is offline  
Old 11-15-2018, 09:25 PM
  #9  
 
Lennev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Portland Oregon
Posts: 828
Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Gummies4Me View Post
Find a PS that specializes in reconstructive BA's and more specifically tuberous BA's. It will vary based on the look you want and what the PS thinks is best to achieve that. My benelli lift included slight areola reduction. I'm glad he did because they were big preop, still big compared to other girl's areolas, but they fit my breasts if that makes sense. It's definitely worth it. I wouldn't have the same result without the lift and areola reduction.
^This.... The single most relevant factor in determining a positive outcome for tuberous/constricted breasts is choosing the ďrightĒ surgeon. Because itís more than a BA, itís essentially reconstructive surgery and itís quite complex in comparison.

When consulting with surgeons ask outright how many tuberous breasts they do each year? What percentage of those had complications? How long theyíve been doing tuberous Breast augmentation? Also, ask to see before and after photos of tuberous/constricted patients and make sure that the number theyíve given you aligns somewhat with the number of photos you see. If a surgeon tells you they have done 100 tuberous cases a year for the last 20 years but they only have 10 tuberous before/after photos, thatís a red flag. Find one whose work is well documented and speaks for itself.

Best luck to you, darliní
Lennev is offline  
Old 11-15-2018, 11:07 PM
  #10  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 46
Babybat is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Lennev View Post
^This.... The single most relevant factor in determining a positive outcome for tuberous/constricted breasts is choosing the ďrightĒ surgeon. Because itís more than a BA, itís essentially reconstructive surgery and itís quite complex in comparison.

When consulting with surgeons ask outright how many tuberous breasts they do each year? What percentage of those had complications? How long theyíve been doing tuberous Breast augmentation? Also, ask to see before and after photos of tuberous/constricted patients and make sure that the number theyíve given you aligns somewhat with the number of photos you see. If a surgeon tells you they have done 100 tuberous cases a year for the last 20 years but they only have 10 tuberous before/after photos, thatís a red flag. Find one whose work is well documented and speaks for itself.

Best luck to you, darliní
Thank you for all of the knowledge and advice
Babybat is offline  
Old 11-15-2018, 11:12 PM
  #11  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 46
Babybat is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Daisee View Post
Mine were tuberous. I had a periareolar mastopexy (basically he raised my nipple up) without lowering the crease. He did release some bands but only on one side (my breasts were very asymmetrical). A year and a half out, I love the shape of them. I finally feel ďnormalĒ except that the nipple he raised up is now larger than the other one. But no one will ever see it except hubby so I donít rwally care.

My recovery was easy, but I should point out that it was my second surgery as I had saline before. I hated the results of my first one because he didnít address the tuberous breasts so they looked awful. Drop and fluff continues on and Iím at 17 months now.
I feel like this is exactly what the surgeon is going to suggest for me as well.. do you mind divulging what the overall cost was considering it was a lift plus implants?
Babybat is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 06:57 AM
  #12  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 18
Jls2000 is on a distinguished road
Yes, I had an areolas reduction also, mine were different sizes. I have some progress photos in my albums if you care to look! My left is still a bit puffy, but seems like it is stretching more with the implant settling
Originally Posted by Babybat View Post
I also have tuberous breasts. I am curious did you get an areola reduction too?? Or do they suit your breasts more naturally since they are larger and rounder now? I am on the fence about it because i have puffy and somewhat large areolas as well.
Jls2000 is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 07:06 AM
  #13  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 18
Jls2000 is on a distinguished road
Reduction

Yep, I did have an areola reduction! Mine were different sizes & rather large. I have photos in my albums if you care to take a look. Right now i am about 5 months PO and my left is still a little puffy, but it is slowly getting flat as my implant streches & settles.

Originally Posted by Babybat View Post
I also have tuberous breasts. I am curious did you get an areola reduction too?? Or do they suit your breasts more naturally since they are larger and rounder now? I am on the fence about it because i have puffy and somewhat large areolas as well.
Jls2000 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off