Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Reconstruction

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Reconstruction If you're having breast reconstruction, please post your questions and experiences in this forum.

Pocket revision. Under to over

Old 04-27-2019, 11:25 AM

nmb123 is on a distinguished road
Pocket revision. Under to over

Hi all! I had BA at 18 (9 years ago) I got 300cc mods saline under the muscle. I have one child who I nursed and my boobs grew a lot during that time and now Iím super deflated. Just got divorced and want to get redone. Iím scheduled at end of May. My PS is recommending a lift on both, sizing between 450-500cc HP silicone. She is suggesting since I do lift and my muscle is displacing my implant/ my implant is sitting high while my natural breast is far from that that we go from under to over muscle. Iím just nervous about the revision and nervous as I havenít seen many over the muscle implants. I donít mind the looking more fake look but donít want to look like I just have two baseballs under my skin if that makes sense. Any over ladies or pocket revision ladies here?
Old 05-01-2019, 03:09 PM

Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by nmb123 View Post
Hi all! I had BA at 18 (9 years ago) I got 300cc mods saline under the muscle. I have one child who I nursed and my boobs grew a lot during that time and now Iím super deflated. Just got divorced and want to get redone. Iím scheduled at end of May. My PS is recommending a lift on both, sizing between 450-500cc HP silicone. She is suggesting since I do lift and my muscle is displacing my implant/ my implant is sitting high while my natural breast is far from that that we go from under to over muscle. Iím just nervous about the revision and nervous as I havenít seen many over the muscle implants. I donít mind the looking more fake look but donít want to look like I just have two baseballs under my skin if that makes sense. Any over ladies or pocket revision ladies here?
Have you gone on any other consults to see what approach other surgeons suggest? Itís typically recommend to go on 2-3 consults before choosing a surgeon/surgical plan.

I donít blame you at all for thinking twice about moving over the muscle. When you go over the muscle, your relying solely on your skin to hold the implants up and keep them from sagging. Youíre relying on skin only to conceal ripples and ridges. If your skin is damaged, stretched, and thinner from pregnancy/nursing, how much can you trust it to hold the implants up? If your skin is thinner/damaged how much can you trust it to conceal ripples and edges of the implant? If it were me Iíd 100% get a second opinion. Going over the muscle at the same time as a lift and larger implants seems like a strange suggestion to me but Iím obviously not a professional. Iíd certainly consult other surgeons though.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:43 PM

WillowWisp is on a distinguished road
I'd find a few more opinions before you go down that road. All I really hear from that is that she can't adjust the under pocket, so she'll just make a new one over. I'm pretty sure most PS' can, it happens all the time with revisions. Do yourself a massive favor, and go into the 'JBI Surgeon Forums' here and ask for a few opinions (hint: Dr Revis), and see what makes you feel comfortable.

Good luck.
Old 05-07-2019, 11:10 PM

Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by WillowWisp View Post
I'd find a few more opinions before you go down that road. All I really hear from that is that she can't adjust the under pocket, so she'll just make a new one over. I'm pretty sure most PS' can, it happens all the time with revisions. Do yourself a massive favor, and go into the 'JBI Surgeon Forums' here and ask for a few opinions (hint: Dr Revis), and see what makes you feel comfortable.

Good luck.
Iím really glad you said this. Thatís kinda what I was getting at but I didnít know how to articulate it without coming off like I was completely trying to scare her away from her current doctor or over the muscle placement.

Itís just best to find a Surgeon adept and comfortable performing all types of revision surgeries. This doctor sounds like she maybe isnít comfortable fixing the first pocket so she just makes new pockets.