Just Breast Implants Forum

Just Breast Implants Forum (https://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/)
-   General Breast Reconstruction (https://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/general-breast-reconstruction/)
-   -   Scared sick (https://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/general-breast-reconstruction/281745-scared-sick/)

bella84 01-20-2015 10:12 PM

Scared sick

So surgery is in about one day (January 22 @ 9am) and I'm beyond scared. This will be my first surgery and second time having anesthesia, last time I was 10 years old and it was for a minor procedure. I am scared out of my mind for the whole process especially the whole going to sleep part. I'm in desperate need of reassurance. Have any of you felt this way before surgery? How did you calm yourself down? Any words of advice? Thanks for everything ladies

TlynnL 01-20-2015 10:21 PM

I have had surgery multiple times, so I do not know what that fear is like. Just wanted to wish you the best. And let you know, you'll be fine. You'll do great. Try to find some peace before going under. I really believe mental attitude is important. For the best experience try to stay positive. There are meditation tapes for pre surgery, on of my Dr's made me listen every night for a week before surgery. I don't think it mattered for me, but would totally recommend something like that for you. Relax! You will do great!

bella84 01-20-2015 10:23 PM

Thank you TlynnL, I think I need to do some serious meditating lol

UniKitty 01-21-2015 12:00 AM

I've been under for my wisdom teeth, laproscopic surgery, a gum/tooth surgery, and then I've had two other conscious surgeries. I never had any complications with any, I just got the shakes so bad before all of them. They always thought I was cold, but at my last surgery my surgeon said it's some people's "Fight or Flight" kicking in! So once they settled my nerves I was fine :)

Titan 01-21-2015 07:08 AM

I've only had two other surgeries besides this last one (tonsils out when I was 5 and wisdom teeth out) . I also was scared but the nurses reassured me that I would be fine. I do not remember falling asleep at all. They gave me something right before they wheeled me out of my room. Last thing I remember was waving to my husband. Then I woke up and thought when are they going to get this thing started! It was already done.

One thing I would definitely ask about is anti nausea medicine. Anesthesia makes me very nauseous and I did not want to wake up sick. They put a patch on my neck and I had no nausea except one time when I stood for too long early after my surgery. I got really dizzy.

I think the anticipation of the surgery is far worse than the actual surgery and recovery. At least it was for me. I'm a worry wart! Good luck! You will do fine!

AshlieRose 01-21-2015 09:23 PM

I was so terrified of being put to sleep under anesthesia that I put off surgery for 10 !years!!!The days before I started having nightmares.I was so scared. When they took me in to the surgery room I looked back at my sons and it felt like it was the last time I was ever going to see them. I had to pull myself together in the bathroom when I changed into my surgical gown, socks, and cap because I felt like I was going to totally break down. Then I went to my bed and had the nicest nurse and doctor ever so I felt better. She gave me a gossip rag magazine to read and thats the last thing I remember. Then I woke up and it was all done and I was so happy I was brave enough to go through with it :)\
Piece.of.cake!!

mellen4152 01-23-2015 04:51 PM

I had my tonsils out in 2nd grade and that was the only procedure I had done till my BA. I was so freaked out I wrote up a love letter to my SO because I was terrified of going under. Take deep breaths because everything will be ok! My legs were shacking when I went in I layed on the table probably spoke a sentance to my PS and I was out! Woke up and waaahla I had a new me :) if you really want something go and get it! You dont want to question the what ifs just because your nervious system is on over drive! :)

jocomama 01-24-2015 03:02 PM

I just had to go under for the 2nd time in a year because my right implant deflated! My biggest fear in the world (no joke) was going under...until I had to for my first BA in Feb of 2014. It went so smooth that I wasn't nervous at all about it this past week. Probably because I really disliked having only one boob. Lol! Piece of cake. It is a nice, long uninterrupted nap. I never get those anymore with 2 babies. ;)

Subaru 01-25-2015 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by bella84 (Post 2743686)
So surgery is in about one day (January 22 @ 9am) and I'm beyond scared. This will be my first surgery and second time having anesthesia, last time I was 10 years old and it was for a minor procedure. I am scared out of my mind for the whole process especially the whole going to sleep part. I'm in desperate need of reassurance. Have any of you felt this way before surgery? How did you calm yourself down? Any words of advice? Thanks for everything ladies

How did you make out? :)

bella84 01-28-2015 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Subaru (Post 2746081)
How did you make out? :)

I lived! Lol! The surgery went great! The anesthesia was no big deal! No I'm at home just resting up and healing then back to work next week (I took I few extra days off) :)

JayCee24 02-02-2015 12:54 AM

I'm glad you got on ok! That also my biggest fear too, because i've actually NEVER had anesthesia. The closest i've come is a local numbing agent at the dentist =/