Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness > Hair, Nails, and Teeth

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hair, Nails, and Teeth Use this forum to discuss hair styles, hair products, coloring, waxing, eyebrow threading, hair transplants, manicures, pedicures, acrylic nails, at-home teeth whitening, and more.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By PorcelainPeach
  • 1 Post By ohiomommy
  • 1 Post By BarbarellaWanaB
  • 1 Post By Cupcake85

Going Blonde from Dark Brown w/ Pics --Tips please.

Old 10-28-2016, 08:02 AM

PorcelainPeach will become famous soon enough
Going Blonde from Dark Brown w/ Pics --Tips please.

I've began the process of taking my hair to blonde. I know it doesn't happen all at once. But, looking at where I am after my most recent visit...is this normal? It's a bit yellowish for my liking. I want it to be brighter...but maybe I'm being impatient and I can take another step in the right direction at my next visit...? I really don't like this shade with my skin tone. The picture I showed her was a lighter shade that had more dimension in my mind, but I imagine there's only so much she can do at one time. I'm not trying to be that girl who is mad at a stylist because I had unreasonable expectations and she DID tell me that she would TRY as if we might not get all the way there. In the mean time, I'll be using purple shampoo/conditioner and applying a coconut oil mask a night or two a week to try to combat the damage I'm doing. Any other tips/tricks are appreciated.

Natural:
hair.jpg
Next Step:
hair1.jpg
Most Recent: (the lighting kind of sucks in this one but it was dark outside)
hair3.jpg

Bongodrums likes this.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:12 AM

An attempt to take a shot of my hair in better lighting from work..The light is bad on the bun but the hair held by my hairband shows the color pretty well. Yes, rocking the bun today because I feel like I'm not myself with this hair and am trying to lessen the impact. Been a dark brunette all my life. Feels foreign.
hair4.jpg
Old 10-28-2016, 09:08 AM

ohiomommy is on a distinguished road
I think it looks very pretty!!!

PorcelainPeach likes this.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:09 PM

BarbarellaWanaB will become famous soon enough BarbarellaWanaB will become famous soon enough
I like your hair right now Porcelain. I think your hairdresser has done a great job so far. & you also have a good routine with the conditioning treatments a couple times a week.
Dark hair is not easy to get much lighter than you have now. Right now, it still looks healthy.

I will keep up with this thread to see what others chime in.

Old 10-28-2016, 04:38 PM
I <3 boobs

Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough
It looks good.

There's not much that can be done. Your hair will only lighten a certain number of shades each time and it's really an individual thing. The last thing you want is to push it too much and have your hair snap off.

Purple shampoo and conditioner is a great idea. Did your stylist use a toner after lightening it? I'm assuming she used bleach?

I've just gone for balayage and the very ends have gone lighter than the rest of the hair because it was lighter to begin with and we did foils not all over bleaching. I like my results but I'm going back before Xmas to have another lot of foils done to bring it up a bit more.

Keep treating your hair well with treatments and before you know it you will have your goal colour. To me your colour looks even and considering you started off with balayage she's done a great job getting it to lift evenly.

Old 10-28-2016, 05:14 PM

Thanks everyone. I think that it being new to me is just throwing me off. I'm finding flaws where maybe there aren't any.
Old 01-12-2021, 06:22 PM

Needamakeover is on a distinguished road
My stylist put two rounds of blonde highlights in my hair and while itís not blonde like most people imagine it is a beautiful caramel like blonde color and the best thing is it didnít damage my hair. So basically it took two trips to the salon for highlights to lighten my hair (my natural color is jet black so that should say a lot!)