Just Breast Implants Forum

Just Breast Implants Forum (https://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/)
-   Hair, Nails, and Teeth (https://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/hair-nails-teeth/)
-   -   Teeth whitening strips (https://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/hair-nails-teeth/304195-teeth-whitening-strips/)

Pammy P 10-16-2017 06:36 AM

Teeth whitening strips

Hi guys has anyone trued the teeth whitening strips, was thinking about giving them a go & what type of results did you get, but wanting to have it done professionally after my BA .

KayKay1206 10-16-2017 07:01 AM

the strips made my teeth and gums SO SENSITIVE!!! never could use them long enough to achieve any results

joyful 10-16-2017 09:35 PM

When I asked my dentist about having my teeth whitened he actually suggested just using whitening strips.

they work ok but I have found something that works better for me.

Crest 3d white brilliance- a 2 step toothpaste.. step one cleans your teeth, and step 2 is a whitening finisher.

You can use it twice a day, but I find if I use it after I have my morning coffee (which is why I have stained teeth) then once is enough.

I am pretty happy with the results.

swiftsally 11-16-2018 04:48 AM

I was just in for a cleaning and asked about whitening. My dentist suggested Crest 3D toothpaste and use the white strips for the first 3-4 days after cleaning to really jump start the process. Then use the strips once a week or as needed. My teeth are a bit sensitive to it but not terribly. Worth the pain! I also tried to switch from red to white wine! Coffee is a given! Good luck

Gummies4Me 11-16-2018 08:22 AM

I've used strips in the past they worked okay, what has worked the best for me is activated charcoal whitening powder. I have a separate toothbrush just for that. I also do a hydrogen peroxide rinse after brushing with the charcoal then I do my normal routine with my normal toothpaste. I do use crest products in my normal routine. The charcoal is messy but worth it it works and doesn't make my gums sensitive.

Oh and I drink coffee, tea, etc daily, red wine a couple days per week. I've had many compliments on my smile. Maybe I should post a photo of my teeth, I will try to get one without showing the rest of my face.

ohiomommy 11-18-2018 07:59 AM

I used them ut they affected my gums pretty bad-to the point they started to recede even. I havenít used them since and stick with whitening toothpaste

Lennev 11-25-2018 02:01 PM

Teeth whitening strips irritated my gums and honestly werenít that effective in whitening. The most effective whitening Iíve ever had i stumbled across by mistake and is not even made/marketed specifically to whiten. Itís called Uncle Harryís All Natural Tooth Powder.

bambibow 12-06-2018 07:26 PM

I used some professional whitening from a dentists office that was amazing and got me hooked on whitening. They made molds of my teeth so it worked very well.

after using strips of all kinds I started using a REALLY cheap $5 tube of whitening gel from walmart. I think it's called Plus White 5 minute whitening, it's my favorite now. I just glob it on my teeth and try to hold a smile pose for as long as I can while I shower and usually wait at least 10 mins before rinsing it off. I use it maybe once or twice a week and it really makes a difference. I don't see a bigger change with the strips at all and those would leave painful burnt spots on my gums.

Abdrea 09-06-2021 04:15 AM

hmm)))))))))))

Abdrea 09-10-2021 08:39 AM

Well, the teeth whitening strips are a good thing. However, it depends on a lot of factors. If your teeth are not that healthy, you should not use them. My sister had some terrible issues with her teeth, and when she used those strips, her teeth got very, very, very sensitive. She could not eat or drink anything hot or cold. Moreover, because of those strips, we had to make a homemade tooth filling that will last a while because the strips caused a cavity. The filling worked well until we visited the dentist.

magestick1 11-15-2021 02:21 AM

Teeth whitening strips can whiten your teeth by a shade or two and can act in as little as a few days.

pitanderson01 11-16-2021 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by magestick1 (Post 2965629)
Teeth whitening strips can whiten your teeth by a shade or two and can act in as little as a few days.

Keep in mind that although they're generally considered safe, teeth whitening strips contain some chemicals that can irritate the gums and mouth. The best way to use whitening strips is to cut them to the exact height of your teeth and apply them to your teeth, avoiding touching the gums as much as possible. At yorkshiredentalsuite.co.uk you can get Invisalign clear aligners. This treatment will give you straight teeth using a custom-made, removable aligner system.