Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum JBI Surgeon Forums

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

JBI Surgeon Forums In this forum, you can ask one of our sponsors questions about breast augmentation or other breast surgery procedures.

Tissue expanders and asymmetry

Old 04-16-2015, 06:13 PM

yasmine7 is on a distinguished road
Tissue expanders and asymmetry

My question is as follows- I am seeking a breast augmentation and lift to address breast asymmetry and lack of development of my right breast ( I might have a very mild case of Poland's syndrome, however the cause is unclear). I have emphasized to the two surgeons I've consulted with that my goal is to have more symmetry and breast size proportional to my body - i.e. a full B cup. I am 5'7" and weigh 120 pounds. My current breasts are A/B cup on my left side and AA on the right side. One surgeon strongly recommends using tissue expanders as I have very little tissue to work with on my right breast. The other surgeon does not want to use tissue expanders. I'm not sure who to go with.

#1 - One option presented is to use tissue expanders on both breasts. Then we would do a bilateral augmentation (and lift on the right side) in a subsequent surgery.

#2 - The other surgeon plans to do a bilateral augmentation and a lift on the right side, without use of tissue expanders. He would take the extra tissue needed by slightly lowering my breast creases on both sides, so the tissue would come from skin underneath the breast crease.

- Given that having two surgeries carries a higher risk of complications than one surgery alone, do you suggest that I do the surgery that does not entail tissue expanders?

- Do you think the result would be cosmetically better with use of tissue expanders? Might it be worth the extra time, expense, and effort of tissue expanders to do this?

- What are the risks of tissue expanders?

- I've heard that lowering the breast crease increase the chance of the implants "bottoming out" - should I avoid option #2 for this reason?

thanks for your feedback