Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum JBI Surgeon Forums

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

JBI Surgeon Forums In this forum, you can ask one of our sponsors questions about breast augmentation or other breast surgery procedures.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dr. Gabbay

High profile implants, but want side boob!!

Old 08-08-2015, 06:41 PM

Tayyybre is on a distinguished road
Unhappy High profile implants, but want side boob!!

So, little did I know about the shape that high profile implants would give me after my ba. Before my ba, my breasts were two different sizes (one A and one more on the B side). I got 350 CC and 400 CC high profile, silicone breast implants to help this issue and obviously add to my "barely there chest".

Unfortunately, before my ba I was SUPER perky, and I didn't realize that moderate profile would have given me the side boob/under boob, natural look I would have preferred. My boobs are now just so perky and full, but I have NO definition, no side boob or under boob flap if you know what I mean. Also, idk if this is the high profile issue or not, but because of how perky my breasts are, even if I wear the right cup size my nipples are so up that they are ALWAYS almost popping out of anything!! My ba was 2 years ago but this still upsets me. Any opinions on the matter?
Old 08-10-2015, 12:09 PM
Certified by the ABPS

Dr. Gabbay is on a distinguished road
Side boob with high profile implants

Hi Tayyybre...

Often the presence or absence of "side boob" has much to do with both the choice of implant as well as the specific technique the surgeon uses for your augmentation. Some surgeons will dissect a little more to the side than others, creating more side fullness. That said...doing so can take away from some of the projection of the augmentation. With proper planning it is still entirely possible to have great projection and a lovely side profile . For this reason, I strongly recommend looking at the results of the surgeon you have chosen to see if you like their "style."

I feel that if after two years, you are still unhappy with the amount of side projection your breasts have, you may want to consider a revision. Certainly, it is important to have an open and honest discussion with your surgeon or whoever you have chosen to see. It goes without saying that you should choose someone who is certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and has extensive experience in revisional breast surgery.

I wish you the best!

Dr. Gabbay,

soflagirl88 likes this.