Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum CC Amount / Size > Large Breast Implants

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Large Breast Implants This forum will be for discussing implants that are 700cc or larger. Although 700cc may not seem large to some, they are, generally, considered a larger size.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By heymom3

Am I being overcharged by Dr Revis?

Old 04-04-2021, 02:49 PM

RavenAsterisk is on a distinguished road
Am I being overcharged by Dr Revis?

I live in the UK and got a quote for $10,000 for saline implants between 800ccs and a max of 1000ccs. This is about 7200 which is a lot considering I have to factor in travel costs. I've seen people quoting around 4400 for 800cc implants from other reputable surgeons, so in wondering if this cost is a fair price.

I'm planning to have a consultation with Dr Plovier as well, but already I've seen that surgery starts from around 3800, and aren't all implants the same cost as long as they're not custom made? Correct me if I'm wrong That means I can get 800ccs for potentially far less than 7200.
Old 04-05-2021, 07:25 AM

heymom3 will become famous soon enough heymom3 will become famous soon enough
You are paying for his expertise and skill. First time implants are easier to do than revisions so they usually cost less. Larger implants are probably more complicated surgeries to perform (but I'm not a surgeon so just guessing). Is this your first BA? I have gone to him twice for revisions to fix the mess a prior surgeon left me with. I paid around $12000 since I needed strattice and internal bra. Wish I had skipped the surgeon who ruined my breast and just went to Revis. Also, Dr Revis uses the hospital operating room and not his own surgical center so the hospital dictates some of the cost he is charging for your surgery.

Shellibelle likes this.
Old 04-06-2021, 06:00 AM

twinpearls is on a distinguished road
I cannot offer much here, except for a couple insights that came to mind.
First, I would not assume all surgeons charge the same price for implants, even if the implants are identical and not custom. Pricing structures and supply chain stuff can get very grey and convoluted. I would never assume I can shop an item from one vendor and see the exact same price at another vendor. There are middle men and price markup occurring everywhere, most of it hidden from us. Only heavily regulated stuff (e.g., petroleum, commodities) can you more easily tell what is going on with the pricing. But even then, it still can be convoluted.

Second, you are in the UK. Follow Dr. Plovier on Instagram. His IG stories are updated daily and show some great work. You may save lots of money since he's much closer to you.