Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum CC Amount / Size > Large Breast Implants

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Large Breast Implants This forum will be for discussing implants that are 700cc or larger. Although 700cc may not seem large to some, they are, generally, considered a larger size.

Does Victoria Secret measure correctly?

Old 07-16-2010, 12:50 PM

KellyKel74 is on a distinguished road
Does Victoria Secret measure correctly?

I went bra hunting today and went into VS to get measured..

The girl wrapped the measuring tape OVER the top portion of my breast (not the nipple line), and said--you are about a 36 D.

WHAT?

So I went into Fredericks, and the girl wrapped the measuring tape BELOW my breasts which came out to 31" Then she took a second measurement right at the highest point of projection of my breasts.. (nipple line in most cases). She did some calculations in her head and said I was a 32 F (which is the same as a 32DDDD in US measurements).

So who is right? I think those numbers are WAY off.

Thanks ladies!

KellyKel74's plastic surgeon is Tom Pousti, M.D.
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 07-16-2010, 01:31 PM

DixieGirl is on a distinguished road
Wow, that's strange! I haven't been into FOH yet, but I want to go soon. I do think it's a little strange how VS measures above the breasts. They measured me a wk ago, and said I am a 34 D. It sounds right to me, and I tried on both 34s and 36s, and I liked the feel of the 36 D better. The lady in the dressing room told me that the 36 D was the sister size to a DD. Hmm interesting, huh. The cups in the 34 seemed to be smaller to me than in the 36, so that's why I asked her about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to DixieGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2010, 02:13 PM

julytwins is on a distinguished road
I think it might be a special "Victoria's Secret" style of measurement. If you go to their website, they tell you to measure your band size from your back, up above to the top of your bust.

Wear a non-padded bra and use a soft
tape measure. Hold the tape measure
around your back at band level. Then
bring it to the front, just above your bust.

I'm pretty sure everywhere else in the world does it like Fredericks.
The Following User Says Thank You to julytwins For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2010, 02:35 PM

Narny is on a distinguished road
From what I have read VS is notoriously bad at measuring. Most girls here go to Nordstroms to get measured. HTH
The Following User Says Thank You to Narny For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2010, 02:39 PM

Tink is on a distinguished road
VS measured me at a 36B. I ended up just grabbing some bras and trying on different sizes. Ended up getting a 34D. Went in to Dillard's and the lady sized me at 34D.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tink For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2010, 02:57 PM

Cupcakes3 is on a distinguished road
I have read that people can do both methods of measuring, although I think measuring around the top is much less common. But to answer your question about who is correct - you're the only one who can answer that. Which bra fits you the best? Besides, measuring is only going to give you a ball park. I "measure" at a 36, but they are way too big for me and I really need a 34 or even a 32.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cupcakes3 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2010, 03:00 PM

Cupcakes3 is on a distinguished road
Also, I just looked at your pictures again, and I would say you are AT LEAST a 32 F, or maybe a G. Not that I am an expert, but you look like you have a small rib cage and a very large bust measurement, and the bigger the difference between those two, the bigger the cup will be. You look great by the way!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Cupcakes3 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2010, 03:24 PM
Another Revis Girl - Live Beautifully!

Lizabet is a jewel in the rough Lizabet is a jewel in the rough Lizabet is a jewel in the rough
Um - you are not a 36D. I have 397s and even accounting for different ribcages etc - I am a 34DD. VS could not measure their way down a ruler. I am convinced they make up a size so that you will "fit" into their products - or some other delusional thing like that. I agree with cupcakes3 - you are much bigger than that! Nordies is good or any specialty shop that sells larger sizes is the place to go initially - they know how to measure!

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to Lizabet For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2010, 03:35 PM

vxandraxv is on a distinguished road
I agree with cupcake...you are at least a G cup. Your boobs look huge compared to mine and I'm a 32F(DDD) or 30G. You may be a 32GG. Find a specialty store or a Nordies in your area.
The Following User Says Thank You to vxandraxv For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2010, 04:01 PM

hopetohavedds is on a distinguished road
I can tell you this, I have a friend with naturally large breasts. VS measured her at a 38D. When she told me this I thought no way. No way!! She is a bigger girl and there is no way that she is either a 38 nor a D. She went into Lane Bryants this last week and measured her at a 40DDD. Nice!!
The Following User Says Thank You to hopetohavedds For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2010, 05:30 PM

Yonae is on a distinguished road
Most dept. stores, VS and FOH are the worst in measuring customers for bras. The only exception is Nordstroms or a bra specialty store. I went to 2 dept. stores and they suggested a 32DD. That was the size I wore before my revision. I went to a bra specialty store and i was measured by band size (below the breasts) first and then I was told that the best way to know my size was to literally measure by cup and that would mean trying on bras. Her guess was FF and she was correct. So she sized me to be a 28FF and 30FF depending on designer. I found the same bras at Nordstroms that the bra specialty store sold me for $5 less. But it was worth going in there to be sized correctly. I have been told that Nordstroms does a good job sizing customers for bras and they have a great selection too. Good luck!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Yonae For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2010, 05:50 PM

Christina is on a distinguished road
I agree with the others here: you are bigger than a 32DDDD (G). I've been wearing a 32FF (G) , and you're bigger than I am.

Let's start with your band size...

With a bra on, measure where the band lies directly under your breasts and evenly around your back. Take the measuring tape and cinch it comfortably tight. We do not want a loose measurement here. Write this number down.
Actual band measurement Band size
Less than 27 inches 30 band
27 - 29 inches 32 band
29 - 32 inches 34 band

Now, cup size....

Take the measuring tape and measure loosely around the fullest part of your bust. Make sure the tape is even around front and back. Write this number down.

Get your pen and paper out....

Subtract the actual band measurement (the first number you wrote down), from the second number. This is the only part that's a little tricky... Do NOT subtract your band size from the cup size. For example: if your band measurement is 30" and your cup measurement is 32", then the difference between these measurements is 2 inches, and you'd wear a B-cup.
1-inch difference A Cup
2-inch difference B Cup
3-inch difference C Cup
4-inch difference D Cup
5-inch difference E Cup
6-inch difference F Cup

This is from the ZOVO Lingerie web-site. It seems like each bra maker is a little different as I can wear between a 30E and a 32FF, depending on who makes the bra.

Good Luck and Happy Bra hunting.
The Following User Says Thank You to Christina For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2010, 09:07 AM

Katiegirl is on a distinguished road
I was measured a 32DD @ VS. I then went to Younkers and tried on a Calvin Klein & Bali bra, both in 32DD and those fit as well. It probably depends on who measures you, if she has any idea how to properly do it...Go somewhere else and try on bras, see how those feel/fit.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:21 AM

GodsBeauty is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by KellyKel74 View Post
I went bra hunting today and went into VS to get measured..

The girl wrapped the measuring tape OVER the top portion of my breast (not the nipple line), and said--you are about a 36 D.

WHAT?

So I went into Fredericks, and the girl wrapped the measuring tape BELOW my breasts which came out to 31" Then she took a second measurement right at the highest point of projection of my breasts.. (nipple line in most cases). She did some calculations in her head and said I was a 32 F (which is the same as a 32DDDD in US measurements).

So who is right? I think those numbers are WAY off.

Thanks ladies!

My PS specifically told me not to go to Victoria's Secret to get sized for bras. Reason being is they order a large amount of certain sizes in their inventory, and just focus on selling those units, rather than measuring for your actual size lol

At a certain point, he said ALL of his patients with varying sizes were coming back saying they sized them at 34-36 C

So yea...you might wanna go elsewhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to GodsBeauty For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2010, 09:31 AM

V.M.BrownEyes will become famous soon enough V.M.BrownEyes will become famous soon enough
I don't trust any lingerie stores for that sort of thing, I would go to Nordstroms if I were you. They tend to actually train their fitters. I worked for a Foley's and I had to go through training classes to learn how to size and what types of bras worked best on which body types. Also bear in mind just because you are a band/cup size in one brand doesn't mean you will be the same in another brand because, unfortunately, all sizes are not equal.
The Following User Says Thank You to V.M.BrownEyes For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2010, 12:47 PM

KellyKel74 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Christina View Post
I agree with the others here: you are bigger than a 32DDDD (G). I've been wearing a 32FF (G) , and you're bigger than I am.

Let's start with your band size...

With a bra on, measure where the band lies directly under your breasts and evenly around your back. Take the measuring tape and cinch it comfortably tight. We do not want a loose measurement here. Write this number down.
Actual band measurement Band size
Less than 27 inches 30 band
27 - 29 inches 32 band
29 - 32 inches 34 band

Now, cup size....

Take the measuring tape and measure loosely around the fullest part of your bust. Make sure the tape is even around front and back. Write this number down.

Get your pen and paper out....

Subtract the actual band measurement (the first number you wrote down), from the second number. This is the only part that's a little tricky... Do NOT subtract your band size from the cup size. For example: if your band measurement is 30" and your cup measurement is 32", then the difference between these measurements is 2 inches, and you'd wear a B-cup.
1-inch difference A Cup
2-inch difference B Cup
3-inch difference C Cup
4-inch difference D Cup
5-inch difference E Cup
6-inch difference F Cup

This is from the ZOVO Lingerie web-site. It seems like each bra maker is a little different as I can wear between a 30E and a 32FF, depending on who makes the bra.

Good Luck and Happy Bra hunting.

I measured at a 32G using this system- thanks!

I would love to go to a Nordstroms, but unfortunately there isnt any in my area- I live in farmville lol.

KellyKel74's plastic surgeon is Tom Pousti, M.D.
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 07-17-2010, 01:28 PM
BFH
My name is babyfromheaven and I am a bra-aholic.

BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of
Christina's method is a great one to find a place to start. It measures me at the size I wear. I'd start with that 32G and go from there to try and find a good fit. There isn't anything in the good old state of NM for you that is for sure. FOH fit me in a 32Fish (on the tightest hook I can wear it) so there is no way you are a 32DDD/F.

Your bras are going to be crazy expensive. I bet you still have some fluff left too. Figleaves has a great return and exchange policy. They carry a lot of UK brands that are made in bigger cup sizes. My personal favorite is ebay.uk after finding out what size I need in a particular brand.

Good luck hun!

BFH's plastic surgeon is Don R. Revis, Jr., M.D, F.A.C.S
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE