Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Mole Removal after implants

Old 10-26-2010, 09:04 AM

thegals is on a distinguished road
Question Mole Removal after implants

Has anyone out there had a mole removed from your breast area after implants? I got implants 10+ years ago and I have a mole that needs to be taken off with the "punch" thing. It can't be frozen, scraped, etc. I'm worried about the needle the doctor will use to numb me puncturing the implant. I saw a dermatologist about it and he seems confident that it won't affect anything because it "won't be that deep," but I'm still concerned. Any experiences with this out there?

Thanks.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:48 AM

Bella Daniela is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by thegals View Post
Has anyone out there had a mole removed from your breast area after implants? I got implants 10+ years ago and I have a mole that needs to be taken off with the "punch" thing. It can't be frozen, scraped, etc. I'm worried about the needle the doctor will use to numb me puncturing the implant. I saw a dermatologist about it and he seems confident that it won't affect anything because it "won't be that deep," but I'm still concerned. Any experiences with this out there?

Thanks.
if you have unders it should not be a problem at all! good luck!
Old 10-26-2010, 09:52 AM
From Boobs to Knees...A New Body Please!

twingirlz is on a distinguished road
Thank you for asking this question. I am going to have a few moles removed in January and am a little concerned about the one on my chest. I guess we just have to make sure the Derm. knows we have implants and to be aware, so as not to damage them.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:58 AM

laineycakes has a spectacular aura laineycakes has a spectacular aura
Discuss it with your dermatologist. I have had many moles removed and they do not go very deep unless something comes back from pathology.

Actually have one that my bra used to rub on and irritate near my armpit and thanks to the implants has moved it away and now it doesn't bother me.

Should not be a big thing. Don't stress. :-)
Old 10-26-2010, 10:12 AM
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

mooboobies is just really nice mooboobies is just really nice mooboobies is just really nice mooboobies is just really nice
I get lidocaine injections in my left breast once per month, and they poke me about 5-10 times. They inject right under the surface and do so completely sideways (it runs under the skin, not into the skin and tissue straight down).

I have this done for laser tattoo removal, and I've been doing it for nearly a year now with no problems. Having that said, due to my implant type, I doubt it would matter even if he did hit my implants. Mine are unders, but I started with nothing, so there's not much space between my skin and my implants.

Just make sure you stress to them the importance of not hitting your implant, especially if you have saline implants.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:07 AM

danzn16 is a jewel in the rough danzn16 is a jewel in the rough danzn16 is a jewel in the rough
i have had moles removed and they are so close to the surface there's no way in heck and licensed physician would go so deep as to puncture an implant. it's only like 1cm deep, just shaving off. i would definitely let them know if you have implants though. i have a mole on my breast and i'm worried hwo it will look after BA. i dont know if it will stretch cuz my skin will stretch? a stretched mole has got to gross! lol. it's on the upper part though
Old 10-26-2010, 11:59 AM

harperlou will become famous soon enough harperlou will become famous soon enough
If you are worried could you have your PS or another PS remove the mole? I have my PS remove all of mine anymore because the dermatologist just hacked them out and left me with big scars.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:56 AM

thegals is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the responses! I do have "unders" and they are saline. I had it done in 1997. Time flies when you're having fun. LOL I just found this site yesterday and started reading some of the posts by ladies and I remember all the feelings and questions I had way back when. I remember the first time I went bathing suit shopping post-op. Nirvana!

Again, thanks for your comments. I may get a PS opinion just to see what his/her thoughts are. When I had the surgery I did not have much tissue of my own. At my last mammogram, though, it appeared that I have more tissue now. (Which, of course, makes perfect sense since I've gained weight!!) The mole is on the left inside near the center of your chest which doesn't feel like a "fatty" area. Does that make sense? It probably will be okay and the dermatologist won't go very deep, BUT I was just a little concerned. I'll get my second opinion and see what happens. I definitely don't want any problems and have to go through another surgery. I remember that all too well!