Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Hair removal

Old 05-30-2007, 08:13 PM

snork is on a distinguished road
Hair removal

I know this isn't very surgical, but I am wondering what the cost of that is - I tried to google it, but it's all veyr nonspecific, with ranges for costs per session and ranges of sessions.. Has anyone done it here? I'm looking at underarms and legs.

Thanks ladies
Old 05-30-2007, 08:15 PM

Lilbit is on a distinguished road
Are you talking about laser hair removal or waxing?
Old 05-30-2007, 08:24 PM

laser, laser!! sorry.

I can DO waxing.. lol
Old 05-30-2007, 09:27 PM

rhijennings is on a distinguished road
I am in the process of having my underarms done and have had 2 sessions. Alreay I have only had to shave a few stray hairs off. They say it can take from 3 to 6 sessions. Im not sure of the cost I got it for free with my BA. I am going to look into the legs and the brazillian though.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:31 PM

Lilbit is on a distinguished road
The lady who waxes my legs is in the process of having her under arms done and told me that it's $150 per session.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:16 AM

FlatGirl21 is on a distinguished road
I've had 2 sessions of IPL (intense pulsed light, similar to laser but I believe less painful?) on my underarms and brazilian and I think the hair has reduced by about half. for about a month after each session it looks like nearly all the hairs have gone but actually some are just not in a growing phase. So it looks like the hair grows back, but apparently the ones it truly 'got' don't. It's supposed to take 3-5 sessions to get rid of pretty much all the hair and this is permanent, but I think I'm gonna need the full 5, if not more, especially on brazilian.
I pay £75 per session for underarms and £125 for brazilian.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:41 AM

is it really permanent?

i am trying to do all types of reasearch - it looks like it regrows..?? or may regrow? does anyone know anything about this? Like, american laser center's website says something about "guarantee hari wont' regrow ....for two years" ? what happens after the two years?
Old 06-06-2007, 03:21 PM

jenuttuhl is on a distinguished road
Wink

Hey, i do laser hair removal for a living!!

Every place has different prices...let me know what you were thinking about doing, and ill give you an average price.

With the regrowth...hair grows in cycles...so when we kill the hair thats in the anagen stage..thats going to shed...but the NEW hair growth beneath that dead follicule, is going to push the dead one out.

Keep in mind, its only permanent hair REDUCTION. anyone telling you otherwise is lying. its not permanent hair REMOVAL. legally we cant call it removal, because there are a number of internal things we have no control over that could make hair grow back.

With ALC saying they have a 2 year guarn. that just a safety net for you, if any hair grows back here and there. it doesnt mean it comes back after 2 years. But who knows with American...not the best equipment. i had treatments there b4 i got in the business.

But for the most part...you'll be extremely happy with your results(if you're getting treated with a quality laser and a good tech.)

i couldnt tell you the last time i shaved my armpits.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:20 PM

L.A.nxious is on a distinguished road
I have gotten laser done on underarms, bikini and face at a point in time. It cost me $125 per 15 minute session and each of the aforementioned areas could be done within 15 minutes. I was informed ahead of time that in order for the removal/reduction to work best there had to be a high contrast between the hair and skin pigment (ie. fair skinned person w/dark hair = good results, darker skinned person w/fine hair = not good results). I fell into the later category on my face and even after getting about 5 treaments the hair did eventually grow back months later. On my underarms and bikini the treatments did work but I stopped going regularly so it grew back too with time. I know there was some new and improved laser that supposedly worked better on dark skinned people so I'd assume that the better quality the laser is the better it works for all skin and hair types. HTH! Sucks to be hairy
Old 06-06-2007, 04:20 PM

L.A.nxious is on a distinguished road
sorry! the post duplicated

Last edited by L.A.nxious; 06-06-2007 at 04:21 PM. Reason: duplicate post