Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Q about Laser Hair Removal

Old 06-26-2007, 09:51 PM

vanessa323 is on a distinguished road
Question Q about Laser Hair Removal

hey ladies, how's everyone, great i hope. im thinking about getting laser hair removal done on my underarms. i just got this idea today & started doing some research so i still dont know a whole lot. im confused about something tho... is it done by a doctor or tech??? ive read of course to have it done by someone "qualified" but some websites say that the techs are supervised by a doctor or medical supervisor??? i found a couple of doctors online that are board certified dermatologists in my city so i guess im gonna call & ask if the doctor does the treatments or a tech.

another weird question, i cant find much info on pre/post treatments. most info i find is short & vague. i assume you cant wear deoderant prior to the treatment but can you start wearing deoderant soon after your treatments? how long does the pain last? like will you be hurting while you are driving home? silly questions haha, but i dont think i know anyone who's had this done. thanks = )
Old 06-26-2007, 10:37 PM

rhijennings is on a distinguished road
I had the ILP on my underarms and it is great. My ps did it and he had a tech in there with him. It really didnt hurt more like a small pinch. I would do it again and want to look into getting legs and brazillian done!!
The Following User Says Thank You to rhijennings For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2007, 09:38 AM

karenb will become famous soon enough
I agree with Rhiannon, it doesn't hurt, more like a pinch during the procedure. That's it. No pain after. They will put an ice pad on the treated area for a few minutes afterwards and you are good to go. It's great for underamrs. I had the brazilian done, but it doesn't work as well in that area.
The Following User Says Thank You to karenb For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2007, 09:43 AM
Just One Bite --

YummeeCookee is on a distinguished road
I sometimes hear ads for it on the radio . . like American Laser Center, etc. Are these reputable places to go to? Also anyone have any info on the costs?
Old 06-29-2007, 02:23 PM

vanessa323 is on a distinguished road
hi Bea, i was wondering about my skin color too & how laser treatments would work w/my skin color but i think it'll be okay for the underarms. they are not tan at all b/c i never wear short sleeve shirts, sorry if tmi. but thats part of the reason i dont like sleeveless shirts, i dont like my underarms. i read that light-fair skin w/darker hair will have good results so i dunno... we'll see.

Carli, im still trying to find out the same thing. theres alot of places that advertise "affordable" laser treatments. from what ive read i think there are techs who can do it. im trying to figure out how you know if they are reputable places. but ive also read about going to a board certified dermatologist. i think the prices range anywhere from like $200-350 per treatment & you need about 4-6 sessions from what ive been reading. im still doing some reading up on it but i think im going for it, when ive got the $ that is. the website im currently looking at is hairremovaljournal.org
The Following User Says Thank You to vanessa323 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2007, 03:25 PM

I paid $700 for 7 sessions for the underarm (wich worked great) and 1500 for 7 sessions for the brazilian (wich I feel was money down the drain)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karenb For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2007, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by bealotus82 View Post
good luck with that Vanessa
I would love to get that done everywhere,legs,brazilian,you name it!
but i've heard that because i have naturally tan olive skin that the laser won't detect my hairs because they blend with my skin color. bummer! i am going to start getting information of laser and electrolysis.
Bea, I think your skintone and mine are similar. It was no issue