Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By marblemamma
  • 1 Post By fromb2c
  • 1 Post By waterqueen

freckling and age spots

Old 06-06-2011, 01:32 PM

D0ubleCupL0ve<3 is on a distinguished road
freckling and age spots

I have a ton of freckleing and age spots on my chest. I have new beautiful boobies, but i still have these spots. Has anyone ever had age sports removed before? how does it work?
Old 08-12-2011, 04:32 PM
bewbsforthewin!

bewbsftw is on a distinguished road
spots and freckling

If you haven't looked into Obagi products you definitely should! (It's not only for the face but can benefit any skin you need to recondition... chest, neck etc)

I had full ablative Co2 laser resurfacing done last november and there is the possibility that you can develop patches of hypo/hyper pigmentation. I did develop some spots of hyper-pigmentation which are very much like age spots and the esthetician at my PS office suggested Obagi products. I purchased the Obagi Condition and Enhance system and it amazed me that I actually got the results it promised.

It can seem quite expensive though... an entire kit can cost anywhere from $300-500, and I believe that it can/should only be purchased through your esthetician or PS. I know you can purchase it online at various places, but I don't suggest doing so. Retin-A (topical cream and specifically not Retin-A Micro) is a prescription that is used in combination with the system to help the cellular turnover rate and combat against wrinkles as a bonus (yay!) and this is something only your esthetician or PS/Dermatologist can prescribe. I have sensitive skin and after calculating up the cost of what each product would cost me at the Clinique counter, It really wasn't that much difference considering I was buying a total system to change the condition of my skin. Also, as you use individual items up you can substitute back your own personal favorites and just repurchase your needed Obagi favorites for your maintenance program.

The initial co2 laser resurfacing I had done did wonders to begin with on my face as far as scar revision and removing old skin layers so new healthy skin would grow. It reduced my scars about 30-40% However it does not help with things like blackheads, pimples, large pores, and sometimes isn't successful with freckles, uneven skin tones, uneven skin textures etc. So after I healed and was left with still patchy tone and texture, I needed a complete system to get my new skin in shape. It lightened not only the hyper-pigmentation I had, but also the freckles I had acquired from sun damage. My skin always was super dry and needed moisturizer and even then it seemed like I could never find that perfect balance to my face. The first few weeks of using the Obagi system you will be super dry, and flakey, and red... but after you continue to use it for a week or two.. things balance out, it promotes your skin to do its job. In the end, I no longer have to worry about moisturizer, and all these sorts of products... I use my simple facewash... and toner... and my skin continues to do the job its supposed too. The system could possibly work wonders for you as well and lighten your spots and freckles by promoting a healthy cellular turnover rate helping you shed those pigmented layers. Worth a shot as far as the noninvasive route, next step up from that I believe would be utilizing the use of lasers to target the spots which can start to run up into the thousands of dollars... my surgery cost $4300... I think the lasers used on hyper-pigmentation and freckles start in the 500-1000 dollar ranges, but they require several sessions of course to provide any results.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:29 PM

marblemamma is on a distinguished road
I had an IPL laser done on my chest a couple months ago. The sun spots, freckles peel off. Not invasive. It helped a lot. I still have some red spots. I will need to get another one. Not unusual to need more than one. I have had it on my face and its amazing. Had one a couple years ago and just had another. My face was $350.00 and chest the same. Well worth it.

Blondie329 likes this.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:40 PM

fromb2c is on a distinguished road
THANK YOU! I just scheduled IPL and was searching the boards for this!!! :)

THANK YOU! I just scheduled IPL and was searching the boards for this!!!

Originally Posted by marblemamma View Post
I had an IPL laser done on my chest a couple months ago. The sun spots, freckles peel off. Not invasive. It helped a lot. I still have some red spots. I will need to get another one. Not unusual to need more than one. I have had it on my face and its amazing. Had one a couple years ago and just had another. My face was $350.00 and chest the same. Well worth it.

Blondie329 likes this.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:33 PM
Keep your blood clean, body lean, and your mind sharp

waterqueen will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by D0ubleCupL0ve<3 View Post
I have a ton of freckleing and age spots on my chest. I have new beautiful boobies, but i still have these spots. Has anyone ever had age sports removed before? how does it work?
Give them to me!!! I think freckles/age spots are sooo beautiful!

LeNoob likes this.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:35 PM

pinktulip is on a distinguished road
Lemon juice... as easy as that .
Old 12-18-2012, 07:57 PM
PM me if you need me, On a JBI Vacay! :)

LeNoob has a spectacular aura LeNoob has a spectacular aura
Okay, so I'm black and I don't know much about age spots. My mom has freckles though. Are you sure you have age spots? You're only 25 and you're a New Yorker like me. My doctor actually told me that we up north don't get much exposure and thus we're highly deficient in Vitamin D.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:35 PM

Babaloobins is on a distinguished road
Retin-A is the number one anti aging product on the market.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:39 PM

hunny13 is on a distinguished road
Photo facials are good, IPL I believe is the laser for that. Check groupon and living social. I just saw one (in my area) for 2 IPL treatments for $100. Usually they run 250-350 each! I'm getting one ASAP. I have an age spot that's driving me insane
Old 02-28-2013, 06:34 PM

jemma78 is on a distinguished road
I have freckles all over and I am considering CO2 laser....anyone here get CO2. I agree Obagi is great, but takes soo long. I may just start now with it anyways.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:24 AM
3rd time lucky!

Snugg-uk is on a distinguished road
mild lactic acid and vitamin c serum is all i use with a good suncream. Im 45 and i dont have a single mark on my hands :-)
Old 03-02-2013, 05:59 AM

Blondie329 is on a distinguished road
IPL is def the way to go - I would wait til you are healed up though before doing it - but you have to stay committed to staying out of the sun afterwards or at least wearing high sunscreen if u go in sun....you will scab and peel after but I know the results are great - I'm planning to do it on my face in about 6 months to get rid of some minor sun damage....

I have stayed out of the sun for the past 3-4 years. I used to be a sun goddess!! Not anymore!! Sunbathing is sooo bad for you and wrecks your skin - and I'm with u - I don't want a chest full of spots - esp with these beautiful new knockers we just payed for . I'm 36 but people think I'm in my 20's because I take such good care of my skin...it's worth it!!!

Let me know what u end up doing for your chest...IPL is very affordable...