Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Ques on LHR Etiquette

Old 07-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Just One Bite --

YummeeCookee is on a distinguished road
Ques on LHR Etiquette

I went for my 2nd laser hair removal session yesterday and I noticed something in the office that I hadnt the first time around (maybe bc I was too excited/nervous/anxious?). They had a sign saying "gratuities appreciated" or something like that along w the little envelopes so you can leave it for your technician.
I kind of found this to be tacky but didnt want to be offensive or "gip" my tech so I left all the cash I had w me. So my question to you ladies is, have you heard of this before? Do you normally leave a tip for your laser tech and if so, can I ask what is appropriate aside from the obvious 15-20%?

I always tip for other services related to my appearance but I had just assumed when you get into these more expensive cosmetic procedures that a tip was not necessary/expected. I never tipped my dental hygenist when I had my teeth lasered white - whoops. Maybe I am just out of touch?

Thanks!
Old 07-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Just One Bite --

YummeeCookee is on a distinguished road
nobody??

Old 07-13-2011, 11:32 AM

nabi is on a distinguished road
i shadowed a plastic surgeon for two years and they did lhr in their office and i have never heard of this.
it seems unprofessional ... i wonder what it takes to become a lhr technician and how much it pays.

weird.

i'm thinking about getting some lhr so i will ask about it when i call lol
The Following User Says Thank You to nabi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2011, 12:56 PM

Piccolo is on a distinguished road
As an RN I did LHR for a while. I got presents and tips every now and again, but I did always feel uncomfortable with it because I knew a lot of my clients were already strapped after paying for an expensive procedure. But RN's just aren't used to that. I do think it's a little rude to ask for a tip. But some of my clients gave me presents because we became friends, or sometimes I would get a tip because I didn't burn someone who has been burned before, etc. But it was very few and far between. It should be your choice if you want to tip or not.

Piccolo's plastic surgeon is Tom Pousti, M.D.
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to Piccolo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2012, 08:23 AM
LLJ

LLJ is on a distinguished road
I'm unsure about this as well. But I always end up tipping at the spa. I figure...I tip my hair stylist because its a personal service and there is nothing more personal than your vajayjay LOL! I have never had LHR but I have had a brazilian wax multiple times and I tip them. On the other hand, I have never tip my doctor or dentist, not even for teeth whitening. I guess my rule of thumb is a tip is a reward for them to going out of their way to make you extra comfortable and pamper you a bit more. So, if I'm at the spa getting pampered, I tip. If I'm at the doc's office I don't. HTH