Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Can Stretch Marks.........

Old 07-09-2007, 10:29 AM

berleekim is on a distinguished road
Question Can Stretch Marks.........

Be surgically removed? I have very large 6" + 1" scars all over my hips and tummy.I almost would rather them be sutured and be left with a thin line to deal with.Any thoughts?
Old 07-09-2007, 10:45 AM

Kerri is on a distinguished road
I asked my PS this very question at my last PO appointment. He said "Save your money, there is nothing you can do." He basically said, if there was something out there that truly worked - it would be a billion dollar industry and we would all know about it. He said some PS' claim laser works but he said there has not been one study to prove that it works, but there have been studies to prove it doesn't work. I know...not what you wanted to hear. There are couple of ladies on this site that swear Strivectin helpd diminish the appearance. I might give it try - it couldn't hurt.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:13 PM

HockeyBabe17 is a jewel in the rough HockeyBabe17 is a jewel in the rough HockeyBabe17 is a jewel in the rough
Just out of curiosity, can they lazer stretch marks?? I know they can do stuff like that with freckles & skin discoloration, is there something like that for stretch marks too?
Old 07-11-2007, 05:18 AM

Kerri is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HockeyBabe17 View Post
Just out of curiosity, can they lazer stretch marks?? I know they can do stuff like that with freckles & skin discoloration, is there something like that for stretch marks too?

My PS said the lasers do not work. The way he explained it is stretch marks are inverted scars so it wouldn't work.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kerri For This Useful Post: