Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Laser hair removal

Old 07-23-2007, 02:14 PM

britmichelle is on a distinguished road
Laser hair removal

Hey
does anyone know much about laser hair removal?
Im going for a consultation next week, hoping to get bikini line and under arms done.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:57 PM

FlatGirl21 is on a distinguished road
I've had 2 sessions of IPL, brazilian (£125 per session) and underarms (£75 per session). This is Intense Pulsed Light similar to laser not sure about the relative pros and cons but you are sposed to have 3-5 sessions, I've had 2 and the hair has reduced permanently to about half. Can't afford any more sessions right now! HTH
Old 07-23-2007, 03:11 PM

hipmama is on a distinguished road
I don't have any info yet, but I am going to look into it for this fall. Sorry I can't help, but am curious about responses!
Old 07-24-2007, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by FlatGirl21 View Post
I've had 2 sessions of IPL, brazilian (125 per session) and underarms (75 per session). This is Intense Pulsed Light similar to laser not sure about the relative pros and cons but you are sposed to have 3-5 sessions, I've had 2 and the hair has reduced permanently to about half. Can't afford any more sessions right now! HTH
thanks for that.
i see you are studying maths....is that a degree? I may need your help, i start uni in sept to train to be a maths teacher! must be mad
Old 07-24-2007, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by hipmama View Post
I don't have any info yet, but I am going to look into it for this fall. Sorry I can't help, but am curious about responses!
i will let you know what happens!
Old 07-26-2007, 12:38 PM

Hi Michelle haven't been on in a couple days so sorry didn't get back sooner yeah I am doing a BSc Honours degree at Edinburgh University, have done 2 years, 2 more years to go. Start 3rd year this september, this year is worth half of my final degree eek!
Yeah no problem I'd love to help you if you need it, just PM me and we can correspnd by email or msn if you like. Good luck!
So is that like a PGCE for Maths or something?
Old 07-26-2007, 02:05 PM

Hi Michelle haven't been on in a couple days so sorry didn't get back sooner yeah I am doing a BSc Honours degree at Edinburgh University, have done 2 years, 2 more years to go. Start 3rd year this september, this year is worth half of my final degree eek!
Yeah no problem I'd love to help you if you need it, just PM me and we can correspnd by email or msn if you like. Good luck!
So is that like a PGCE for Maths or something?
Yes I will be doing the 2 year PGCE. Ordinarily it would be 1 year but i dont have a maths degree, I got A grade A level but that was 12 years ago and I am worried it wont come back to me!
Old 07-26-2007, 02:22 PM

I'm sure it will, you've got 2 years and it's not like it'll be totally all new stuff.. So have to know/be able to teach? up to A-Level standard by the end of it or higher?
I hope I can remember as well, the stuff we are doing is getting really weird and abstract now it has absolutely no relevance to anything (except the applied modules) and makes my brain cry sometimes! Love it tho. Good luck x
Old 07-26-2007, 02:26 PM

I'm sure it will, you've got 2 years and it's not like it'll be totally all new stuff.. So have to know/be able to teach? up to A-Level standard by the end of it or higher?
I hope I can remember as well, the stuff we are doing is getting really weird and abstract now it has absolutely no relevance to anything (except the applied modules) and makes my brain cry sometimes! Love it tho. Good luck x
I love maths too! wierdos arent we! Wish I had done the degree and not a podiatry one. Dont know what i was thinking!
Theoretically I could teach to A level but they concentrate on GCSE as not many schools have sixth forms now, phew!
Old 07-26-2007, 02:28 PM

I think if you got an A for the A-Level 12 years ago you will be absolutely fine.. it'll come back pretty quickly once you get in to it I reckon. Let me know if you get stuck with anything, will be happy to help!
Old 08-08-2007, 08:48 PM

Phenomom will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by britmichelle View Post
Hey
does anyone know much about laser hair removal?
Im going for a consultation next week, hoping to get bikini line and under arms done.
Went for a consult and attempted my first session yesterday. It was SOOooooo..... painful that I had to stop! I was on the verge of tears. The laser used on darker skin is diff. from that used on white skin. Perhaps it is less painful.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Phenomom View Post
Went for a consult and attempted my first session yesterday. It was SOOooooo..... painful that I had to stop! I was on the verge of tears. The laser used on darker skin is diff. from that used on white skin. Perhaps it is less painful.
Hi
i had my test last wek which was fine. Got my first session tomorrow. The nurse did say that those with very dark hair and very pale skin get the best results. I guess The intensity of the light or laser has to be higher the darker your skin tone is! Dont put me off, Im frightened enough! Got to admit my skin is that pale I am almost see through so hopefully I wont need the laser on a very high setting. The nurse said it feels like a hot elsatic band twinging against your skin just over and over again. I have a pretty high pain threshold, took no meds post BA, but i may take something an hour or so before my appointment just in case!
Old 08-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Just One Bite --

YummeeCookee is on a distinguished road
Im really interested in getting this done before I get married. How early do you think I should start for a May wedding? Im just wondering how many treatments I might need . . . you can see my skin color in my avi and I have dark hair . . . kinda like Snow White
Old 08-10-2007, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by YummeeCookee View Post
Im really interested in getting this done before I get married. How early do you think I should start for a May wedding? Im just wondering how many treatments I might need . . . you can see my skin color in my avi and I have dark hair . . . kinda like Snow White
Hi
I would go and get a consultation as soon as possible, I was initially told I would need 6 to 7 sessions with 6 weeks between each session, which would be about 9 months in total!!! However I have just read that it takes 6 to 9 sessions over about 3 weeks. Very confused! I have my first treatment today so i will get it clarified and try to post later

Mx