Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

laser hair removal

Old 07-25-2007, 02:21 PM

jenncuesta is on a distinguished road
laser hair removal

so my mom is getting married and we went to the bridal extravaganza here in houston, other than the whole time ppl were approaching me as the bride and my mother as the mother of the bride, it was great! lol anyway, they have TONS of drawings you drop your name off for. i did a few myself and we both won $300 laser hair removal treatments!! and so i went yesterday and htey are doing a 25% off right now, so altogether i saved $1,000! its like $50 a month for 36months, (i did the longest i could for low payments since i gotta pay for the girls as well lol)and i am doing my bikini (brazillian) and underarms!!! i am so excited! just wanted to share that!

tomorrow is my first session so if anyone has ever done it or knows about it let me know!! i am getting at the American Laser Centers.

thanks gals!
Old 07-25-2007, 11:39 PM

amyh is on a distinguished road
That's awesome to win such a cool prize! Wish I could have gotten that much off my treatments!

I had my brazillian and underarms done as well. I have done 2 treatments so far. As far as pain (which is what I wanted to know about before I did it)... the underarms are like nothing. I mean you feel it but it's over so fast that you can't really call it pain. The brazillian is definately painful but not unbearable. I got the numbing cream the second time and that definately helps. The one thing that helped me alot is that the lady doing the would do a section (mine she marks off with white pencil) and then put her hand firmly on top of it. For some reason that stopped the pain. Even when she didn't do that, the pain in the area goes away instantly, it just lowered the intensity a bit.

After the treatments I am always red but it doesn't hurt at all. And the redness is gone the next day. The other thing I wish that someone had told me...... My hair is really dark and when the laser hits it some hairs get burned right under the skin. This is normal but the problem is that this particular hair takes longer to fall out so my armpits look like I haven't shaved. And shaving doesn't help cause they are under the skin. So just prepare for that, depending on how dark you hair is, and maybe not plan to wear any tanktops for a bit.

I'm not sure if any of that was what you really wanted to know. Let me know if there was anything specific you wanted to know.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:44 AM

jenncuesta is on a distinguished road
thanks amy!! that was extremely helpful. where did you get numbing cream from. i was reading the brochure hey gave me and it mentioned two, and one of them i think said you can get it anywhere.... i cant remember. sis you get yours from the Laser place or did you buy your own. the only thing they gave me was the post lotion to use 3-5 times a day for about a week right after treatment.

i know they have 2 lasers. one was a but weaker, mainly for people very light complected and dark hair (like me) and a stronger one for the opposite. they said they would start me at the first one, and its totally up to me to try the big one, its not harmful, just more painful.

thanks again amy! i cant wait!