Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Doesntplaynice

Laser hair removal for legs

Old 02-15-2012, 11:50 AM

pinklady13 is on a distinguished road
Question Laser hair removal for legs

I have very fair skin and black hair. When I shave I get a lot of razor bumps and it's driving me crazy. I can't wax either I got a bunch of bumps too. How much will it be for removal of hair on the legs? How many treatments does it take? (I have a lot of hair). Is it pretty permanent or how often will I need a touch up??? Thanks
Old 02-15-2012, 12:11 PM

Doesntplaynice is on a distinguished road
I've had it on my legs, bikini and underarms and I had it at American Lasers, cost was about $2000 and I went to treatments every 10 weeks for 3 years! It wasn't that bad and I still grow some hair but I can go a few weeks without shaving and it isn't very noticeable...not corse or anything anymore.

I also had fair skin and dark hair, even when i shaved you could see the hair under my skin!
Old 02-15-2012, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Doesntplaynice View Post
I've had it on my legs, bikini and underarms and I had it at American Lasers, cost was about $2000 and I went to treatments every 10 weeks for 3 years! It wasn't that bad and I still grow some hair but I can go a few weeks without shaving and it isn't very noticeable...not corse or anything anymore.

I also had fair skin and dark hair, even when i shaved you could see the hair under my skin!
how soon did you start to notice that there was less hair??? is there an unlimited amount of treatments you can have??? what if you move to another city can u go to another American laser at another city to finish? thanks
Old 02-15-2012, 12:34 PM

Doesntplaynice is on a distinguished road
I noticed less and less hair after each treatment. I think the way my contract worked was that I get 6 treatments and then if anything grows back at anytime within a 2 year period then I could continue going...so it was a total of 3 years I went. That means 3 years of NO TANNING!!!

And the claim that it is painless is a LIE!!! Its tolerable but it feels like little rubber bands snapping you!

I am 100% happy with the results but if i were to do it over I would find another place to go because i didn't like the fact that each time I went i had a different technician. When you are getting your butt crack lasered I would really like to keep the same person who did it last time LOL

pinklady13 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Doesntplaynice For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2012, 09:20 PM

Question

Originally Posted by Doesntplaynice View Post
I noticed less and less hair after each treatment. I think the way my contract worked was that I get 6 treatments and then if anything grows back at anytime within a 2 year period then I could continue going...so it was a total of 3 years I went. That means 3 years of NO TANNING!!!

And the claim that it is painless is a LIE!!! Its tolerable but it feels like little rubber bands snapping you!

I am 100% happy with the results but if i were to do it over I would find another place to go because i didn't like the fact that each time I went i had a different technician. When you are getting your butt crack lasered I would really like to keep the same person who did it last time LOL
When you get the bikini area lasered do they laser the edges of the groin area or the entire area??? They also laser your butt?? And you can't tan but do you have to avoid the sun or if you wear sunscreen it's ok?