Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Lazer Hair removal?

Old 09-13-2007, 08:34 AM
daynamac

daynamac is on a distinguished road
Lazer Hair removal?

Hey ladies. Just wondering if any of you out there has gotten either lazer hair removal or electrolosis done on their er.. ummm. cookie? I hate getting those little red bumps after shaving and would absolutely LOVE to not have to shave down there ever again!...

If you have, please tell me which one is better to get and aprox. cost / times you had to go...

Thanks!
Old 09-13-2007, 11:21 AM

hoolagirl is on a distinguished road
Thanks for that, I was just about to book a course of the IPL laser thinking it was the best!
Old 09-13-2007, 11:35 AM
daynamac

Awesome thanks so much! I am going to look into this after my BA. Might as well go all out!! So you don't have to shave at all? Is it smooth like a baby's bottom? LOL...
Old 09-13-2007, 04:14 PM
bstocs

I have been getting laser hair removal for the past year and it's great! I'm getting a brazillian and my upper lip. Since I am Italian with naturally darker skin it is taking longer to work on me. If you have lighter skin and darker hair it will work wonders!

It hurts a little bit when you get it done but it only takes about 30 min and it really helps if you take tylnenol an hour before. If you follow directions and don't go tanning it will help out too. If you have any questions feel free to private message me!

Old 09-14-2007, 05:37 AM
daynamac

Can you apply the "EMLA" cream on prior to the session to numb the skin some what? I am such a wimp! ahaha...
Old 09-14-2007, 06:29 AM

Rachael will become famous soon enough Rachael will become famous soon enough
I got the pulse light treatment done.... the entire brazilian job.

The first session i had i didnt have anything to numb it, because funny enough they said it was painless... boy oh boy did i cry!!

You can buy xylacaine jelly to use instead of the emla cream, it is a lot cheaper where i live..

Rachael
Old 09-14-2007, 09:29 AM

Im really fair skinned with dark hair, do you think IPL would work on me then?
There is only one place in Scotland that does the other laser and its too far for me to travel to on a regular basis, so if im going to go ahead with it, it would have to be the IPL
Old 09-16-2007, 12:04 AM

amyh is on a distinguished road
I am having laser done.... brazilian and under arms. I paid almost $2000 but from what I've seen on here, that definately seems to be on the higher end. I have had 3 treatments with 2 more to go. After that I have free maintenance for the next few months.

The first time I went, I didn't use any numbing cream. It definately hurt but it wasn't completely unbearable. I did however, get the numbing cream for the following times. What I didn't account for was the fact that they turn the laser up each time to get better results. So even with the numbing cream, it hurt more the second time and even more the third time! So needless to say I'm not exactly looking forward to the fourth and fifth!!!! But again it is not unbearable and as soon as it's over, the pain is basically gone. At the most it might feel like you have slight razor burn and is red for awhile.

I have had better results on my underarms than my brazilian but I am still pretty happy with the brazilian. I have super dark hair and light skin so even when I shaved my bikini area, it always looked like I had stubble. Now that is mostly gone.

I really think the difference in results has a lot to do with the person doing the laser. The first girl made me feel super comfortable and she had me bending my legs so she could get to the more "unreachable" areas. After that treatment, all the hair fell out and I was completely smooth. She didn't miss one. The two girls since her have definately not been as thorough and I have been left with patches of hairs that have been missed completely. They have assured me that they account for this and that's why they give you the maintenance time. I still think I'm going to see if I can call and request the first girl for my next treatment anyway.

Overall I think the pain and money are completely worth it. I don't have to shave my underarms at all anymore and my brazilian is good as well. Especially the bikini line area which was my biggest concern. In my opinion you should go for laser. I don't think you'll regret it.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:09 AM

Thanks, Im more concerned around my bikini line, my skin is so white and if i shave or use cream i get angry little spots (yuk tmi).

Also will they do the hair 'right under' if you know what i mean?