Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SumthinClever
  • 1 Post By petitemomma1

Laser Hair Removal and Tanning

Old 03-31-2012, 01:43 AM

milla02 is on a distinguished road
Laser Hair Removal and Tanning

I am thinking about trying laser hair removal but I was planning on doing it in June. Since it will be the summer time, I will be outside a lot tanning or just being outside in general. After you get laser hair removal, is there are certain time period you can't expose the skin to sunlight or UV rays? Are you extra prone to sun burns afterwards? And if so, how long were you recommended to wait before tanning after a treatment?
Old 03-31-2012, 05:45 AM

SumthinClever is on a distinguished road
I have mine scheduled for May and I was told not to tan a week before but that I can tan the day after if I want.

milla02 likes this.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:51 AM

petitemomma1 is on a distinguished road
I do laser hair removal and the general rule is, don't tan 4 weeks before and wait till one week after. Or cover the areas you are getting lasered when you are in the sun for long periods of time and use sun block. Laser hair removal and tanning are really not a good combination because it opens up the door for adverse reactions such as burns from the laser and hyperpigmentation on your skin. The places that will treat you when you are tan should be turning down the settings on the laser to prevent those adverse reactions from happening, but decreasing settings means less effective treatments and more of them to get rid of the hair.

milla02 likes this.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:37 PM

Victorious* has a spectacular aura Victorious* has a spectacular aura
Originally Posted by milla02 View Post
I am thinking about trying laser hair removal but I was planning on doing it in June. Since it will be the summer time, I will be outside a lot tanning or just being outside in general. After you get laser hair removal, is there are certain time period you can't expose the skin to sunlight or UV rays? Are you extra prone to sun burns afterwards? And if so, how long were you recommended to wait before tanning after a treatment?
Yes there is, I would say to wait until september to start your treatments. I get my laser hair done at my surgeons office and the restrictions are to keep the areas that are being used with the laser completely out of sunlight during the process.
The reason being: The laser light goes towards the darkness and if the skin is tanned around the hairs it will not have the same result.
My doctors office would not schedule me for this after may, since they new I would be exposed to the sun during the next few months. Once september hit I started back with the sessions!!

I love being hair free and its worth it, just know that as with anything there are restrictions. I hope this helped!