Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

'Portrait' for stretch mark removal- has anyone had this?

Old 10-21-2007, 09:39 AM

Lynn is on a distinguished road
'Portrait' for stretch mark removal- has anyone had this?

I'm wondering if anyone has even heard of this since I didn't get any response to my previous post?
If not, has anyone had any other treatments for stretch mark removal?
Old 10-21-2007, 09:22 PM

luckystar23 is on a distinguished road
Lynn: I'm reeeeeally looking forward to the repplies on this topic, gosh mine are so ugly!
Old 10-21-2007, 09:29 PM

luckystar23 is on a distinguished road
Here's what I found online

Stretch Marks
Stria
During periods of rapid weight gain, skin stretches to accommodate increased body volume. Because skin is elastic, it will tolerate significant stretching over a short period of time, such as during pregnancy. At some point, however, skin reaches a limit, and the deepest layer will tear instead of stretching further. When the deepest layer of skin tears, the overlying skin remains intact but appears thin and streaky. These streaks are called stretch marks. Once stretch marks occur, they are permanent.

Beware of Laser Removal of Stretch Marks
Although some physicians claim that lasers are effective in removing stretch marks, there is no evidence to support this. Most plastic surgeons think that lasers are ineffective in treating this problem.

Lasers are effective in removing, vaporizing, and breaking down tissues. They do not generally repair tissues. Stretch marks represent torn tissue. Hence, improvement should not be expected from laser treatment. Moreover, clinical studies have shown no improvement in stretch marks after laser treatment.

Surgical Removal of Stretch Marks
Abdominal stretch marks occur primarily below the belly button. The only way to remove stretch marks is with a tummy tuck. During a tummy tuck much of the skin below the belly button is removed, therefore stretch marks in this area are also removed. There is no other proven treatment for stretch marks.

and here's the website I got it from:

http://www.infoplasticsurgery.com/bo...etchmarks.html

I truly believe what it says eventhough I wish there was something less drastic such as a tummy tuck
The Following User Says Thank You to luckystar23 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2007, 12:00 PM

Lynn is on a distinguished road
Thanks Janet, I really appreciate you looking into this for me... I'm not that good with computers...
My stretch marks are on the back of my thighs at the top- I got them while I was pregnant but I wasn't that big really and I've never been overweight.
Oh dear, I thought something new had been invented... but I'm so glad I asked about it on here as I would have wasted my money... I most probably will not be trying it..
The Following User Says Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2007, 06:06 PM

crevette is on a distinguished road
sorry to say honey...but stretch marks are like a deep scar...but they are less noticeable over time...

i hope a miracle cure will come!! fortunatly i didn't have some during my pregnacies...just one big...between my two legs!! so not that noticeable...
Old 10-24-2007, 05:19 PM

MANDY2BOYZ is on a distinguished road
I Read This Article About This Cream On The Trya Show Its Called Trilastin. Go To Her Website And See Before And Afters. Good Luck.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:00 PM

veronika will become famous soon enough veronika will become famous soon enough
i dont think its possible to completely remove them but I am sure you can improve their appearance with laser treatments.