Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tinkgirl
  • 1 Post By sd1987

Laser Hair Removal on Breasts?

Old 09-30-2012, 10:24 PM
**Pic is Pre-BA**

D&A1998 is on a distinguished road
Laser Hair Removal on Breasts?

Weird question, but I don't know who else to ask but the dear ladies here on JBI! So, ever since I went through puberty I've had these stray hairs on my breasts. I mean, I think we all have 'hairs' but these ones are ugly and I used to shave them so they have since turned dark.

I've been thinking about using laser hair removal on them. Has anyone here done that and what was your experience like? Is is possible to just do it once and be done? I've done tattoo removal before and I pray that it is nothing like it at all. Ouch!

Thanks so much and I apologize if this question has been answered somewhere else.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:44 AM

tinkgirl is on a distinguished road
Hello!! I've had laser hair removal there. It's actually a pretty common area for hair removal. I used to work for a dr that did laser hair removal. Pain wise the tattoo removal is MUCH MUCH worse!!! Depending on the hair type, your hair grows in cycles so it wont be done growing after 1 treatment Prob 6 to 8 treatments.

D&A1998 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to tinkgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 11:48 AM

sd1987 is on a distinguished road
I would go in to talk to someone before you book your appt. It needs to be dark hair pigment to work. You said yours turned darker, however I had a friend with the same situation but the root was blonde (something like that?) and it didn't end up working well for her at all. Might be worth asking a profesional. Waxing might be a good solution as well.

D&A1998 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to sd1987 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2012, 12:08 PM

Blushed is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sd1987 View Post
I would go in to talk to someone before you book your appt. It needs to be dark hair pigment to work. You said yours turned darker, however I had a friend with the same situation but the root was blonde (something like that?) and it didn't end up working well for her at all. Might be worth asking a profesional. Waxing might be a good solution as well.
What she said is true. It works best for those who have lighter skin and darker/coarser hair. The more of that contrast the better. Those who have darker skin tones or lighter color/fine hair it won't work for. Go in and have the area you want looked at. Depending on the machines they have and your skin/hair, they'll let you know if you're a good candidate or not.

Blushed's plastic surgeon is Tom Pousti, M.D.
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 10-18-2012, 12:30 PM

candee is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by D&A1998 View Post
Weird question, but I don't know who else to ask but the dear ladies here on JBI! So, ever since I went through puberty I've had these stray hairs on my breasts. I mean, I think we all have 'hairs' but these ones are ugly and I used to shave them so they have since turned dark.

I've been thinking about using laser hair removal on them. Has anyone here done that and what was your experience like? Is is possible to just do it once and be done? I've done tattoo removal before and I pray that it is nothing like it at all. Ouch!

Thanks so much and I apologize if this question has been answered somewhere else.
I work as a laser tech and we actually have a few women come in and get laser hair removal on the breast area but you just cant get it done on the actual areola. Also it works great for dark coarse hair rather than light fine hairs, and its not that painful depending on what machine that the place you go to uses.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:03 PM

angeleyes is on a distinguished road
Best to go in for a consultation to be sure that you are a good candidate for laser hair removal on your breasts. There might be better options such as waxing or threading especially if you don't have a lot of hair in the area that you want treated. I agree with the above poster, laser hair removal works best on coarse dark hair and light skin. It still is effective with other hair types, but it may require more treatments.

Best of luck

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 10-18-2012, 11:58 PM
Every day is a good day with big boobies :-)

Brittany6755 is on a distinguished road
Nordstrom's sells a home laser machine that could work. Then you just pay that one time and have it at home to do every two weeks until it's gone, provided you have dark hair. This particular product does not work on blonde hair.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 10-19-2012, 12:17 AM

PinkofHearts will become famous soon enough
I haven't had laser hair removal on my breasts but if you are light skinned and the hairs are dark now it should be fairly successful. I am in the process of having laser tattoo removal and I've done it right before and after Brazilian laser hair removal. I honestly don't think tattoo removal hurts at all and the Brazilian is a cakewalk now. The first time was the worst and it didn't even "hurt" it was just uncomfortable in a few tender places. They use a different laser for hair removal and tattoo removal and I would think hair removal on your breasts wouldn't be bad at all.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:30 AM

Pink1988 is on a distinguished road
Laser

Any updates on anyone who decided to get Laser on that area? Just wondering what the results were and how many treatments it took?

Thanks