Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

laser hair removal permanent?

Old 11-25-2007, 11:38 PM

bluetree is on a distinguished road
laser hair removal permanent?

I'm thinking about getting laser hair removal on pretty much my whole body..lol. But I have a friend that did it and it all grew back! I know you have to purchase packages and go multiple times, which is what she did. She also went to a dermatologist. All I know is that I will be pretty freakin pissed off if I spend that much money to have it all grow back!! Has anyone had any positive, permanent experiences? Any advice?
Old 11-26-2007, 11:50 AM

Thanks for your replies ladies. Did you go to a plastic surgeon or a dermatologist? Also, were you able to purchase "package deals" or did you have to just pay for each session as you went?

Last edited by bluetree; 11-26-2007 at 12:15 PM. Reason: whoops...typo!
Old 11-26-2007, 11:56 AM

Giggles is on a distinguished road
i went to a a company that specializes in it and they have locations all over the US (i move around a LOT). Usually an MD is head of the office (they do other types of procedures too) but there are trained techs who do the laser. The place I go to recommends a package of 6 treatments and then they have a two year guarentee afterwards so that if you see anymore hair in those treated areas, you can go in for more treatments for free (for up to 2 years after you've completed the treatment). After 3 sessions I've noticed a dramatic improvement (bikini and underarms). No more razor burn here!! woohoo! I'm really looking forward to the final results!
(most places have better deals if you go with the packages...so i'd check into those!)
The Following User Says Thank You to Giggles For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2007, 12:19 PM

penny is on a distinguished road
You might want to go to the American Laser Center's website, I'm not sure exactly where you live but there might be one by you. I think it says if you get it done there, and if the hair grows back within 2 years after your sessions, they'll do it again for free.
The Following User Says Thank You to penny For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2007, 12:22 PM

Giggles is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by boobieLIcious07 View Post
You might want to go to the American Laser Center's website, I'm not sure exactly where you live but there might be one by you. I think it says if you get it done there, and if the hair grows back within 2 years after your sessions, they'll do it again for free.
This is who I go to! OH...they are expensive but you can talk them down in price.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:40 PM

britmichelle is on a distinguished road
i have had 3 treatments to my under arm and bikini line
i have 7 booked in total which is recommended as minimum. I am already noticing a significant reduction in hair growth.
I went to transform in UK where i had my implants done, they use a qualified nurse.
how many treatments you need and the success rate is determined by your skin type and hair type. It works best pale skin with dark hair
The Following User Says Thank You to britmichelle For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2007, 05:54 PM
Just One Bite --

YummeeCookee is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
This is who I go to! OH...they are expensive but you can talk them down in price.
I have a consult w them this Wed. Now Im kinda bummed out to hear that they are expensive
I want to have my underarms done and was thinking about my bikini area too.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:02 PM
Just One Bite --

Originally Posted by bluetree View Post
I'm thinking about getting laser hair removal on pretty much my whole body..lol. But I have a friend that did it and it all grew back! I know you have to purchase packages and go multiple times, which is what she did. She also went to a dermatologist. All I know is that I will be pretty freakin pissed off if I spend that much money to have it all grow back!! Has anyone had any positive, permanent experiences? Any advice?
Hey, I just realized you were from DC too. Have you looked into Reveal MedSpa? I always hear their ads on the radio. I hope thats not where your friend went!
Old 11-26-2007, 06:02 PM

Cool thanks, let me know how it goes!

I've heard of Medspa and heard they are also expensive. My friend actually went to a dermatologist almost 5 years ago.....maybe things weren't as advanced then? She has a feeling the lady was pretty inexperienced. My PS offers it too, so I'm going to ask him about pricing when I go in for my next followup.

Since you're in the DC area, I've also heard Alternative Health Associates in Alexandria is actually good. A friend of a friend told me he got a brazilian there and it hasn't grown back so far. Their pricing is pretty good too and they offer packages....the pricing is on their site. I'll probably do a consult with them too.

Last edited by bluetree; 11-26-2007 at 06:10 PM. Reason: added more info!
Old 11-26-2007, 06:56 PM

boobiegirl86 is on a distinguished road
This forum got me thinking about the laser hair removal and I looked up the prices of people in Charleston and they were almost HALF the price of what I had previously seen in Charlotte.

I'm talking 150$ per treatment. That's crazy cheap. In Charlotte it's @ least 300 depending on the area.

I guess if I do it, it'll be here in Charleston!
Old 11-26-2007, 06:58 PM

DANG! I may have to take a little vacation.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Just One Bite --

Just to update everyone . . . I did purchase a package of sessions. I have my first one this Thursday, so Im pretty excited. I figure Ill definitely be ready for summer since Im starting now.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:34 PM

wantboobs is on a distinguished road
Laser hair removal is great - I had a brazlian bikini removal. I am on treatment #8. I went to the American Laser place. I wish it didn't sting as much as it does when they do it - but it's worth it. I have redness for about 1/2 hour and then it's gone. You just can't tan in that area if you are having the laser treatment. Mine has a 2 yr guarantee too - which is a good deal.
So nice not have have stuble, razor burn, bumps, well worth it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wantboobs For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2007, 08:28 PM

ChangedMyName is on a distinguished road
if you're doing it somewhere where the hair is extremely thick and dark like underarms or bikini, then i'm sure it'd work. if you're doing something like legs or arms then dont waste your money, honestly :-/ i wish i didnt waste mine
The Following User Says Thank You to ChangedMyName For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2007, 06:55 PM

bflylover is on a distinguished road
I had this done this past year. It was my Christmas present LMAO

I had about 6-7 treatments and have DARK, coarse, hair. I was excited while doing the sessions and not having hardly anything ther but very FINE hairs and almost blonde.

I am sad now however because when my treatments were over (last one was in Aug/beginning of Sept) the hair has come back. Now its not growing as fast its not as coarse but its still DARK.

I had my underarms and FULL bikini area done.

I really want the hair GONE so I am thinking maybe another round of treatments (full sessions)
Old 12-16-2007, 07:00 PM

bflylover is on a distinguished road
ok so I googled American Laser Center and they have a location in the new town we moved to.

I am wondering if I go in and see what they say whatcha think?

Couldn't hurt huh?

The previous treatments this is what they used.

***We use the Gentle Lase Hair Removal System, which does not require the use of skin gels or ointments and uses a cooling skin spray to reduce discomfort. Effective long-lasting hair reduction requires multiple treatment spread over a period of 4-6 months
Old 01-16-2008, 07:51 AM

pixiedust741 is on a distinguished road
I go to Ideal Image. I just had my third treatment for underarms and full brazilian. I can actually tell a dramatic difference in the amount and thickness of the growth. I can't wait till I'm all done!