Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Anyone done leg vien removal???

Old 12-06-2007, 10:52 AM

bluetree is on a distinguished road
Question Anyone done leg vien removal???

I have just one big ugly blue vien in the back of my left knee and I'm thinking about getting it removed. My dermatologist said she could do it for me for $125, and they inject it with this liquid. I've read about it and it all just seems so weird to me....lol.

She also assured me that there would be no pain or down time. I don't believe this. Has anyone had this treatment done that can offer any advice or information?? Thanks!!!!
Old 12-06-2007, 01:02 PM

jellybean is on a distinguished road
I have had it done. I had lots of verocuse veins and spider veines( made it look like I had large purple spots on my leggs). I had to have both leggs upper and lower done. It is not painful, it feels a bit like a bee sting at first.I reacted a bit to the solution that they inject which just made it a bit ichy,(you can take an antihistamine for it). there is no down I am a hairdresser and was right back to work the next morning. A few spots were tender like a bruse but only if a poked them. You are only haveing one done so It will be easy, It will look worse before it looks better and it does take at least a few days to look better. The solution colapes the vein and then all the blood that was in that vein gets reabsorbed into your body so it looks like a big bruse for a while. hth
The Following User Says Thank You to jellybean For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Ivy
President of the Universe

Ivy is a name known to all Ivy is a name known to all Ivy is a name known to all Ivy is a name known to all Ivy is a name known to all Ivy is a name known to all
Sclerotherapy

I know someone that had this done, she said that it burned when they were injecting her but she was fine when it was over. She didn't see instant results, it took a while. Over all she was happy with it. I of course would suggest going to a PS for this, not a dermatologist.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ivy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2007, 01:18 PM

jellybean is on a distinguished road
Ivy is right, I went to a ps for this and recommend it. I am very pleased with the results, no more purple / blue looking legs.

Last edited by jellybean; 12-09-2007 at 01:21 PM. Reason: spelling
The Following User Says Thank You to jellybean For This Useful Post: