Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Like Tree14Likes

Starting full brazillian laser hair removal next week!

Reply Subscribe
Old 03-16-2013, 05:52 PM

Kat. will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by BC A2C View Post
I'd love to give it a try, but I'm chicken sh*t lol....a combination of being a bit shy + the pain in the junk area.

I'm like you. Naturally I'm quite fair, but my hair (at least there) is dark. My blonde friends have given it a try with mixed luck. I think I'd be a good candidate if I could get over my fear.

The idea of "shedding" is hilarious. If you shave right before the appointment, I guess it would take a little while for the hairs to regrown long enough to fall out, correct?

I've heard two different methods of treatment too.

1.) You do the whole area gradually increasing the strength. Example, 6 sessions over the whole area, increasing the strength each time or everything couple sessions.
2.) You so smaller areas each, but start and stay with a high setting. Example, 6 sessions, but each session might cover 1/3 of the total area, and only 2-3 sessions per area.
I'm really shy too so I know how you feel. It took me so long to actually go get a professional brazilian wax because I was too embarrassed. Most times I just did it myself because I felt so awkward.

I think the laser really will be worth both the pain and embarrassment though. The pain was honestly not that bad, but I guess it will probably get worse when the laser gets turned up. Right now I'm at 25 and will probably go up to around 40 by the end.

The lasers are supposed to work much better on dark hair compared to blonde so you would probably have better results than your friends. I guess one benefit of having dark hair there lol.

I guess it must be that the hair just takes a while to grow out after your treatment because I thought it was supposed to kill the follicle immediately. I think most of the hair just fell out while I was shaving because luckily I never actually noticed any shedding at other times. Mostly the hair just grew back thinner each time.

I have never heard of doing smaller areas at a higher setting. I am doing everything at once. The reason I started at a lower setting was because the tech was afraid to burn me. I think I will be going up to a high setting as fast as possible.

Originally Posted by sneeko View Post
yep! It takes about 10 days for me for the hair to shed. That's pretty good for a first appointment! But don't be surprised if a lot of it grows back after a couple months, because hair grows in phases.
I'm on appt 7, two left I think. I've got naturally red hair though, so need to use a different laser at a higher setting and have had patchy results. These days I'm loving it, though.. not much left to go.
Before my last appointment I had figured I was pretty much done, but then out of nowhere I had a fresh batch of hair and it looked like barely any progress had been made! It was frustrating. Last appt took care of it all, though. Good riddance!
I heard 7-10 was average so I was getting a bit concerned when two weeks later I still wasn't seeing any results. Good to hear it's normal to wait a little longer for the shedding. Thanks for warning me about it possibly growing back, I would not have been expecting that. I was also quite surprised at the results, but I assume I will not have such a drastic reduction the next few times. My hair also fell out in patches. Probably TMI but I have a vertical and horizontal line pattern now. So strange.

Kat.'s plastic surgeon is Don R. Revis, Jr., M.D, F.A.C.S
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 03-16-2013, 05:58 PM
saving my pennies

sneeko is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Kat. View Post
I heard 7-10 was average so I was getting a bit concerned when two weeks later I still wasn't seeing any results. Good to hear it's normal to wait a little longer for the shedding. Thanks for warning me about it possibly growing back, I would not have been expecting that. I was also quite surprised at the results, but I assume I will not have such a drastic reduction the next few times. My hair also fell out in patches. Probably TMI but I have a vertical and horizontal line pattern now. So strange.
hahahah! yeah. I had a "kitty whisker" pattern for about 2 months

missed likes this.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:15 AM

SumthinClever is on a distinguished road
I have finished 6 sessions and I am really really happy. I will be going back for 6 more (it's cheaper to just get the full groupon than to pay for individual sessions).

Growth patterns are so odd. I would think I was hair free for weeks and then bam, new growth. Now if I let it grow out I'm pretty sure I'd look like I had some kind of patchy disease! The hair is a lot softer and so easy to shave. For me the very best part is NO INGROWN HAIRS!!!
Old 03-17-2013, 09:39 AM

AllieCat will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by SumthinClever View Post
I have finished 6 sessions and I am really really happy. I will be going back for 6 more (it's cheaper to just get the full groupon than to pay for individual sessions).

Growth patterns are so odd. I would think I was hair free for weeks and then bam, new growth. Now if I let it grow out I'm pretty sure I'd look like I had some kind of patchy disease! The hair is a lot softer and so easy to shave. For me the very best part is NO INGROWN HAIRS!!!
I've done 5 I think? I need to go back but life keeps getting in the way :/
But yeah patchiness! On the plus side, I went in for a Brazilian wax the other day, seriously took 10 mins! Lol, totally pain free.
One the hair grows back ill go back to laser.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:02 AM
amb

amb is on a distinguished road
Old thread but,

I have a question for you ladies. I just bought a package of 6 brazilian and 6 underarm laser hair removal treatments. I usually get full brazilian waxes, but I'm unsure if I am ready to commit to a lifetime of complete baldness. With the laser can I keep a patch of hair? If so do I not shave the patch I want to keep?

I plan on calling the center and asking them, but they're closed til Monday and was hoping to cull the collective JBI experience.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:09 PM

Polarprincess is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by amb View Post
I have a question for you ladies. I just bought a package of 6 brazilian and 6 underarm laser hair removal treatments. I usually get full brazilian waxes, but I'm unsure if I am ready to commit to a lifetime of complete baldness. With the laser can I keep a patch of hair? If so do I not shave the patch I want to keep?

I plan on calling the center and asking them, but they're closed til Monday and was hoping to cull the collective JBI experience.

Thanks in advance.
I think its different from place to place, I was told to shave everything and they just marked the area i wanted left.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:00 PM

360mods will become famous soon enough
I will be 2 weeks out my first treatment tomorrow.. I'm having it all done full bikini, butt, underarms, and legs.. My bikini is almost bald and my underarms.. My legs have started to shed a few.. I go back for my 2nd treatment in 8 weeks between sessions.. How's treatment number 2???
Old 09-12-2013, 10:28 PM
vivi bene, ridi spesso, ama tanto e mangia bene.

Ziva is on a distinguished road
I didn't even think about bringing an ice pack, that's a great idea. The laser they use also has a cooling tip so hopefully that helps.

I had a feeling this would be worse than a brazillian wax. I tried my friend's Tria laser once (at home diode laser) and it's definitely a different feeling. To me it felt like being poked with a hot pin or something like that. My skin felt warm after too. I'm not sure what strength it was, but I assume the professional laser will be a lot more powerful. The at home one didn't really do anything.[/QUOTE]

I had my laser done at my PS office and she gave me the numbing cream as part of my treatment. I made my appt at 6 am, so at 4 am I would put the cream on my privates and wrap in plastic wrap, put under my arms and then go back to bed for a while. When I got to the office I was numb. Felt nothing. I would not ever to it without it. IMO. It was explained to me the feeling of a rubber band snapping on your skin over and over.

I love my results and it was only 700 compared to 1500 at a med spa. I went 7 or 8 times to the office, and I have NO hair at all.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:32 PM

catcherintherye is on a distinguished road
I also think it varies on the place. I kept a little soul patch since like you I wasn't sure about being totally bald full time. They just lasered around it no problem. It's shaved off in 15 seconds for spring/summer and I grow the goatee back for fall/winter. I also figured, what the hell, it'll probably fall off over the next couple of decades anyways!
Old 10-09-2013, 02:57 PM

Scorpia will become famous soon enough
Ok now I really want to get laser hair removal
Old 03-12-2014, 05:33 AM

Boston_gal is on a distinguished road
Leenbean09 is a really smart tech! I'm a medical Esthetician and have bend working with Lasers for almost 9 years. This is going to change your life! Lol I am Greek and had a ton of body hair, and now it's virtually gone! Brazilian, legs, arms, underarms, everything! I haven't shaved in years! You will be so happy!

I agree with Leenbean09- don't use the numbing cream...not worth it. And if they are using candela then the cryo-air will help more with the pain anyways. It's not really that painful. I personally think the diode is the worst and I used that on myself on my full brazillian! Lol beauty=pain! Also, the painkillers are not a good idea unless you talk with the tech. Just because as a tech, we look for different signs in the area and like Leenbean09 said, painkillers have anti-inflammatory properties so it decreases the edema and the little red bumps. Also, listen to them even though it sounds like a long time between treatments. They are going by the hair growth cycle, which is kindof long for the bottom half of the body. 7-10 wks is a good time frame just because you want to target as much hair with active blood supply at the same time to make the treatment effective. It's not necessarily more treatments equals better results, its the more active follicles you get the better results! Good luck!
Old 03-14-2014, 05:33 PM

my3boys is on a distinguished road
Hi ladies, I really want to do this. Bikini and underarms. I don't know that I want a FULL Brazilian but most of it gone would be good. I am a grown woman with 4 kids. I have no problem going to the OB/GYN. If he could do it, I would be fine, but for some reason this really freaks me out. Exposing myself like that un-nerves me. How bad is it. Like, how do they get you into positions to get all of it? All fours or what? I am sure it is much worse in my head than it really is. I know these ladies have probably seen it all and it is not a big deal, but oh my goodness!!!!
Old 03-16-2014, 04:33 AM

roxiev has room for improvement
I just finished my second brazillian laser treatment, and the therapist who did it for me only focused on my the area above my labias and there is still a ton of hair on my labias that did not drop out.

I was told the inner labia and crack cannot be lasered due to the skin on those areas being too thin or something, and there is the risk of getting burned.

Is this true? I would have thought brazillian lasers would help get rid of all hairs so I never have to do a wax again, but if this is the case then I still need to continue doing waxes?
Old 07-29-2015, 10:57 PM

WannabeFox is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by roxiev View Post
I just finished my second brazillian laser treatment, and the therapist who did it for me only focused on my the area above my labias and there is still a ton of hair on my labias that did not drop out.

I was told the inner labia and crack cannot be lasered due to the skin on those areas being too thin or something, and there is the risk of getting burned.

Is this true? I would have thought brazillian lasers would help get rid of all hairs so I never have to do a wax again, but if this is the case then I still need to continue doing waxes?
I know this is an old post but now I'm wondering the exact same thing.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:06 AM

Threadfin is on a distinguished road
I had mine all done...everything is gone 10 years ago along with my arm pits. It's the best money I ever spent! I get a spare hair here or there but no more razor burn. And when I am pregnant it seems to all come back like I never got it done (which first time around REALLY FREAKED ME OUT!) but after pregnancy it all fell out and went back to normal so I assumed it was hormones. I had 8 sessions on my lady bits and 3 on my arm pits. It never dried me out, I would get welts after my sessions because my hair was very dark. I'm Native American and basically I'm blonde hair everywhere but the lady parts and armpits. Aside from my head of course lol. The darker the hair the higher they must turn up the laser. I was lucky and had a gf do mine. So the awkwardness wasn't too bad. And I never was so sore etc afterwards that a little ice pack or ibuprofen couldn't handle after the appointment. I always will recommend it to any woman instead of getting waxed. It's lasted me for so long. I could use a touch up probably but after 10 years it's seriously 20 hairs MAX that grow back.
Reply Subscribe